Author Topic: FUNimation Channel  (Read 4196 times)

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
FUNimation Channel
« on: May 10, 2007, 07:10:42 am »
I wasn't sure whether to put this here or Anime News..since it's not really news, but if it goes there feel free to move it.

I just bought the FMA movie today and I was going through the little book that came with it and there was something about a funimation channel...so I went to the website and apparently it's not in our area yet..but I did their little "send a fax" thing and I think it would be cool if we could get Comcast to add this to their lineup. Anyways, if you're also interested in a channel that shows FUNimation anime, check out the website then go to the "Get it" tab and fill out their little deal. I had to use 97226 as my zip code since 97086 is lame and not registered with a lot of people still (even though it's been almost a year... <.<) so if you're also in 97086 just use a random one close to you :P

http://www.funimationchannel.com/
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 11:06:17 am »
Wow, I need to look for that. Thanks for the heads up! That has great potential as a network, since, even with digital cable, there is only AZN that one can get without an additional cost, and they only play anime seldomly. So, I would really look forward to having that channel. IT'd be sweet. ^_^

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline RoamingGnome

• Chibi
    • The Roaming Gnome
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 12:55:47 pm »
It would be nice.  Also if Comcast could hurry up and get Anime Network in Salem in would be nice too  :o

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 02:28:11 pm »
Just curious, does anybody get Anime Network as regular programming, or is it an ordered service?

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline GotHentai

• Oni
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 07:48:58 pm »
Just curious, does anybody get Anime Network as regular programming, or is it an ordered service?

I get it On Demand. is that ordered? It's free in my service pack.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2007, 11:22:38 pm »
some times on demand we have some anime shows we can watch,  i comes withsome pakages, but this is somthing differnt a whole channle of anime all the time
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 07:07:07 am »
Yeah, I see the Anime Network and Anime Selects sections on demand, but can't actually watch any of it, guess it isn't in my service pack. So, a Funimation channel would be sweet, because it's an entire channel, heh

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Killer_Tofu

• Sailor Scout
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2007, 06:30:33 pm »
there's an Anime Network?! 0.o DAMN YOU MILENIUM BRODCASTING!!
Have YOU heard the good news of Jenova?

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2007, 07:22:49 pm »
Whoa. Thanks for that!! :D

I'll probably fill out that thing when mom comes home... It looks so cool xDD

--

Also, I have Anime Network, etc on my on demand, also. Except it's not in my service pack ._.;; So I can't actually WATCH it.

Did they remove the anime convention stuff from On demand? I'm sure there were things on conventions there before...

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2007, 11:57:32 pm »
Yeah, there used to be Con footage, from Anime Expo and various others. It was in the Anime Selects category, but yeah, they haven't been up for about a year. It would be nice to see them back, cause it's nice to see other cons, when one isn't at a con themself. ^_^

I would recommend, on a similar note, the dvd Cosplay Encyclopedia, which can be found on Right Stuf. A great documentary about cosplay and cons in Japan.

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 02:22:13 pm »
We don't pay for TV... if it's not available on regular network TV, oh well...
For us, our anime source is BitTorrent, which provides us with plenty of very recent anime (always subtitled since it's done by fans...). Much better quality anime, very timely (both as in recent and as in we watch when we are ready to watch it rather than at the time the network says it'll be available), no pre-emption by sports events and best of all NO commercials... Oh, and it' free..   :D

Offline {Die}Destroyer

• Sailor Scout
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 07:57:14 am »
yes torrents :) there the greatest.

Offline dakrum

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/daks_mind
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2007, 08:05:38 pm »
woot for torrents bringing evolution to the anime scene. most likely that is lol. was after torrents when i join the scene lol. wich was about 2 - 2 1/2 yrs ago (sheesh been that long already?)
THE anime list
now known as dakiro

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
FUNimation Channel
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 12:00:06 pm »
Whoo I posted it for Vancouver, I want that channel!