Author Topic: Fun Challenge!  (Read 1982 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Fun Challenge!
« on: April 19, 2007, 03:09:11 pm »
Hey kids!
A box of Strawberry Pocky for the first person to finds me an online copy of the Kumoricon bylaws!
Staff are included,
Executive staff even.
Webpage maintenance staff even!

I've been trying to find them since December so I figure its time to pay somebody else to find them.

Edit: Could this be them? http://www.kumoricon.com/?page_id=44  
I'll await confirmation before I close the contest. They're listed as Policies instead of bylaws but they're the closest I've found so far.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
Fun Challenge!
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2007, 04:45:03 pm »
Nope, those are the Convention Policies. Check your email in five minutes, I'm sending you the effective Bylaws. By effective I mean the version that was passed in November and as such currently governs Altonimbus.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Fun Challenge!
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2007, 04:46:46 pm »
Heh heh, thanks.
I'll get home in a little more than an hour and check then. I can't get to gmail at my work desk
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Fun Challenge!
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2007, 04:54:06 pm »
Let me explain the difference between the Policies bylaws and Charter first, so I can be sure of what you're asking for. (I've also included their stage of completion for your reference.)

General Policies (those posted to the site currently) are rules to follow for the Attendees of Kumoricon. These include items such as weapon's policy, hotel guidelines, badge policy, etc. COMPLETED

Staff Policies are the rules each staffer agrees to upon joining Kumoricon Staff. These were presented to you when you signed up as staff. I'd be happy to post these for general consumption as well. COMPLETED

By Laws are a legal document, which establishes Alto Nimbus and Kumoricon as a legal entity with the bank. They define the interaction between AN and Kumoricon, and have no bearing on the actual event, except to define the elections process and composition of the AN board. CURRENT ON FILE, UPDATING IN PROGRESS

The Staff Charter is like the bill of rights for Staff. It defines the rights, priveledges, and responsibilities of staff, and repercussions for not performing your duties as defined by your position description. STARTED, NOT NEAR COMPLETION

Position Descriptions are the outline of what your job actually entails. TRICKLING IN... NEAR COMPLETION

Org charts show how your position relates to other positions within the staff.  IN FINAL DRAFT

Most of these have never been clearly defined before now. It's been a major task for myself and the execs to get these documents out to the general public. We focused on the Staff Policies first, so we could sign people up. Attendee policies next, as these protect us and our attendees during the convention. Org charts and PDs are coming in, and we do apologize for the delay. The GREAT thing about these is that we are creating a lasting standard for staff. (Hence the delay...) Next year, we will just hire staff into predefined positions. (With tweaking). Really, this is the case with everything we are doing. We won't have to touch most of these docs for anything more than touch up after this year.

It's been a big time sink (MUCH more so than Sakura-con lol) and I'm sorry that this has taken us away from the staff and forums.

btw - Staff will be able to comment before the final By Laws and Charter
are put in place.

So - Did you get what you wanted, Tom? :D
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Fun Challenge!
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2007, 05:04:52 pm »
Well, I'll know if this was what I'm looking for once I check my email.  :lol:

Thanks for the clarification. I'm looking forward to having the information once its available because I like to know as much as possible (hence my constant note taking). Last weekend there was an instance of someone assuring me that my questions was answered in the bylaws, and the bylaws were on the site. That's why I put it in the General Discussion instead of a staff section. I just couldn't find what I was looking for.

I'll be sure to check in after I read all my email.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!