Author Topic: Tips/help on how to make a costume please?  (Read 2202 times)

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
Tips/help on how to make a costume please?
« on: May 24, 2007, 04:25:09 pm »
Hi, I'm planning to make a costume (of course), but it's not your usual flashy clothes kind. It's more the big plush and huggable animal kind. I can't really reveal what I'm planning to be, I want it to be a suprize when I get there, but basically it would be nice if I could have some kind of advice on how to make it.
You know those costumes you see sometimes around easter, of the easter bunny? You know, with the big heads and the eyes or mouth made from something so the person inside can see? And of course the body part too, making the person look sort of plush? I'm going for that kind of costume. Does anyone know how to do that? Or if not, can they direct me to a tutorial or something to help me?

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2007, 09:46:59 am »
http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=549678

There you go! A pretty informative forum chat about making fluffy, animal suits. ^_^ Hope it helps!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2007, 08:49:25 pm »
Regretably, due to the silly terrorist laws that recently came out, you may NOT wear a full face mask at the convention (at least in the halls). The requirement by the local authorities is that an official (policeman or similar)  has to be able to see your full face. This of course ruined my Katamari costume as i had to remove the "face' part of the mask so  that my face was totally visible. It sucks, but them's the rules. So if you are planning on a full critter outfit, be certain that your mask can be altered so that people can see your whole face. In general, this means that while you're walking in the halls you should be certain that your face is visible. While you are inside the actual event rooms, you can have your face covered. got it?

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 10:46:12 pm »
Another issue the hotel had with mask was visibility for the wearer, any one who did have a full face mask had to have some one with them as a guide to hold there hand.  But the only one I remember in a full face mask was Gir and a Black kitty  

Von "Ha ha ha my Face covering item is in the works" Dan
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2007, 12:24:50 am »
Quote from: "Runa"
Regretably, due to the silly terrorist laws that recently came out, you may NOT wear a full face mask at the convention (at least in the halls). The requirement by the local authorities is that an official (policeman or similar)  has to be able to see your full face. This of course ruined my Katamari costume as i had to remove the "face' part of the mask so  that my face was totally visible. It sucks, but them's the rules. So if you are planning on a full critter outfit, be certain that your mask can be altered so that people can see your whole face. In general, this means that while you're walking in the halls you should be certain that your face is visible. While you are inside the actual event rooms, you can have your face covered. got it?

....rude
Gladimus ^_^..... My sister went as a giant Luna. The rule was you have to be able to see someones face, so she made her eyes removable So for pics she would velcro (sp?) them on from the inside her face mask, but when walking in the halls she took them off so she still had the head on but had her face shown cause the holes were big enough for her face to be seen.  8)

See:

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline gladimus

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 10:51:08 pm »
Hmmm, this sounds tough. If I use something that can easily be seen through, could I still use it? I absolutely have to have the head on for this costume, or I'll just be some weird person running around in pink pajamas. O-O;;
The velcro idea sounds good, Maybe I could use that. The eyes for my costume would be pretty large, so I guess there's not going to be a huge problem with it. ^^;;;
Thanks everyone. I don't know what I would have done if I hadn't come here first, I probably would have went without knowing the mask rule o_o()