Author Topic: First Time Cosplaying -- Desperately Need Help  (Read 1574 times)

Offline kyuubi_naru

• Oni
First Time Cosplaying -- Desperately Need Help
« on: May 27, 2007, 09:18:34 pm »
So, this technically won't be my first year cosplaying, but my most recent attempt at it was terrible and humiliating...  :oops:

Anyways, I've got a few questions so I can actually look like the character. Forgive me if I sound dumb...

First, what is the best way to make leg-warmers? Knitting/crocheting? Or cutting the feet off of and sewing up the ends of a long pair of socks?

Second, which is more comfortable on a hot day, tights or leggings?

Third, what's a good temporary hair dye? I'd wear a wig, but my hair is way to thick for that...

... tis all, tis all.
Lisz : You're Neji? That means you raped Naruto.
Laura : Awesome.

Offline Rose

• Oni
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2007, 06:47:37 am »
I would knit leg warmers, because knit has more stretch to it than crochet. http://www.knitty.com has several leg warmer patterns.

On a hot day, you're gonna be hot in tights or leggings, just choose the one you prefer.

Crayola washable markers.... but you'll sweat it off onto your costume, your skin and everything. And not much is going to work well if your hair is darker than platinum blonde. If you wear a wig cap you shouldn't have any problems getting all of your hair under a wig.

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2007, 10:04:57 am »
Umm for the hair dye you can use some semi permanate hair dye like Manic Panic or Punky Color. If you don't use any bleach and don't have a UBER light color of hair it usually washes out in like 2-3 weeks. That's how fast it usually comes out of my hair but I guess it also depends on how well your hair holds color.
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music