Author Topic: Yaoi Paddles  (Read 6458 times)

Offline Ninja_wolf_girl

• Oni
Yaoi Paddles
« on: March 10, 2007, 01:30:07 am »
Does anyone know where I can buy a yaoi paddle?? I seriously want one!!!! T.T please help?
Sexy~no~jutsu Chouji KuCon '07!!!

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2007, 02:40:48 am »
I think you'd have to go through the guy who sold them directly, as I'm pretty sure he's not allowed to sell them at the con any more.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2007, 08:53:34 am »
and you wont beable to carry it around at all its like the swords take it to your room
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Ninja_wolf_girl

• Oni
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2007, 01:05:52 pm »
Quote from: "BlackjackGabbiani"
I think you'd have to go through the guy who sold them directly, as I'm pretty sure he's not allowed to sell them at the con any more.
Darn.. That's going to suck.. I really wanted one, even if I couldn't use it at the con.

Offline Ninja_wolf_girl

• Oni
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2007, 01:06:39 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
and you wont beable to carry it around at all its like the swords take it to your room
I'd still just want one, I think they're just plain awsome... And I want to whip some of my guy friends here.

Offline karmentorium

• Cabbit
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2007, 04:09:40 am »
Go to www.etoyer.com. They have 'em.
Y HALO THAR MY NAME IS SECRET-KEEPING ZOMBIE NINJA DJ STALKER-IN-TRAINING. PWNT.

KumoriCon '07: Deidara (Naruto)-30%

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2007, 09:32:45 am »
Quote from: "Ninja_wolf_girl"
Darn.. That's going to suck.. I really wanted one, even if I couldn't use it at the con.

You could just make one.  When you think about it, there's nothing unique about it.  Just take some wood (no pun intended, you sickos) & shape it down to a paddle, then paint the word "Yaoi" on it.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline kurosakiichigo666

• Chibi
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2007, 10:13:38 am »
Don't forget to write Uke on one side and Seme on the other...My friend Amy has one like that. It's great.
Co-Founder and VP of Parasol Corp. Cosplay. And you just lost the game...

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #8 on: May 03, 2007, 01:27:28 pm »

yeah as i remember there were .... issues with those things.  but now i cant remember if it was at sakura or kumori.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #9 on: May 03, 2007, 01:43:43 pm »
I only saw one paddle a girl was carrying proudly over her shoulder like a rifle at march.   Most of th ones vendors sell are just painted on canoe ores the original one some one made that started it was painted on a blank frat paddle and those can be gotten for under $20.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #10 on: May 03, 2007, 04:40:14 pm »
That sucks I was planning to buy one at the con but they're not allowed? *mutters lame under breath* Ill have to look around online and ebay :D

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #11 on: May 03, 2007, 07:13:11 pm »
Quote from: "pinkrandomattack"

yeah as i remember there were .... issues with those things.  but now i cant remember if it was at sakura or kumori.

Do you have to ask?? The con that  like to think its national freackin security; Sakura con!

The issue was that people were complaining about being hit with em. That would be quite annoying..that and theyre just not funny anymore.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #12 on: May 04, 2007, 01:31:53 pm »
well as i recall there were alot of people getting hit without being asked if they WANTED to be hit with them first.  which is basically assault if you think about it.  im pretty sure one of the people who complained was my boyfriend.

same deal with the glomping. only glomping didnt get outlawed, you just have to ask if someone wants a hug first.
Commissioning again!

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #13 on: May 04, 2007, 03:29:59 pm »
Yeah.
They got rid of them because of people being hit without permission and such.

Rofl. The hugging thing though.
I remember running up to a random stranger, going "CAN I HUG YOU?" and when they're all "...uuuuh...k?" I did. xD; -brick'd- It was cool.
SakuraCon '08: Touma (Gravitation) & Zexion (KH:CoM)
KumoriCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM) & Tatsumi (Yami no Matsuei)
AkiCon '08: Zexion (KH:CoM)
SakuraCon '09: Miku (Vocaloid)

Offline ThiefKingsHier

• Catgirl
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #14 on: May 04, 2007, 03:45:06 pm »
Quote from: "Soubi"
Yeah.

I remember running up to a random stranger, going "CAN I HUG YOU?" and when they're all "...uuuuh...k?" I did. xD; -brick'd- It was cool.

The hug rule I like. This Sakuracon I walked there from the hopital after I had surgery.
The last thing I needed was people slamming into me..also I wasnt spossed to be around sick people.

So I had to ask people ift hey were sick before I hugged em..probly ended up offending a couple people with that. ^^;

Also its just plain scary being glomped by small fangirls.

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #15 on: May 04, 2007, 06:18:39 pm »
Quote from: "ThiefKingsHier"
Quote from: "Soubi"
Yeah.

The hug rule I like. This Sakuracon I walked there from the hopital after I had surgery.
The last thing I needed was people slamming into me..also I wasnt spossed to be around sick people.

So I had to ask people ift hey were sick before I hugged em..probly ended up offending a couple people with that. ^^;

Also its just plain scary being glomped by small fangirls.

Indeed. x3 No one was interested in hugging me unless I wanted to hug them...hmmmmmmm.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2007, 02:44:13 pm »
Quote from: "kurosakiichigo666"
Don't forget to write Uke on one side and Seme on the other...My friend Amy has one like that. It's great.

I was unaware of that.  I've never even seen one up close, just well enough to see "Yaoi" on it.  But, thank you for sharing that.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2007, 07:44:53 pm »
i feel kinda bad when i turn down the hug though.  like ive offended someone.  its not that i think said hug asker is particularly icky.  but i dont hug people i like...know. let alone strangers, im not a very touchy person, least of all when im wearing precarious clothing items and/or shoes. but yeah...no touchy.
Commissioning again!

Offline Soubi

• Sailor Scout
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2007, 07:47:56 pm »
i feel kinda bad when i turn down the hug though.  like ive offended someone.  its not that i think said hug asker is particularly icky.  but i dont hug people i like...know. let alone strangers, im not a very touchy person, least of all when im wearing precarious clothing items and/or shoes. but yeah...no touchy.

I have that issue, normally. I don't like being touched, ect. I'm abnormally sesative about it because of personal reasons.
But....IDK. I got to the convention, my very first one. And..ehe. I'd likely hug an elephant's tushy if it asked. Seriously.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #19 on: May 05, 2007, 07:50:21 pm »
yeah i think thats the case with alot of people. for some reason the con atmosphear brings alot of people out of thier shells.  and that apparently equals hugs.
Commissioning again!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #20 on: May 05, 2007, 08:09:18 pm »
yeah I think that’s the case with allot of people. For some reason the con atmosphere brings allot of people out of their shells.  And that apparently equals hugs.

Yeah apparently when you get lot of socially awkward people who have one thing in common together they go wild.  When your old enough go read up on what happened when they filmed the wizard of Oz and all the little people got together, for most of there lives they had been social outcast at home and had never meet another person like themselves.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline TsukikoAiko

• Chibi
    • The Guilty Brigade
Yaoi Paddles
« Reply #21 on: May 11, 2007, 12:13:27 pm »
I don't know how, but last year at Kumoricon before any of the rules were placed I managed to not get glomped once. I did however get mobbed by a mass of Tohru's when I was crossplaying asking if I was really a guy or not.

Morale of the story....I'm never crossplaying again....
Sakuracon 09- A.B.A or S-ko, Subaru, & Sophitia
Kumoricon 09- Guilty Gear, Who knows, & SECRET!!!

THE GUILTY BRIGADE COSPLAY GROUP!
http://www.myspace.com/guilty_brigade