Author Topic: Pocky Club 3  (Read 8605 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Pocky Club 3
« on: January 24, 2007, 07:00:49 am »
That's right! This is Pocky Club's 3rd year and I just wanted to announce that I'm planning meetings again. If anyone has any questions about us or would like to join just let me know!

I have two minutes before my shift starts... so I'll give the short explanation.

Pocky club is a group of people who love anime and the convention scene. We try to spread joy, peace, and happiness through cosplay and Pocky. During the convention and at certain other events we will be present to deliver Pockygrams (a box of pocky delivered by a cosplayer of choice) to your friends.

Before the convention we still have lots of fun getting together and geeking out about anime and eating Pocky!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2007, 09:39:11 am »
Pocky Club also has a website.

http://pockyclub.elite-otaku.net
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2007, 09:42:05 am »
And anyone can join pocky club~ If you don't want to glomp someone or if you don't have a costume then you can help managing or planning.

Pocky club is awesome. :D yaaay.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2007, 02:55:55 pm »
you all should join 'cuz pocky is good

you get to meet people, really nice people like... me i'm nice and if your shy we have people in all ranges of geekyness,
like neko shes knolagble in the lolita area
me i can cook and i can sew like a la driver,
and ask tom about pocky mmm pocky
and kendo chris (who i think is more licended as a 'friend of pocky club')
anywho he know about kendo and iaido
peace out
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2007, 03:12:49 pm »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
we have people in all ranges of geekyness

Fo' real, yo?

How about 'almost none at all' - as in pretty much indistinguishable from anybody else, except owns and likes to watch anime.  Because, um, that would basically be myself.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2007, 03:30:52 pm »
Are you trying to stand out as an individual PIE3 or do you want to join the Club?

I should've mentioned, anybody who wants to be on the Pocky Club mailing list should email us at
pockyclub at gmail.com
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2007, 04:09:48 pm »
we have normies too

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2007, 04:51:08 pm »
we have normies too

WE DO????  OMG WHERE?

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2007, 05:05:36 pm »
Quote from: "valliegirl"
we have normies too

WE DO????  OMG WHERE?

You see, this is kind of what I was getting at.  I find it rather alarming that so many of the posts here seem to dwell on the whole OMG I am teh neeeeerrrrrrddd. thing.  I've never understood why people would want to place themselves in a ghetto like that.  I suppose I would really like to find out if anybody else self identifies as an ordinary person.  So Tom, the answer is yes.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2007, 05:41:04 pm »
Quote from: "pieisexactlythree"
we have normies too

WE DO????  OMG WHERE?

You see, this is kind of what I was getting at.  I find it rather alarming that so many of the posts here seem to dwell on the whole OMG I am teh neeeeerrrrrrddd. thing.  I've never understood why people would want to place themselves in a ghetto like that.  I suppose I would really like to find out if anybody else self identifies as an ordinary person.  So Tom, the answer is yes.

I belive that was sarcasm that Vallie was using. :)

I find myself particularly normal. Infact, I was sitting with one of the football players today, doing my report in the library and he just said to me "Hey. I watched this really weird anime one time. Exel Saga? Dude, it was soo rockin'! Have you heard of it?." I think that alot of the anime fans don't come out as blazing otaku, I would have never of guessed he liked anime. I don't own any shirts with anime on them ('cept my kumoricon 2005 shirt...) and there's nothing that you can call out on me being really nerdy. I hang out with the Theatre kids, the "jocks" and "preps" and the "nerds". I think that a good majority (not saying everyone) people who consider themselves "otaku", expecially in highschool, feel that "omg no one gets me" "omg preps are so stupid" ect., when really we have alot more in common than they think , even comming down to the animation we watch.
 I think people don't put themselves into that huge group because of the negitive connotation it brings, or, thats the reason I do it. All through middle school it was "omg you guys like pokemon? Sailormoon? hahahahaha" etc. I think that in middle school alot of people are like "YEAH!!!!!1" but then in High school you start to loose that mentality and realize that everyone's been basicly calling you a nerd and a social reject the entire time. But people who love anime dearly and love the japanese culture don't really seem to care, or you know, don't let it get to them.
I don't consider myself a nerd. I love fashion and anime just happens to be one of the things I also enjoy. I think that people can enjoy anime without being a complete nerd.

uhhh. yeah.

