Author Topic: Admission price cut for panelists?  (Read 2895 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Admission price cut for panelists?
« on: May 22, 2007, 12:43:25 am »
So, uh... I hear rumor that there's a admission price cut for panelists. :D Any truth to this, and if so, how do I go about getting it? I already turned in my submission form for it.

Thanks for your help!
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 09:24:46 am »
As a panelists last year I was told there was a discount then a week before the con I was told there is no discount but panelists can be fast tracked through the reg line on opening day.  So both were untrue I found out.

Neither of these things made much of a difference to me other then waiting 4 hours to get things resolved on sat morning when I had a truck to unload and my friends there to help me set up are really pissed at me.  It would have been better all the way around if I had not been told of either perk for panelist

A decision should be made on both these issues and announced and posted as early as possible and stuck with.  Adding more benefits that don’t really cost the con a lot the more panelist we may get to the point that we can pick and choose the panels that will attract the most new attendees.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2007, 11:33:52 pm »
I hope mine's interesting enough, then. I can always switch it to another theme if need be. :/ I'm a Japanese Art History major so I can always talk about something there. Like haniwa! I love haniwa.

Or I can continue with shunga. That's much more awkward, but still just as cool, I guess.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"