Author Topic: ANIME JEOPARDY! 8PM in PANEL 1 on SAT  (Read 2874 times)

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
ANIME JEOPARDY! 8PM in PANEL 1 on SAT
« on: August 31, 2007, 12:03:40 am »
Anime Jeopardy @ 8PM IN Panel Room 1 ON Sat. (Day 1)

Ara ara.

A note before I proceed: Anime Jeopardy was concieved and put together by my cousin, Laven V (Syuriken). I'm simply his tech man, and because he is currently in California for a funeral I am making the Anime Jeopardy thread.

-

Better late than never, and we've finally gotten around to making a thread for Anime Jeopardy.

Anime Jeopardy will be ran exactly like a game of Jeopardy (except more drawn out). Your host will be Jigen, Laven V.

Contestants will be selected from the crowd via trivia questions similar to those that will be found in the actual game. If you want to participate in Anime Jeopardy, make sure to come ready to answer anime related trivia questions.

There will be prizes provided for the winner of Anime Jeopardy. Prizes will also be awarded to the losing contestants and also a few audience prizes will be given away over the course of Anime Jeopardy.

Quick Stats:

Host - Laven V. (Jigen, Lupin III)
Tech Man/Judge - Kenneth H. (Arsene Lupin III, Lupin III)

Number of Contestants: 3 (Selected from the Audience during Pre-game)

Rounds: Jeopardy, Double Jeopardy, Final Jeopardy

When: 8PM on Saturday
Where: Panel Room 1
Why: Kumoricon needs a good game of Jeopardy, and you need to be there to make it happen.

Prizes: Grand Prize for the Winner; Runner-up Prizes for the two losers; Small Audience prizes for the winners in the audience.

Sponsored by The Random Panel of Doom and my bookshelf.

Also, impartial judges will be needed. If you're interested, inform us either via PM or at the convention.

I hope to see you all there, if Anime Jeopardy does well Laven V. had a few more ideas in his hat for Kumoricon's game show circuit.

RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline Teuvan

• Sailor Scout
    • Blogspot page.
Re: ANIME JEOPARDY! 8PM in PANEL 1 on SAT
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2007, 12:09:50 am »
I'll try to make it. Hoping for some good questions.
You've been among winebibbers and riotous eaters of flesh, haven't you?
I admit I told you to sell your body, but I did only mean your organs. - Excel

Offline syuriken

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2007, 11:51:54 am »
As the host, I can Guarantee great questions.  I would have made this thread earlier, but I had no time. Thanks to AzuKyo for picking up the metaphorical "dropped ball"
Cosplay 2009

+ Irvine Kinneas [Final Fantasy VIII]

Offline Kayoe

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Invasion: The Comic
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2007, 12:51:21 pm »
Sounds fun!
I'll try to be there!

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2007, 07:22:09 pm »
For all those that stayed for the entire game, thank you all (and I haven't slit my wrists, yet).

The Winner was Matthew Gillette (Justtoast). I forget what he won with, but he recieved the prize of Vol. 1 - 3 (complete) of .hack//Legend of the Twilight.

There were several issues with this first attempt at running an Anime Jeopardy and we appreciate everyone who stayed afterwards to talk with us about making it better.

If all goes according to plan, we will be launching an Anime Jeopardy Project to create better games of Jeopardy for the following years. If you're interested in helping us, please e-mail me (the tech guy/Suicidal Lupin III) at otakuinstrumentalityproject@gmail.com

Thank you all who attended.
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。