Author Topic: The Placement of the next Kumoricon.  (Read 12616 times)

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
The Placement of the next Kumoricon.
« on: January 18, 2007, 05:33:22 pm »
I like where they placed the next Kumoricon, right across the river from the old Kumoricon  
So exactly why did they do that?

Will you help these girls or exploit them for more atom? It's your choice.

Offline Penelo

• Cabbit
    • http://www.myspace.com/technocharm
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2007, 05:43:55 pm »
Oregon doesn't like nerds.

Apparently.
j/k.

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2007, 05:47:10 pm »
Quote from: "Penelo"
Oregon doesn't like nerds.

Apparently.
j/k.
Yeah they had to put Kumoricon on the border didn't they?

Offline Kayoe

• Sailor Scout
    • Anime Invasion: The Comic
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2007, 06:01:58 pm »
It's the best place that they could get, and they wanted it to be as close to Oregon as possible because it is our anime convention.
Now we share it!
Otaku aren't Bad at that right...
Right... :?

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2007, 06:45:25 pm »
Quote from: "Kayoe"
It's the best place that they could get, and they wanted it to be as close to Oregon as possible because it is our anime convention.
Now we share it!
Otaku aren't Bad at that right...
Right... :?
Yeah your right. I guess we can share. Lol J/K

Offline Fuyuko

• Catgirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2007, 10:10:27 pm »
Ha ha. Such a huge difference in distance, ne?

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2007, 08:06:56 am »
Wasn't everyone complaining about last years hotel as well?  I mean, con-goers and hotel customers/workers.
Personally, I don't mind.  It's close enough!
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2007, 08:53:13 am »
Best. Post. Ever.

That is a beautiful map. We really are close, and Vancouver is beautiful. Especially in that area. There's even a market outside that will be running during the con. :)
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2007, 09:46:45 am »
Quote from: "EcchiSpice"
Best. Post. Ever.

That is a beautiful map. We really are close, and Vancouver is beautiful. Especially in that area. There's even a market outside that will be running during the con. :)
Thank you. If you want a closer look just ask.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2007, 10:47:19 am »
I also appreciate this post.  Thank you, cartopmeteor.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2007, 12:02:45 pm »
Vancouver actually feels a little more like Eugene than Portland did. The only thing you have to worry about when going to Washington is the time zones. Make sure to reset your watch after you check in!

Seriously though, the real reason for the move was that we needed to get away from all those otaku on probation. If you've been in trouble with the man they won't let you leave the state, sometimes not even the county!

So it's not that Our awesome relations staff and liasons couldn't get our pick of hotels in Portland, it's that we'd be required to open our doors to the half dozen offenders on probation in Oregon that have been causing us so many worries the past couple years.

Now before you start worrying about Washington's ex-cons, Sakuracon has given us their red list so that we can cut them off before they even register. We've got an actual lawyer now and by the time we arrange next year's hotel he will have subpoena'd the police records of last years' attendees so we can update the blacklist accordingly.

so when the convention makes its triumphant return to Portland the only criminals there will be the ones who start breaking the law AT the convention!  :D
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2007, 02:46:25 pm »
Quote from: "TomtheFanboy"
Vancouver actually feels a little more like Eugene than Portland did. The only thing you have to worry about when going to Washington is the time zones. Make sure to reset your watch after you check in!

Seriously though, the real reason for the move was that we needed to get away from all those otaku on probation. If you've been in trouble with the man they won't let you leave the state, sometimes not even the county!

So it's not that Our awesome relations staff and liasons couldn't get our pick of hotels in Portland, it's that we'd be required to open our doors to the half dozen offenders on probation in Oregon that have been causing us so many worries the past couple years.

Now before you start worrying about Washington's ex-cons, Sakuracon has given us their red list so that we can cut them off before they even register. We've got an actual lawyer now and by the time we arrange next year's hotel he will have subpoena'd the police records of last years' attendees so we can update the blacklist accordingly.

so when the convention makes its triumphant return to Portland the only criminals there will be the ones who start breaking the law AT the convention!  :D
Thank you for giving me a "breif" explanation. Thanks

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2007, 02:47:34 pm »
Quote from: "Washougal_Otaku"
I also appreciate this post.  Thank you, cartopmeteor.
You're very welcome.

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2007, 03:51:00 pm »
Oh and also if your to lazy to get directions you can talk to me.(It's not necessary to give me your street address, just give me a certain place that you know.) Thank you.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 05:43:19 pm »
Hmm.... I was hoping a staffer would be on hand to refute me.

If I'm actually right about the whole ex-con joke, I'm kinda scared.
We'll see when we get there!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2007, 05:47:22 pm »
I've just learned to smile and nod at your jokes by now. *L*
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2007, 07:31:59 pm »
Lol thats great.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2007, 09:24:39 pm »
Vancouver actually feels a little more like Eugene than Portland did.

