Author Topic: Penny Arcade for Next Year?  (Read 2558 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Penny Arcade for Next Year?
« on: July 29, 2007, 12:47:46 pm »
I'm sure it's too late now, but perhaps next year Penny Arcade could come by for the con. I met them at Sakuracon, and the entire crew was very energetic and fun. I mentioned Kumoricon, and Gabe said that they'd love to go, but I'm not sure whether or not he was just entertaining me. Only one way to find out, I say!

Even just taking having Penny Arcade into consideration for next year would be awesome. Thanks very much!
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Re: Penny Arcade for Next Year?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 01:18:02 pm »
It would probably be a stretch, mainly because they have PAX (Penny Arcade Expo) the weekend before Kumoricon every year...though I still think it would be cool to have them here because they are cool guys.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 10:47:23 pm »
It would be really cool to have them there as guests. Especially if we could promise them a nice relaxing weekend or like, chauffer them down from Seattle or something.

Something to really let them just relax after running their own convention. I think that we'd need to pander a little bit to get them but I don't know if it'd be worth it. Most of the fans hard core enough to come to Kumoricon JUST cuz Tycho and Gabe are there probably spent all their cash on PAX.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 09:33:15 am »
It would be really cool to have them there as guests. Especially if we could promise them a nice relaxing weekend or like, chauffer them down from Seattle or something.

Something to really let them just relax after running their own convention. I think that we'd need to pander a little bit to get them but I don't know if it'd be worth it. Most of the fans hard core enough to come to Kumoricon JUST cuz Tycho and Gabe are there probably spent all their cash on PAX.
i think there are plenty of kumoricon fans who would go to pax but are saving there money for k-con
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 10:12:58 am »
Even their being interested is awesome by itself. I think we had always assumed we would never be able to get them because their own major event, PAX, is a week before us.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline laurifer

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 11:59:10 am »
Yeah too bad that's a strech...I'd totally see them at PAX but I can't really afford it since there's other things I need to save up for.

Now if we can get Fred Gallagher (from Megatokyo) to come, that would be awesome! I know we have his friend Hawk as a guest of honor so yeah

Sig by me~~~

Cosplay for '08:
Probably none D:

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 02:12:47 pm »
A funny thing. One of our relations staff whom I trust says he got to talk to Gabe and Tycho at Sakuracon too and they told him there was no way they could do our convention.

So... did you really talk to Gabe?
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 10:11:12 pm »
I think it was Gabe. He signed my comic book and drew a pic of Gabe in it at least. Like I said, he could have been humoring me. And, by the sounds of it, probably was ;)

I'm not a staffer, either. I just mentioned it.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2007, 07:04:36 am »
That would be awesome... perhaps sometime it might work out. Ya know who would also be awesome to have come out? Matt and Ian from Machall.