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2007, 05:50:22 pm »
Ok, sorry. I don't actually want to start a flameout!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2007, 06:04:32 pm »
Ahh. D: I didn't mean to come off as rude~ I mean to say that ahh. D: I think that we act diffrently on-line than we do off. We tend to be more all "omglolwtfbbq" online than we do off right? And this being an anime convention forums, people are bound to act that way~ I'm sorry if that sounded rude at all.

Offline Antares

• Catgirl
    • http://bellethecat.com
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2007, 07:06:26 pm »
POCKY-GRAMS! thats a perfect description! Pocky club should take over the con world - it's such a great idea.

Will you have a list of the cosplay characters who will be Avalible to deliver pocky at this years con?

My Photos KCON08: http://s165.photobucket.com/albums/u66/wanderergone/Kcon08/

2008 Industry Manager :: 2007 Publicity and Relations Staff :: 2006 Publicity and Relations

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2007, 10:33:25 pm »
Quote from: "Antares"
POCKY-GRAMS! thats a perfect description! Pocky club should take over the con world - it's such a great idea.

Will you have a list of the cosplay characters who will be Avalible to deliver pocky at this years con?

Doubtful. Usually I actually recruit a couple of people to make deliveries at the convention itself. The first year I convinced a Vash and a Wolfwood to make three deliveries and I never saw or heard from them again! However, once I get some guaranteed costumes then I'll be sure to make them known. I'll try and pay attention to people's declared costumes on the forums.

We usually have a number of people that just "dress up" and don't actually cosplay specific characters *eyes the guilty*. The other problem is most of our characters are side characters or are from obscure anime and the requests are almost all for leading men, villains, and catgirls. You know how hard it is to find a Sesshomaru that'll deliver Pocky?
Also, to PIE3. I didn't ask a yes or no question. It was either/or. You can't hear someone's tone of voice in text so we can't all interpret each other.

We accept people that aren't psychotic about anime and cosplay. All you have to do to be in the club is help out and enjoy Pocky and anime. Members aren't technically required to cosplay even, it just helps.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2007, 06:30:08 am »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
we have normies too

WE DO????  OMG WHERE?

I belive that was sarcasm that Vallie was using. :)

Sorta sarcasm.  Most just being silly and joking around, cause that's what Vallies do best.

Seriously though, I come from an upbringing where being a geeky fangirl is not only normal, but encouraged.  My Mom and her sister were and are Trekkies and complete sci-fi fangirls, and my sister and I are both gamers who love anime.  I'm also highly into many other fandoms.

So, in me admitting proudly to others that, yeah I'm a geek, isn't putting me into a box.  It's announcing who and what I am and where I come from.  

Normal is decided by majority and, in my life, being a geek has always been normal.

^_^

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2007, 03:00:47 pm »
chris is pretty normal, and..uh yeah i cant say i am tho, understand that usaly the only thing that makes us un-normal in others eyes is the fact that we watch cartoons in japanese, as frequntly as possible...wow what freaks we must be for watching ..'kids' shows, burn us at that stake and keep us from the in croud cuz we have cooties...Anime cooties!!!!
and yes we are contagiouse once people see how good those 'cartoons' are

Offline Lit_of_Fey

• Chibi
    • http://yuri-lawliet.deviantart.com/
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #16 on: January 26, 2007, 05:52:07 pm »
Lol tiny pikachu's jump off of us. MUAHAHAHAA I HAVE ALREADY INFECTED MY LITTLE BROTHER!!! *really creepy laughter*

anyways yeah, my mom's afraid of catching it. I think she thinks it's kinda like SARS >_>;;

I wanna join Pocky club! :D but maybe next year, but I could definitely be enlisted into deliveries C: lol and I won't run off with the pocky either...

(probably)

FUhhh....headache :{
Someday...I'll get around to you.

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #17 on: January 26, 2007, 07:57:39 pm »
.wow what freaks we must be for watching ..'kids' shows

Ha!  Mostly, when I mention anime, people assume it's all tentacle pr0n!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #18 on: January 26, 2007, 07:59:49 pm »
YOU LIKE THEM SAILOR MOONS? AND DEM POKEYMANS?