Hooray
Do they have hippies and tye-dye too?

Offline cupcake_abuser_zooshi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DA
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2007, 09:33:10 pm »
I guess I've never spent enough time in Vancouver to compare it to anything.
I'm glad the hotel is pretty close though. I was worried when I found out about that whole deal.

Speaking of Eugene, I lived there a few years ago, but I didn't live in the cool part with the hippies. I rarely saw them.  :(

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2007, 10:04:36 pm »
Yeah I like the placement of this years Kumoricon to, because I remember where the old one is, and so therefore it will be easy for me to get there. :D

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2007, 06:39:25 am »
I'm saddened by the placement... Oregon > Washington.

Luckily we don't get pinged with sales tax as long as you can prove that you're from Oregon... If you can't... Eh... Prepare to be taxed.

We moved PROBABLY because other conventions picked up the hotels we wanted to go to/couldn't afford to go to certain hotels/didn't want to go to certain hotels (Red Lion *cough cough* Red Lion *cough*) so Vancouver here we come.

Ironically, it might be EASIER to get to this hotel via Trimet than it was last year. One bus went to the Red Lion Hotel, I think more than that go to Vancouver and from there, you've got C-Tram or whatever it is up there.

...And if ANYONE believes that Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington are in different time zones... That'd make me sad.
"Raisin Bran Crunch: BUY ME SOME; MOM!!!"

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2007, 03:44:45 pm »
Quote from: "Eternal Yamcha"
I'm saddened by the placement... Oregon > Washington.

Luckily we don't get pinged with sales tax as long as you can prove that you're from Oregon... If you can't... Eh... Prepare to be taxed.

We moved PROBABLY because other conventions picked up the hotels we wanted to go to/couldn't afford to go to certain hotels/didn't want to go to certain hotels (Red Lion *cough cough* Red Lion *cough*) so Vancouver here we come.

Ironically, it might be EASIER to get to this hotel via Trimet than it was last year. One bus went to the Red Lion Hotel, I think more than that go to Vancouver and from there, you've got C-Tram or whatever it is up there.

...And if ANYONE believes that Portland, Oregon and Vancouver, Washington are in different time zones... That'd make me sad.
I like all of these different explanation.

Offline Lin

• Catgirl
« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2007, 09:42:28 pm »
I think that even though we be on the border we should be very thankful to the staff for getting us into such a cool looking hotel! I went checked it out when I had a doctors appointment over there! I can't wait to run around doing my crazy hero poses all over as Amelia! Plus now my buddies in WA who couldn't come last year can just be like "Yeah its just here in Washington!" and so will be able to come!
Secrety secrets!

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2007, 10:37:24 pm »
Quote from: "Lin"
I think that even though we be on the border we should be very thankful to the staff for getting us into such a cool looking hotel! I went checked it out when I had a doctors appointment over there! I can't wait to run around doing my crazy hero poses all over as Amelia! Plus now my buddies in WA who couldn't come last year can just be like "Yeah its just here in Washington!" and so will be able to come!
Yeah we should be thankful.

Offline Adell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2007, 02:23:20 am »
I'm glad it is still close to the river. I liked the scenery from last year, though the bugs were a bit annoying. Anyone else get snacked on at all? >_<

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2007, 02:54:36 pm »
Quote from: "Adell"
I'm glad it is still close to the river. I liked the scenery from last year, though the bugs were a bit annoying. Anyone else get snacked on at all? >_<
Yeah that was no fun.

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2007, 08:43:31 pm »
This is where kumoricon is going to be held at.

Hazza!

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2007, 08:46:41 pm »
This is last years K-con

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2007, 10:39:44 pm »

That only works at places that feel like filling out the paperwork to the state that they need to offer that service. Most places, I suspect, will not, so don't expect to be exempt from taxes just by showing your Oregon drivers' license. The Vancouver Auto Mall and Sparks' Furniture offer tax exemptions to Oregonians but I doubt that Starbucks or the Day & Nite convenience store are going to.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #29 on: January 23, 2007, 09:15:07 am »
Quote from: "guspasho"

That only works at places that feel like filling out the paperwork to the state that they need to offer that service. Most places, I suspect, will not, so don't expect to be exempt from taxes just by showing your Oregon drivers' license. The Vancouver Auto Mall and Sparks' Furniture offer tax exemptions to Oregonians but I doubt that Starbucks or the Day & Nite convenience store are going to.

EXACTLY!

Someone has been saying there's no tax on food. What exactly is the tax law?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2007, 10:46:47 am »
See, I've heard tell that more places than not will offer discounts to those who live in Oregon and shop in Washington.

Of course, my belief/statement can be battled by the simple fact that people who vacation in Oregon end up paying for our various taxes as well... Gas taxes, land taxes, cigarette taxes... Those are included in the price of various services/items in Oregon while, as far as I know, sales tax is added on.

