Author Topic: Before K-Con Forum Meet Up!!!  (Read 8628 times)

u2205

Before K-Con Forum Meet Up!!!
« on: April 22, 2007, 05:27:40 pm »
So people have talked about it, but here it is!!!

I would like to here what everone's ideas are your when we should get together.

I'm tentatively planning on a Uber Geek Wonder Squad meeting at OMSI on the 16... so thats where were at...

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2007, 05:33:01 pm »
ideas:

- picnic/potluck at a park. :) i love potlucks, lots of different foods... not sure about the location though...

OMSI sounds fun. :3
the zoo would be fun too. XD

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #2 on: April 22, 2007, 05:37:34 pm »
Ooh, the zoo would be LOADS fun xD

I was -in my pwnsome lurkyness- planning a bowling meetup, or SOME sort of meetup, but I'm always too unorganized, not to mention frikin young, to do it ^-^''

I'm good with any meetup~ I'll jump at any chance to meet fellow anime fans aand have a little fun while doing so ;)

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2007, 05:56:04 pm »
If it is a sunday and not too far from Vancouver I could probably go wherever it ends up being ^^

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2007, 06:13:35 pm »
I'll come for sure!  If I have any of my con cosplay ready in time, I'll get to give it a test run!

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2007, 07:12:51 pm »
Quote from: "totemo_oishii"
ideas:

- picnic/potluck at a park. :) i love potlucks, lots of different foods... not sure about the location though...

OMSI sounds fun. :3
the zoo would be fun too. XD

Mt. Tabor park is nice and centrally located.

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2007, 07:25:40 pm »
Oh!  I have a request...  Pick someplace easy to find!  The directions I got to Uwajimaya were perfect from Tacoma to Beaverton, but then they ended like three turns too early, so I was lost for a while...

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
« Reply #7 on: April 22, 2007, 07:41:23 pm »
^ lol

and I suggest maybe planning a few meetups, because that way people who can't come to one of them can try to make it to the others ^.^

and I was just thinking about the zoo today x____________x we should go
Someday...I'll get around to you.

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: April 22, 2007, 07:53:42 pm »
But it's springtime at the zoo! :shock:  :shock:  :shock:

Was that the 16th of May?

Portland parks may need reservations, if we picnic. Someone should verify this, just in case. I would, but just not tonight. This isn't my surfing night.

Tabor is not a bad choice, it has picnicking and a nice view, is accessible from either freeway, 5 or 205. But I don't know if that is the best one. Reed College would be cool, there's a totally wicked giant swing set that's adult sized, unless it's gone now. And there's the Rhodendron test gardens across the street, feed the ducks, and look at the flowers.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: April 22, 2007, 08:55:09 pm »
The zoo sounds like a great idea. A bunch of cosplayers and anime freaks looking at animals on exhibit, while we ourselves would be a sort of exhibit to other attendees. Good stuff, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2007, 09:07:37 pm »
Quote from: "Lit_of_Fey"
^ lol

and I suggest maybe planning a few meetups, because that way people who can't come to one of them can try to make it to the others ^.^

and I was just thinking about the zoo today x____________x we should go

Yes! Yes! more is better.  And since the happy hour meetup was such a success last time, and since some people I talked to on saturday said they were interested, I propose we do another.  It can be an adult counterpart to Pocky Club - Sake Club!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2007, 09:22:06 pm »
Hmmm, sounds a little too exclusive, maybe??? Is there some way we could all do something together, then the adults go play, and the non-adults go play, or something?

Wait, I have it! Trivia! We can go to these bars that do that, and allow families in until such and such a time, after the trivia contest is over. I know of one on Thursday nights near Reed College, at some Irish named pub. Friday's down here in Eugene at the Eugene City Brewery. I know there are others around town. We can really show off our Uber Geekiness, and whatnot, eh?

I am good at this stuff, can almost score the highest, that is until they talk about prime time TV, and music after 1990. I haven't watched prime time TV since I joined the navy, and haven't paid much attention to pop music, ever. So... just a thought.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: April 22, 2007, 10:14:19 pm »
zoo like the zoo? witth animals and lions and tigers?....
i've never been to the zoo before
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2007, 11:06:50 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
zoo like the zoo? witth animals and lions and tigers?....
i've never been to the zoo before

They have tigers, yes, no lions though.

