Author Topic: Panel confirmation?  (Read 6719 times)

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
Panel confirmation?
« on: July 16, 2007, 11:16:33 pm »
How do we know that our panels were accepted? I was told that because of several entries, I guess, that the staff might have to nix a few of them. Just want to make sure that a future two hour drive to the UO campus library won't be for naught ._.;;

Even if I'm not accepted, I still can't wait for the con. I'll be sure to at least go to a few panels. Even if some of them are a bit... dangerous. ;) I'm 21. I can handle it.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Re: Panel confirmation?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2007, 01:46:38 pm »
Recent intel shows that the schedule's first draft got sick and stayed home this last meeting. Bythe end of this week it should be up and ready to answer questions. Even if it's not ready to meet the public, it's dear friends and coworkers in programming should be able to coax an answer out of it for you.  ;)
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2007, 02:18:48 pm »
Is it known yet if those of us who submitted panel forms will be personally informed or if we will just have to check the schedule?

Also, will we be informed if we will be recieving the equipment we requested or will we have to find that out at the con?
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2007, 05:05:58 pm »
Panelists should be informed of when their panel is soon.
Technology should have a short list of informartion soon as well, but it is not likely to include very many panelists.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 01:56:24 pm »
Unless there was a big rush of panels at the end I was told they were short on panels.  I turned mine in last month but doh I was suposed to turn in an official name for it and blurb for the con book sunday.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 02:04:18 pm »
You bring up a very good point vondan, the blurbs are actually needed as soon as possible by the Publicity department for them to finish the convention book.

I suggest that anyone concerned about their panel post here with their blurbs and any other information about their panels (such as schedule requests, technology requests, and room requests) so that the staff involved in deciding these things can see them. that way we don't have to barrage the people holding your forms with a million emails about equipment and scheduling.

This information shouldn't be too sensitive after all. You want people to know about your panels yes?  :D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 03:11:22 pm »
Yes!!! *raises hand!* I want to know!

Pssst..... that means you should post the blurb you want listed in the convention book for your panel! >_>   <_<
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 03:27:36 pm »
This is all present on the form for the Random Panel, but I'll put it here anyhow.

Random Panel (form submitting by Kenneth H.)

Technology Request: Audio set up including Speakers and at least 2 microphones (4, if possible, would be ideal); An InFocus or other computer-compatable projector.

Room Requested: Panel Room 1 (Theatre Room is circled on the form)

I can be reached at otakuinstrumentality[at]gmail[dot]com or 10khend9[at]gmail[dot]com, also by PM on these forums works as well.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 03:36:41 pm »
Hey AzuKyo, I've already been asking about getting that room assigned a projector and screen so we'll just have to see about that sound gear.  :D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 11:18:30 pm »
How do we know that our panels were accepted?
you find a holy deva king statue and give it an offering and beg it to grant your wish
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #10 on: July 25, 2007, 03:30:36 pm »
Any further intel regarding the release of the schedule?

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 25, 2007, 03:54:34 pm »
I have heard that there is a programming retreat this weekend where the schedule will be finalized, so I guess it should be done by Monday.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline lychee-twist

• Bunnygirl
    • My deviantART
« Reply #12 on: July 27, 2007, 11:54:16 am »
Here's a pitch for my panel:

Ukiyo-e Uncensored!

Examining the history and trends of 17th and 18th century Japanese shunga woodblock prints! Including art from masters like Hokusai (the guy who did the big wave view of the Views of Mt. Fuji). Not your mother's woodblock prints!

Things needed
Shunga is not for the younguns and will need a 18+ age limit so if we could have one or two people at the door to check ID that would be great. I'll also need a digital projector I can hook up to my laptop. I don't have powerpoint so I'll just be using the Slideshow option on my computer. Depending on the room needed, I don't think I need a microphone, but I should probably have one just in case.

Question: Some of the slides I have are pretty much hardcore stuff. Should I censor some of the imagery out? I'm taking this on as much of an art historical level as I can manage with a side of humor. I'm an Art History major at UO if that helps. I just don't want the con or myself to get in trouble on the matter.
Kumoricon '12: Effie Trinket from "The Hunger Games"

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2007, 08:30:11 am »
lychee, I think that panel would have to be after hours if it's accepted. I don't think there'd be a problem though.

Right now things are a little crazy so if anybody else who filled out the form would describe their panels to us it would be appreciated. I have a general idea of the random panel and the Host Club event but how do you want it to be officially presented to the public?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2007, 12:05:09 pm »
Right now things are a little crazy so if anybody else who filled out the form would describe their panels to us it would be appreciated. I have a general idea of the random panel and the Host Club event but how do you want it to be officially presented to the public?

The random panel's form was submitted a month or so ago and I'm 100% certain that Brenda has two copies of it. Everything should be on it. If the form can't be located, I'll be happy to send it again.

Edit//for Publicity

At last year's Kumoricon, 4 strangers converged on an empty room and an abandoned mic system. As their numbers grew, their antics improved from simple witty banter between themselves to complex games of Rock, Paper, Scissors between Samurai, the Pope, Ninja, Catgirls and a Pirate; an expansive game of Bigger-or-Better and even wittier banter (and much, much more). This unplanned event carried on for 5 and ½ hours, 5 and ½ hours of fun, excitement, laughter, tears, and “buttons". For Kumoricon '07, these strangers will once again converge for more of the same fun and this time it'll be official.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 01:00:11 pm by AzuKyo »