Author Topic: Extra info required of Early Pre-regs  (Read 7068 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Extra info required of Early Pre-regs
« on: January 14, 2007, 12:45:51 pm »
Some of you may have received an email asking for more information for your registration.

This IS a legit request, and will delay your badge mailing if not replied to.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause. We are still smoothing out the transition from Pick up to Mail out. Fortunately, the Acteva form is now working properly, so new registrants can rest easy.  

If you have any questions about the mailing, I'd be very happy to answer any questions here.

Meg
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2007, 05:35:37 pm »
There's a part for the badge maker that we custom order. It creates an image on the cards that prevents a person from being able to duplicate the card. Unfortunately, the part was made incorrectly, and we are currently working on getting a correct one. It *should* early next week. Once it's here, we won't have to worry about any more delays for any future orders. I'll make a post the day they are sent out, so you'll know to expect it in a few days. It will be on the front page.

That being said, the only badges that will be sent out are those with complete information. If you want me to check on your card, I'm very happy to do so, and let you know if any information is missing.

registration@kumoricon.org
chair@kumoricon.org

I really appreciate everyone's patience. The cards are well worth the wait.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2007, 06:53:39 pm »
Thank you very much for informing us. ^___^

Offline Kayoe

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Invasion: The Comic
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2007, 06:58:47 pm »
Yeah I'm glad they are getting mailed out this year, but I'll have to be sure to find a safe place for it.
(I'm prone to losing things... :oops: )

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 12:46:15 am »
Just curious, but staff who are registered and paid, will we be getting our badges in the mail as well? Only reason I ask is because I'm not on the preregged list and I paid at the November meeting.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 09:32:37 am »
Staff get custom badges, with an image, so long as people are careful about size limits. As long as you are on the staff list, you'll be getting a badge at a general meeting. (Probably February.)

On another note, the staff area will contain the staff list. We're working out the bugs in the display. Jeff can give more info.

To anyone who want to make sure they don't lose their badge - I suggest putting it with your ID. You'll need that to get in anyway, and aren't too likely to lose it.

Thank you so much for being supportive. :) I'm really stressed about how long it's taking to get the badges out. But I know they will be beautiful, and solve a lot of issues with registration. I can't wait to see them in action!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2007, 09:53:38 am »
Will there be a lanyard or a clip with the badge? For cosplay reasons I'd rather wear a clip than a landyard, and at kcon 05 they came with them, but they had run out of clips before I got mine, will there be that issue this year?

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 11:43:32 am »
Neko:

There's been a bit of discussion about this, and last I heard we're planning on having just lanyards.  They're easier for us to recognize where your badge is if it's hanging around your neck, and the lanyards themselves will most likely be the proof that you've scanned your badge into the system.  

And that would mean, yes, we'd have enough for everyone.
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 08:38:20 am »
That's still accurate as far as I know. We will have plastic badge holders for those who'd like to carry their ID and Badge on their lanyard, but badge holders won't be required. Lanyards might.

I'm willing to listen if a lanyard would be an issue. Though I don't know how much I can do. They'll be really neat Kumoricon logo lanyards, and once you have one, we'll know you checked in at the door. The idea is to make it very obvious that you are checked in so the Yojimbo won't bother you.  We want to ensure that the attendees are allowed to roam around freely and without unneccessary interuption from staff.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 09:35:03 am »
Okay. If they're going to be that cool I guess I can live with it. ;)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 11:45:03 am »
Custom images for STAFF?!

Brilliant.

Actually, colorcoding wouldn't be a bad idea either. I know the images will be small but I'm imagining a border, or a stripe on one side, os a specific color so volunteers and other staffers instantly know who to bother.

Purple for Programming, Green for Relations...
Red for Ops.

mmm..... Staffers should know each other well enough to figure these things out but people get frazzled and forget things when they're running around. At least I do. heh
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 04:11:39 pm »
I'll take that into consideration. The staff badges are a vertical format to make us more obvious to the attendees.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 05:46:08 pm »
Quote from: "EcchiSpice"
I'll take that into consideration. The staff badges are a vertical format to make us more obvious to the attendees.

Yours of course, would have sparkles.  8)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline maetel

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.livejournal.com/users/maetel9/
« Reply #13 on: April 13, 2007, 10:41:53 am »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
Will there be a lanyard or a clip with the badge? For cosplay reasons I'd rather wear a clip than a landyard, and at kcon 05 they came with them, but they had run out of clips before I got mine, will there be that issue this year?

i agree on the clips part. it's nice that they had them at Sakuracon. for pics i like to be able to take the darn thing off so it doesn't look weird.
if we brought our own clips, would it be a problem if we used them? :3

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2007, 09:59:51 pm »
i ad that problem i just cut the rope off mine and cliped it on
on a happy note!!!!!
i found my con badge
i had ..missplaced it the day afteri got it, it was in my math book the whole time
isn't that silly?
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2007, 11:19:21 am »
Quote from: "EcchiSpice"
Staff get custom badges, with an image, so long as people are careful about size limits. As long as you are on the staff list, you'll be getting a badge at a general meeting. (Probably February.)

So, does that mean they're not going to be mailed to us?  I still haven't gotten anything in the mail, & I had so much crap to deal with that I was unable to come to the Feb. or March meetings.   (As far as I know, May is fine for me).
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2007, 11:12:55 am »
I'm sure we can mail out staff badges on request, but we generally planned to hand them out at meetings.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2007, 10:24:32 pm »
Oh, okay, super!

I actually don't remember filling out the info for the badge, such as nickname or image, (but I tend to forget stuff sometimes).  Would someone please verify for me if one has been made for me, & what the info says & image is?

Arigato!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 08:08:59 am »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"

I actually don't remember filling out the info for the badge, such as nickname or image, (but I tend to forget stuff sometimes).  Would someone please verify for me if one has been made for me, & what the info says & image is?
Arigato!

Ditto for me...   :D

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #19 on: April 25, 2007, 02:19:58 pm »
Staff badges have not been made yet.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #20 on: April 25, 2007, 02:34:19 pm »
Still waiting for the gold leaf eh? Well it'll be workth it once it gets here.

Shiny shiny badges...
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #21 on: April 25, 2007, 02:36:05 pm »
Shucks, I thought they were being coated with platinum and diamonds. "only" gold plating? Guess we aren't "worth" it... sigh. :wink:

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #22 on: April 25, 2007, 02:41:29 pm »
Quote from: "Runa"
Shucks, I thought they were being coated with platinum and diamonds. "only" gold plating? Guess we aren't "worth" it... sigh. :wink:

The gold leaf will be rubbed on after the badges are printed. The precious metals kept jamming up the badge printer. All of our diamonds were traded for the PS3, except the one we're going to put on Miyazaki's badge if his agent ever returns our calls.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2007, 08:50:02 am »
Quote from: "guspasho"
Staff badges have not been made yet.

So, can we send new info and a new image?  If so, to whom?

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2007, 10:14:39 am »
I don't know. Probably to valliegirl, who is the Registration Manager.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2007, 10:15:25 am »
valliegirl, eh?  Okay, I'll give it a shot.

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #26 on: May 07, 2007, 11:23:06 am »
Ok, yeah, just to officially weigh in, the official design for the staff badges isn't quite complete yet.  Once we have it down, I will be contacting staff regarding customizations.  And the info that we use will be the info you gave Kumoricon for the staff list, unless otherwise specified.  

And yeah, any registration issues or questions, feel free to either PM me or email me at my personal email valliegirl@gmail.com

:)
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013