Author Topic: Kumoricon kicked my butt...  (Read 1732 times)

Offline Erdenshire

• Oni
Kumoricon kicked my butt...
« on: September 04, 2007, 12:41:10 pm »
... and I was fairly warned!

Hello everyone!

This was my first year staffing Kumoricon, and my first year attending Kumoricon... and my first con ever.  I joined con staff in July after attending the meeting in June, having been encouraged to attend by Rian Mueller.  I ended up joining staff under Publicity with my two roommates, and I've been helping out with the website side of things to add some features, as well as helping Rian with some things dealing with the con.  At the con, had urban camouflage pants and a mesh tactical vest on, and I was pretty much always with my roommate, forum name "Caigan", who is taller than me, had a different type of vest on and wore a Prinny hat most of the time..

The scale of the convention was a bit overwhelming for my first con, but it was definitely fun.  I didn't get to attend all of the panels I wanted to, but the sheer number of people, rooms, panels, and vendors and artists was quite amazing.  We also joined a bit late to get a hotel room at a discount, and we figured we could drive to and from the con every day.  That turned out to be a very bad idea!

All in all, I had fun at my first convention...

... and I'll do what I can to do it all again next year!  Except maybe with a hotel room this time...

Offline Wanganator

• Cabbit
    • Deviantart User name: AnimeDaisuki
Re: Kumoricon kicked my butt...
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2007, 12:46:35 pm »
yea triving to the con is a bad idea, I did that for 2 years straight for Sakura Con for the past 2 years. Next year I'm going to just see if I can cram myself into someone's room. It would be worth it! I don't have to adjust to my friend's "schedules"
This was also my first kumoricon. But I've been to Sakura con for 5 years now. they are all wonderful experiences :D.
The best weekend I've ever had in at least 3 years. XD
Solo party deshou? deshou?

Offline Caigan

• Oni
    • House Rules
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2007, 12:47:09 pm »
Heee, I warned him that conventions were tiring, and that being on staff was even more taxing on the body, but he didn't quite believe me. =P

"WHERE IS EVERYONE GETTING THESE TAC VESTS?!"
"Do you play airsoft?"
"Do you play paintball?"

It was fun getting a lot of comments on our tactical vests (My only costume pieces were my prinny hat and Big Sis Prinny necklace thing). My tac vest is part of my normal every-day wear.

Offline Erdenshire

• Oni
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2007, 02:13:37 pm »
Yeah, I learned that this year Wanganator.  I can't wait for next year, where I'll either have a room, or at least, hopefully, negotiate for some floorspace before too many others do!