Author Topic: Zombies!!!  (Read 4255 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Zombies!!!
« on: June 13, 2007, 08:12:06 pm »
How is everyone doing with the zombies that have arisen and started destroying civilization?

The West Side is just starting to feel the hurt, the fires in the vista ridge tunnel spread across the West hills and kept the worst of Portland's outbreak away from us. It seems to have started around the airport, probably an infected in a cargo bay or something.

Anyway, since most of you live in the parts of town that have it worst off let me know who's OK?

As for me, I've got a 3rd floor apartment and open air stairs. We've unbolted the steps on the bottom floor so my roommates and I have free reign of 6 apartments already. We've climbed across the roof to the other side of the building and hopefully we'll be able to dismantle those stairs before we get overwhelmed and have to pull back.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
Zombies!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 08:52:16 pm »
I've got a third story apartment as well, but man.....this morning it got so bad, I had to actually blow up the stairs leading up here. I had a barricade set up at first, made out of chicken wire (because who lives in the suburbs and has barbed wire, I mean really?), and that, nailed to some planks of wood did me next to nothing when faced with those slavering hoardes of the unclean. They knocked it down, and then I knocked them all down, right down the stairs (after risking my right elbow). I then blew up the stairs with a crazy mixture of orange juice and c4. It worked nicely enough.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
Zombies!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 09:00:24 pm »
Oh...my...I don't want to die! I've boarded up the windows the best that I can, but I'm haunted by endless paranoia! I can hear the awful moans outside...Oh...OH NO!!! The neighbors are still outside! RUN! RUN INSIDE! Shoot those zombies if you can't make it!! Haven't you seen Shaun of the Dead!? AHHHHHH!!!! Awww, no, not Mr. Baker! He was cool! Damn you zombies!!!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Zombies!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 09:38:33 pm »
Quote from: "totemo_oishii"
Oh...my...I don't want to die! I've boarded up the windows the best that I can, but I'm haunted by endless paranoia! I can hear the awful moans outside...Oh...OH NO!!! The neighbors are still outside! RUN! RUN INSIDE! Shoot those zombies if you can't make it!! Haven't you seen Shaun of the Dead!? AHHHHHH!!!! Awww, no, not Mr. Baker! He was cool! Damn you zombies!!!

Thank god you're still OK!
I was worried since you're in one of the worst parts of town and there's bound to be some zombies that've seen youre "delicious" screen name and are trying to find out how true it is.

Stay safe!

After we cut off the stairs we've been taking it easy here. The worst part for us is the stink from all the fires in the area. It's horrible.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Zombies!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2007, 10:22:23 pm »
Remove the head, or destroy the brain.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Zombies!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2007, 10:23:45 pm »
we dismantled the stairs, and as the next door neightbors didnt make it i grabed all the supplies i could and have filled every container with water in case it turns off  and are watching the back porch as it looks like they might beable to clime up
this is where the boiling oil comes in looks like no tempura tonight!
we've made make shift club to bash in the skulls of any zombies that try to clime up  and we have big heavy stuff to drop on them
 i set up some pots (lack of bbq) with coals to set them on fire after the oil as a last resort.

chris: I dissassembled the dining room table and took off the legs to use as clubs if necessary. Barricaded the door with bookshelves and blocked the bedroom windows, just in case with other bookshelves and the table. We're sleeping in shifts in case some of the undead horde try to climb up onto the balcony. My sword isn't very sharp, but it'll easily handle zombie fingers. Creepy seeing them go by in the parking lot though, just shuffling around...
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Zombies!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2007, 10:49:11 pm »
(I have no idea what's going on, or if I'm missing something... but what the hey!)

I managed to sneak into some sewer systems. Theyre mainly uninhabited, creating very little threat of zombies down here. The few Ive ran across have been easy enough to avoid or destroy. It also gives me nearly free transportation around the area, without needing to worry about the hordes. The downside is, i have trouble keeping my food down, and people avoid me as much as the zombies T_T
'My complete disbelief in this reality is the one thing keeping me from going insane' - old motto

'My old motto has failed me! Reality intrudes! Prepare for insanity!' -new motto

Offline The Night Bringer

• Sailor Scout
Zombies!!!
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2007, 11:30:50 pm »
I am a mutant brain zombie and I have infiltrated your group. I now know all your secrets and brain feasting will ensue shortly. Muhahahaha. :twisted:

Offline melchizedek

• Bunnygirl
    • Don't play with fire
Zombies!!!
« Reply #8 on: June 13, 2007, 11:55:42 pm »
I live in a second story condo in cedar mill.  I'm doing ok, but ran out of food so I had to goto work (they have security set up there)  The roads were toast though so I had to break out the motorcycle to get there.
Yaoi crossplay... is actually Yuri.

Offline {Die}Destroyer

• Sailor Scout
Zombies!!!
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 08:22:25 am »
i live on about 10 aces but i have gatherd up all the guns and ammo with a few sowrds i had laying around and me and my mom and brother made it down to vancover and took control of the G.I. Joes the infection is getting really bad now i see people running down the street getting chased by them the only thing we can do right now is find a way to get into that safeway across the street. its been about 4 days now and we are starting to get a little hungery. we have blocked off the entries with metal and boards nothing is going to get through that.

Offline Evaldas

• Chibi
    • Dancing Heron
Zombies!!!
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 09:05:55 am »
Boy, I thought something was wrong. I heard a lot of moaning last night, but I thought that was my neighbors. I think zombies has problems with rivers a very fast moving train!

I heard such god awful noise last night it work me up! Something must have been on the tracks. The train blared once or twice and then heard this thumping sound and train seemed to speed up. This occurred several times.

I am truly fortunate for nothing having to quell off the many hordes of the undead. Though I can't blame them, I wouldn't step foot into the Tualatin river either.

Offline Greyman

• Cabbit
Zombies!!!
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 12:28:41 pm »
(over a surviver broadcast radio)

Guys! I just got some great news! While wandering around in these human forsaken stinking sewer systems, I ran into an abandoned drug smuggling casche. So illegal narcotics, and WEAAAPONS. I say abandoned, but it's just MOSTLY abandoned. There were a couple of zombies, and this is where the great news comes in.

From the looks of it, they were stoned out of their minds when they got infected. All they can do now is lay on their face and gurgle. I've watched em for a couple of days now, and then decided to experiment. I've grabbed handfuls of the powdered drugs and just threw them into zombie face! I blow out their legs so they cant chase me, and then I just watch. After about ten hours the drugs apparently mess with their mental functions to the point where theyre effectivley incapasitated, and it doesn't wear off! The rotten brain of the zombies must just get decimated when the drugs do their thing.

I've rigged up a pressure sprayer and i'm going to start blowing the drugs into the air in the milwaukie/happyvalley area. Hopefully it'll do a widerspread incapasitation. Maybe we can crop dust cities!
'My complete disbelief in this reality is the one thing keeping me from going insane' - old motto

'My old motto has failed me! Reality intrudes! Prepare for insanity!' -new motto

Offline manekineko

• Sailor Scout
    • My Deviant
Zombies!!!
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 10:37:23 pm »
Ugh. I'm on the third floor in Portland so I haven't had any problems. But, we're beginning to worry that we're in one of the mass infection areas and may be nuked. We have plenty of food and neccessities.

We have no mode of transportation. The max is a bloodbath and most have stopped running.

I'm safe for now but if they bomb then it's all over...
Absolute '07 Cosplay
Rukia School Uniform - Bleach
Android 18 - DBZ
Kairi - KH2
I think, haha...