Author Topic: LovelyAngel's Kumoricon Photos  (Read 4413 times)

Offline LovelyAngel

• Cabbit
    • Dark Shiny Object
LovelyAngel's Kumoricon Photos
« on: September 03, 2007, 01:06:30 am »
My Kumoricon 2007 photos are now available online:

After you select a photo by clicking on a thumbnail, you can use left and right arrow keys to navigate (or you can use the navigation thumbnail images).  When a single photo is displayed, you can click on the photo to see a larger version.  Click again on the large image to dismiss it.

You'll note that I generally don't take pictures of poses.  I think everyone else has that style covered, and I'd rather do something different.  A lot of times my experiments don't work, and I discard a lot of mediocre photos.  But I try not to take it all too seriously.

My personal blog entry for this year's convention is at: http://lovelyangel.livejournal.com/426964.html

If you are featured in one or more of my photos and want me to take it down, please email me and identify the photos (by number) of concern.  I'll remove photos as soon as I can.  For everyone else, thank you for allowing me to practice and share my art.

~Amy

Offline Rushifa

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Sewing Madness
Re: LovelyAngel's Kumoricon Photos
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2007, 04:15:54 pm »
You've got some lovely pictures there!  I love your technique of not going for poses, but just taken improptu pictures; it really captures the feel of the con, not just the individual characters.  You also have that wonderful photagrapher's magic which allows you to capture the best of people in your photos!

Offline LovelyAngel

• Cabbit
    • Dark Shiny Object
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2007, 04:49:42 pm »
You've got some lovely pictures there!  I love your technique of not going for poses, but just taken improptu pictures; it really captures the feel of the con, not just the individual characters.  You also have that wonderful photographer's magic which allows you to capture the best of people in your photos!

Thank you for your kind words!  (^_^)  I'm glad you felt like the photos conveyed the feel of the con, as that's what I try to do.  So I'm pleased I achieved some success.

~Amy

Offline SunneyTehBunney

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2007, 05:28:17 pm »
WOW, you have an amazing camera. What model is it? D: and what was the damage to your wallet for it? (If you don't mind my asking)

Offline GenKirby

• Oni
    • My DA
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2007, 05:42:35 pm »
You take some really amazing photos. I especially like how you don't have poses. It looks a lot more natural.

(and if I squint I can see myself in photo 67 -laughs-)
I was Saix for '07.
If took my picture, please send it my way. <3

Offline LovelyAngel

• Cabbit
    • Dark Shiny Object
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 06:07:46 pm »
WOW, you have an amazing camera. What model is it? D: and what was the damage to your wallet for it? (If you don't mind my asking)

Ah... and my many years as an anime cel collector once made me think I'd never have a hobby more expensive than anime... but I was wrong.  (^_~)

So brace yourself; these numbers are mind-blowing... I shoot using a Nikon D200 digital SLR, which cost about $1500 for the body only.  (The price will be coming down when the D300 hits the shelves in November.)  Most of the photos I took using a Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.4D lens -- a very, very sweet lens worth every penny of the $1000 I paid for it.  For a few of the wider-angle shots I used a $300 Nikkor AF 35mm f/2D lens.  This all equals a lot of cels.  But since the industry doesn't use cels anymore, I guess my resources had to be directed elsewhere.

You take some really amazing photos. I especially like how you don't have poses. It looks a lot more natural.

Thank you for the compliment and the feedback!  (^_^)  (Sorry you're only a tiny part of the collage!)

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 06:22:11 pm »
Uggh, you have a horrid picture of my face. But i think thats just me hating how i look lol (3rd page of the main gallery, i was vincent)

Offline LovelyAngel

• Cabbit
    • Dark Shiny Object
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2007, 06:35:24 pm »
Uggh, you have a horrid picture of my face. But i think thats just me hating how i look lol (3rd page of the main gallery, i was vincent)

Hmmm.  I think it's a fine, sturdy profile, but I don't know you personally, so you might feel that it doesn't represent what you really look like.  If you'd like me to take the picture down, just say the word.  But I don't think you should be so hard on yourself. JMHO.

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2007, 07:30:32 pm »
lol, no, its fine. I just complain about myself thats all ^_-

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2007, 08:17:14 pm »
Amazing pictures!  :D

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline Yugure

• Cabbit
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2007, 09:06:30 pm »
Hehe, you got my friend (Hazuki from suikoden V or the girl with the three petals and gold leaves on back) from behind while she was taking pictures or something.  XD

Very nice pictures.

Offline LovelyAngel

• Cabbit
    • Dark Shiny Object
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2007, 09:31:17 pm »
Amazing pictures!  :D

Thanks! (^_^)

Hehe, you got my friend (Hazuki from suikoden V or the girl with the three petals and gold leaves on back) from behind while she was taking pictures or something.  XD

Very nice pictures.

Thank you! 

It's sort of funny how many backs of people I take photos of.  Part of the reason is that I am doing candid photos, and it's easier to approach someone from behind.  But sometimes I think cosplayers from the backside are interesting...  there's color, detail and texture... at times nice lighting... so I like capturing that when I can.  It's a very small niche.  After all, there are thousands and thousands of costume photos from the front -- but hardly anyone photographs the back.  I happen to like that particular photo of your friend very much and in fact used it for the cover photo for the gallery.  (I like to use portrait orientation photos for gallery covers, and I don't really shoot much in portrait mode, so my choices for cover photos are limited.  Hers I thought was the best of the bunch.)  You can see the gallery covers only when you go one level up.

~Amy

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2007, 10:23:04 am »
I love candid photos! So rare at a con too - thanks for posting.

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline SunneyTehBunney

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2007, 05:08:35 am »

Ah... and my many years as an anime cel collector once made me think I'd never have a hobby more expensive than anime... but I was wrong.  (^_~)

So brace yourself; these numbers are mind-blowing... I shoot using a Nikon D200 digital SLR, which cost about $1500 for the body only.  (The price will be coming down when the D300 hits the shelves in November.)  Most of the photos I took using a Nikkor AF 85mm f/1.4D lens -- a very, very sweet lens worth every penny of the $1000 I paid for it.  For a few of the wider-angle shots I used a $300 Nikkor AF 35mm f/2D lens.  This all equals a lot of cels.  But since the industry doesn't use cels anymore, I guess my resources had to be directed elsewhere.

Thank you for the compliment and the feedback!  (^_^)  (Sorry you're only a tiny part of the collage!)

Yep.

I crapped myself.

XD Wow....thanx for the info!

*checks her purse.....moth flies out* T3T....