Author Topic: Kumoricon needs your manga!  (Read 2936 times)

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
Kumoricon needs your manga!
« on: March 17, 2007, 03:01:14 pm »
This year we are trying to bring something new to Kumoricon - a manga library, where you can come in and take a look at some new manga, or read an old favorite.

In an effort to build the library from scratch, we are looking for donations of old manga. So... if you have some books you tried, but couldn't get into, or some books you just don't read anymore, and they are in fairly good shape, how about donating them to the convention? It would make us Very Happy. We are starting from nothing, so anything you can give us helps bring the library to life.

Donations can be brought to any general meeting. If you are interested in donating, but can't make it to the general meeting, PM or e-mail jamiche or I, and we can work something out.

Thanks!
Brenda
Kumoricon Programming Director 2006, 2007
Cosplay Manager 2006
Kumoricon RPG Coordinator '03 - '05

Long live the D12!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Kumoricon needs your manga!
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2007, 03:07:17 pm »
I found a copy of Usagi Yojimbo with a rat chewed corner will that do.   I was all ready telling peter that in the last year I had been seeing a lot of Manga at Goodwill and SVDP for about $1 each.  So lets keep our eyes open and look in the book section when we are hunting for cosplay items

Edit:

On the way back from lunch I checked the selection is pretty random about what series and which volumes.  Today I found Yugioh vol one for $1.   Most of the time I don't pick them up because it is not a series I want to get into, not all the volumes are there and I hate to not read vol one first.  I'll try and get them all so some one might be interested or help fill in some ones series.

Von "So embarsed i was seen buying Yugioh" Dan
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com