Washington Park wouldn't be a bad idea, as it's more or less downtown (just a little MAX ride away!) and in the middle between Beaverton and the east side (unless you're coming from Gresham, then you're screwed either way because you live in Gresham). You've got waterfront park right downtown..Mt Tabor park is the one a bit south of Fremont near 60th ave, right? Never been there but I've wanted to for a while, would be a good excuse to go.

Hmm..now to think of more places..
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2007, 12:06:24 am »
Mount Tabor would be super convenient for me, because I live, like, on it. xD
But the zoo would be nice, or some kind of park or easily reachable place for us bus-riders.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2007, 02:40:00 am »
I'd love to hang out with some of my fellow congoers sometime. Unfortunately, I don't drive (yet) and I live in Battle Ground, WA.. it's close to Vancouver, but yeah.. seems like no one around here watches anime. :(

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2007, 10:48:59 am »
no offense but Battle Ground seems a bit odd, it is like it's own world o.o  but you are close to Vancouver so come over here and have fun ^^

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #17 on: April 23, 2007, 11:51:23 am »
Quote from: "jaybug"
Hmmm, sounds a little too exclusive, maybe??? Is there some way we could all do something together, then the adults go play, and the non-adults go play, or something?

Don't worry, Jay, I'm not suggesting Sake Club as something in lieu of the more kid-oriented stuff, just something on the side for us downtown office workers to do after work.  I was thinking something fairly informal, and potentially a recurring event, where people just pop in for a drink and talk about what they've been watching lately, and so forth.

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #18 on: April 23, 2007, 02:07:29 pm »
Quote from: "Mr_Mustash"
So the soonest date seems to be May 19th. We could do something then, but I was thinking in more like June...

And I think we could do multiple things, like meet at Washington Park for lunch, and then ride the train over to the Zoo or something...

That sounds like a good plan, I'm totally down for public transit/mass commute. Aaaand I never do anything, so I'm available for any month. I'd be sure to make time, anyway.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #19 on: April 23, 2007, 02:33:25 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
no offense but Battle Ground seems a bit odd, it is like it's own world o.o  but you are close to Vancouver so come over here and have fun ^^

Haha, it is a bit odd. I've also been told I have a "Battle Ground accent", whatever that means. I'd love to hang out with some people, but since I don't drive, I'd have to rely on others for rides. ^_^;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline ~boogiepop~

• Bunnygirl
    • Glorious Me
« Reply #20 on: April 23, 2007, 03:06:16 pm »
Give a date ahead if that happens because I'd like to join up for a meet up :3 but I live all the way in Redmond so I'd have to plan ahead D:
WHY DO THE FORUMS SUCK SO BAD?

~2012 cosplay mofos~
Ramona Flowers- Scott Pilgrim, Miria Harvent- Baccano!, Filia- Skullgirls, Milk- Pop'n Music

Offline kyonichi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #21 on: April 23, 2007, 04:23:39 pm »
Redmond?  Yay, someone from even farther than me!  Seriously, I really wanna go to whatever's decided, so come up with dates as early as possible so I can clear the space on my calendar.

Offline Shamelessbishi

• Oni
« Reply #22 on: April 26, 2007, 05:26:48 pm »
Bento Lunch... Bento Lunch...

Ikimashou Ikimashou...

I wouldn't mind some extra Logistics if its in June.   Age groups, local laws...  I feel like making happy desserts for everyone old enough to enjoy them.  And you can never go wrong with Onigiri.   Dietary Habits, the works.

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: April 26, 2007, 08:07:21 pm »
Quote from: "Mr_Mustash"
So the soonest date seems to be May 19th. We could do something then, but I was thinking in more like June...

I am going out May 19th to celebrate my 22nd birthday which is May 13th (mother's day) so if you do it that day I probably can't come ;-; Sundays are better make it a Sunday!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: April 26, 2007, 08:18:09 pm »
I was thinking we should think up some games to play for the meet-up. Something like a treasure hunt, or a quest, and some other Spam games we've been playing.

We could do something with a whole zoo to run around in. Haven't been there in a couple of years, but we could think up some way to go to various places and have something to show we were there.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline totemo_oishii

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #25 on: April 26, 2007, 08:24:51 pm »
The zoo sounds really fun. ♥♥
I'd be up for it. Late May or June would be good for me.
I'll dress up in my generic schoolgirl outfit, lol.