Yeah... but don't we do that for everyone's hobbies? Like, someone likes wrestling, they like the Rock/Hulk Holgan, or they like Techno they like Sandstorm by Darude... broad generalzations.

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #19 on: January 26, 2007, 08:12:46 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
YOU LIKE THEM SAILOR MOONS? AND DEM POKEYMANS?

Yeah... but don't we do that for everyone's hobbies? Like, someone likes wrestling, they like the Rock/Hulk Holgan, or they like Techno they like Sandstorm by Darude... broad generalzations.

Pokeyman!? Pokeyman!? with the pokey and the man and the thing where the guy comes out of the thing?!?!?!?

Actually, I have a complete collection of PGSM.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #20 on: January 26, 2007, 08:22:39 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"

once I get some guaranteed costumes then I'll be sure to make them known. I'll try and pay attention to people's declared costumes on the forums.

We usually have a number of people that just "dress up" and don't actually cosplay specific characters *eyes the guilty*.

I'm working with tom on some items that can be used to turn any one who shows up into a pocky Club deliver person if they are not in Cosplay.  Some hats and Bags and I think just finding a couple outlandish Band Uniform jackets in a few sizes at goodwill could complete them.  A Postal Deliver theme one and a Old Style Cigerette /Candy Girl one.

PIE3 you could do deliveries as a Film Noir Candy Girl
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #21 on: January 26, 2007, 08:30:55 pm »
Quote from: "Vondan"

I better shave!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #22 on: January 26, 2007, 09:28:10 pm »

I better shave!

yeah because to really complete the outfit you need to wear tap pants or a foofy skirt with a ruffled petty coat
Field Marshall Von Dan

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #23 on: January 27, 2007, 12:05:49 pm »

I better shave!

yeah because to really complete the outfit you need to wear tap pants or a foofy skirt with a ruffled petty coat

*shaves chest and legs*

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #24 on: January 27, 2007, 01:46:25 pm »
....kae'!!!
hehe
YUS Neko I know exactly what you are talking about when it comes to school labeling! haha
I really do not mind getting labeled...I am considered a prep at shool to most...Yes I wear American Eagle, my cell phone is my life, I like big think rimmed sunglasses, I wear sandals, I like money and looking better than everyone, I get in people's faces about me looking and being better....but I like anime and video games and pocky...and all that good stuff...lolx
POCKYYY I cannot wait to go delivering again :3. lolx
duuuuuuuude..........okae' I am unsure
welcomu
I like goats.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2007, 08:42:00 am »
OK Vondan, stop scaring people.
Pocky club isn't agains crossplay and sometimes we promote it, but most of our clients don't want to get Pockygrams from crossplayers.

I like your ideas about the costumes but really. Settle down man. We could use some things to identify the clipboarders but the whole point of our delivery staff is that they're cosplaying anime characters. If we dress them up like Trixie from the Rocky Horror Show or a Speedy Delivery postman then they won't be able to keep up with demand.

The people that need to be dressed as "Pocky Club" people are the people who aren't making deliveries, which are the minority. The people verifying information for deliveries, getting donations, and working our Table. We appreciate all donations, just don't give people the wrong idea.

Lit of Fey, you can join Pocky Club right now if you'd like. It doesn't take much. Just try and come to a meeting  (we should have one in Eugene soon) and help us out at the convention. The only thing I try and get every member to do is promote the Club and be at the Panel during the convention.

We're always looking for more cosplayers!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2007, 09:57:10 am »
EDIT:

I have decided not to do the Lia cosplay. Paying near 1000 dollars for a gown is not going well in my head.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2007, 12:30:09 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
If we dress them up like Trixie from the Rocky Horror Show ... then they won't be able to keep up with demand.

so we dress up Pie3 as this trixie (and maybe add fairy wings and a glitery wand) and keep him in reserve in case you get a order for a deliver for Man Fay or the drunk guy from last year

edit

I just had the perfect idea for the Pocky Club’s entree in the cosplay contest.

