Author Topic: Weapons policy for skits question  (Read 2957 times)

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
Weapons policy for skits question
« on: March 28, 2008, 08:50:09 pm »
This question is kind of similar to the other weapons policy thread, so I apologize if it ends up having the same answer. ^^;

I was wondering about having choreographed battles in the cosplay contest. I know that brandishing weapons at someone, even when completely consented to, is not allowed in the hotel in general, but I was wondering if the same was true for skits. All of the weapons would of course be peace bonded, and they may end up just being something like foam bats depending on the skit. : P So just wondering what the regulations were for the contest itself. Thanks!
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice
Simon - Minor Acts of Heroism
?? Essence - Red Hood & the Outlaws
?? Cassandra Cain Batgirl - Batman

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
Re: Weapons policy for skits question
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2008, 09:12:49 pm »
"If you were on stage doing a skit in the cosplay contest then you could brandish weapons and play fight during your skit."

I know Tom said this in the other weopons policy thread,

But, for our skit, we would have up to 6 people on stage mock fighting...and I was wondering if that would be too much? Because, basically for what we're planning..our skit is totally pre-choreographed fighting..with a bit of dialogue XP
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!
"Wanna be a Freedom Fighter?"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 12:08:22 pm »
The props can be brandished during the skits but the "live steel" rules still apply.
So basically if you could carry the prop in the hall then you could use it in your skit.

Of course, the amount of brandishing may be an issue... we're not talking about any gigantic p[rops like Guilty Gear weapons or anything right? Just some normalish sword props?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 01:53:03 pm »
Um..3 keyblades, Charkrams, a book and possibly a sitar..but we wont be swinging the sitar. Its just in the background..
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 03:12:38 pm »
Um..3 keyblades, Charkrams, a book and possibly a sitar..but we wont be swinging the sitar. Its just in the background..

Yeah, you'll be fined. Practice to make sure you don't hit each other and don't jump too high while you're on stage.
Also, no back flips.  ;)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 06:11:20 pm »
Sweet, thanks for the info! ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice

Offline Hashi

• Bunnygirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #6 on: April 01, 2008, 05:05:45 pm »
Oh! asking for goatchild, what about projectile weapons? ..we have a nerf gun in our skit XP
Kumoricon:
Jet [atla]
Jet [MAoH]
Man-delaide [HINABN]
Mephisto [AnE]

カヲルはあなたの罪のために死んだ!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2008, 07:46:38 am »
Well as long as it isn't going to cause Security to rush the stage thinking it's a REAL gun I doubt it will be a problem. You just have to clean up all the nerf darts when you're done.

Make sure to double check that one with the cosplay staff when you turn in your forms.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2008, 03:41:23 pm »
Actually, going by our policies, ANY projectile weapons are not allowed, be they nerf or not. Whether the cosplay contest is more lax on what weapons are allowed to be used on stage or not is a question for the cosplay contest head and the yojimbo head or even going straight to the ops director.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline goatchild

• Bunnygirl
    • The Potato Smashers
« Reply #9 on: April 02, 2008, 07:26:00 pm »
Okee, thankies! And the gun is very obviously a nerf gun, bright yellow and everything. XD I know it's not allowed in the convention space in general, so if I ever have it with me at the con, it won't have any ammo, if that's okay. I have no intention of using it outside of the skit or the park. ^^ It's not essential to the skit, but it would be fun to have. Once we get our skit more together we'll probably ask the cosplay contest head/yojimbo/ops director if one of them doesn't find this post first. Thanks for the info, though! ^^
ECCC/Sakuracon 2012
Impulse - Young Justice