Get 3 to 5 girls dressed as anime stewardesses and have them do a para para routine with giant foam Pocky in each hand.  You need strobe lights and police lights and the music track will be a hard pounding dance remix with sample voices of a stewardess doing the safety speech before the plan takes off.   And the last sound before the light go out will be a sample of Sam Jackson saying “there are snakes on the M***** ******* Plane “
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2007, 03:07:47 pm »

edit

I just had the perfect idea for the Pocky Club’s entree in the cosplay contest.

Get 3 to 5 girls dressed as anime stewardesses and have them do a para para routine with giant foam Pocky in each hand.  You need strobe lights and police lights and the music track will be a hard pounding dance remix with sample voices of a stewardess doing the safety speech before the plan takes off.   And the last sound before the light go out will be a sample of Sam Jackson saying “there are snakes on the M***** ******* Plane “

And then afterwards, when the judges ask us what we've titled our skit, we'll say "The Aristocrats".

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2007, 04:27:12 pm »

And then afterwards, when the judges ask us what we've titled our skit, we'll say "The Aristocrats".

Yeah sure I don't get it but go ahead.

and after that have a team with one girl as Go Go Yobara fighting 20 others as Crazy 88's with mask made from Pocky boxes and she has to fight them  with a Pocky Katana
Field Marshall Von Dan

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #30 on: January 29, 2007, 05:52:40 pm »

Wiki

Offline COMaestro

• Cabbit
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2007, 10:55:57 pm »

Superjaz is on meds right now, so I'm posting for her.

"My older brother once yelled at me because I wanted to watch the 'Aristocats' and said he didn't want to watch a movie about a bunch of snobs. Correction, didn't want to watch a ****ing ****ing movie about a bunch of ****ing snobs. I just wanted to watch the movie because I like Marie, because she is a lady, and I'm a Lady too! I really wish I was just joking, but no, this really happened. I was 22 or so. [whiny]It was just about kitties...I forget the subject for this forum right now...back to Chris-kun."

And now back to your regularly scheduled insanity. Whoo-hoo-hoo-heeeeeeeeee!!!
Superjaz's Kendo Husband

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2007, 07:29:43 am »

Wiki

Now that you mention it I have heard that joke and I remember the movie that came out a few years ago.  Although whenever they showed a bit about the movie the Aristocrats it was a part with Sarah Silverman and that just remained me of her bit part on star trek voyager and how she was wearing a really tight little yellow velour shirt that looked like something from the original star trek pilot if Capt Pike had visited the mirror universe.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2007, 02:43:39 pm »
@COM i was not whiney
grr anywho i like the part where marie says "ladys do not start things...but they can sure finish them.
but yeah lit join pocky club it really brings all kinds of people together who might not of met otherwisei met my boyfriend at a un-ofishal pocky club -baka zoku event and we've been together for a year,
it might be scary hanging out with people you havent met but its a risk that can pay off really big with the friends you make :)

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1065989/
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #34 on: March 09, 2007, 06:09:43 pm »
Q: how do I go about joining pocky club?[/size]

the unfortunate death of Sephiroth

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #35 on: March 09, 2007, 06:12:03 pm »
Quote from: "Writer"
Q: how do I go about joining pocky club?

It's as simple as sending me a PM, though we prefer if you email pockyclub@gmail.com.

We can go over how you can help the club and what costumes you'll be wearing at the convention. It's easy!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #36 on: March 09, 2007, 11:43:42 pm »
wo0p wo0p. Simple stuff
I like goats.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2007, 08:26:15 am »
yes you too out there can be a member!
yes you right there with the alf slippers eating salt n vinagar pringels at...8:30 in the morning...hey you know thats not a balenced breakfast!, if you join pocky club you get pancakes mmmmm pancakes and i put chocolate chips in mine....mmmmm

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Pocky Club 3
« Reply #38 on: March 11, 2007, 10:14:59 am »
yes you too out there can be a member!
yes you right there with the alf slippers eating salt n vinagar pringels at...8:30 in the morning...hey you know thats not a balenced breakfast!, if you join pocky club you get pancakes mmmmm pancakes and i put chocolate chips in mine....mmmmm

:shock:
*hurriedly checks the budget for pancake money*
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!