Well... You could also throw the whole bottle/can deposit thing in my face since that's added on...

I'm just going by hearsay... It doesn't help I don't know much about other state laws/taxes outside of Oregon unless they're national.

And if that's the case, then Oregon >^2 Washington.

Offline Disco Pete

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2007, 09:42:45 pm »
Someone has been saying there's no tax on food. What exactly is the tax law?

http://dor.wa.gov/content/taxes/sales/
The Washington State Department of Revenue's Retail Sales Tax page.

http://dor.wa.gov/content/home/qa/tax_QA_RST.aspx
Retail Sales Tax Q&A

I was kinda surprised reading this.  I thought the sales tax exemption applied to all out-of-staters, but it looks like they've got a list (yes, Oregon's on it).  Also, bottled water isn't taxed.  Didn't know that (I don't drink bottled water- I can get it free from the sink).

Strangely enough, it looks like donuts are exempt, but only if you don't sell them with utensils.  It's nice to see that the guys in Olympia are having fun. :?

Having lived with this tax as long as I can remember, it just seems natural.  But I imagine that if I came from a place where it doesn't apply it'd seem like the state was trying to nickel-and-dime me to death.

At least they don't charge a toll on the interstate bridge anymore.

EDIT:
See, I've heard tell that more places than not will offer discounts to those who live in Oregon and shop in Washington.
That all depends on what they're selling.  They're only allowed to let you off the tax if it's something that you're expected to take back to Oregon.  If you buy a CD, it's assumed you'll be playing it in Oregon.  If you get a hotel room, then they know you'll be in Washington and tax you.

And even if you are buying something going home with you, the shopowner will only do it if he feels like screwing with the paperwork.  Here in the Kelso/Longview area most shops do it because they know if they do the folks from Rainer/Clatskanie would prefer to drive here than deal with a trip to Portland.  However, a store in Vancouver might not, since most of the people from Portland will probably shop in Portland anyway.  I wouldn't know about that, though.

I also wouldn't know whether any of the dealers at the con would be willing to deal with the paperwork.  It'd be nice if they did, but don't count on it.

(The above is based on the law as I understand it.  I may have misinterpreted it, however)
~Disco Pete~

Offline Neku

• Cabbit
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2007, 07:44:53 am »
I live in Vancouver, and from the stores i've been to, oregon peoples do get tax exempt, you just have to show ID, and that includes 24 hr conventent stores :P. and for those of you who didn't know, i believe the Hilton just got remodled with-in the last year and half...i think :)

Offline Eternal Yamcha

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2007, 08:09:18 am »
See, I'm likely to do what I can to avoid purchasing anything in Washington just because it's so iffy. Sadly, that may include purchasing anything at the convention... Unless the vendors at the convention don't have to add the tax in.

I may change my tune when I get a definitive answer regarding the issue... But sales tax is an annoying hassle in the eyes of someone who isn't regularly subjected to it. I can guarantee you that everyone I have met that's from a state that has sales tax and comes to Oregon that they let out a huge sigh of release.

I'm making a big deal out of this since, unless I win alot of money or get really... REALLY lucky... I'll be on a thin to razor thin budget for the convention and believe me, the tax might sway my budget enough to make things just that much more complicated. I really do hope that I am exempt from the tax in certain cases (I can deal with paying a tax on certain things such as the hotel room itself) but in common cases such as food, I may opt not to purchase as much as I would.

...That or I could be all ninja like and smuggle some food from Oregon to Washington. Of course, knowing my luck, I'd some how get caught and learn that it's suddenly illegal.

Edit: And yes, I've been reading those links and they're kinda weird... There's almost some contradictions and you have to be somewhat astute to catch them.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2007, 08:33:58 am »
Hasn't anybody been to Sakuracon? What do the vendors do there?
If they charge tx then that's what'll happen to us.

Have any of you Oregonians bothered whipping out your ID at Sakuracon?
What happened if you did?

I figure our vendors will be just like theirs.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #35 on: January 26, 2007, 09:59:49 am »
I'd be willing to bet that in a cash-only operation such as this, record keeping would be such a bitch that the vendors simply wouldn't want to put themselves through the hassle, particularly at Sakuracon, where Oregonians would probably make up no more than 25% tops of the attendees.  The only time I've ever used this provision of the tax code is on my frequent visits to the Sea Tac Ikea where it has saved me $20 or more per trip.

Offline Pie Row Maniac

• Catgirl
    • http://www.pierow.com/
« Reply #36 on: January 26, 2007, 12:17:55 pm »
Hasn't anybody been to Sakuracon? What do the vendors do there?
If they charge tx then that's what'll happen to us.

Normally they just include tax into the displayed price. I'm not sure if it'd complicate things if you brought out your Oregon ID to exempt yourself from it. I wouldn't know; I was too lazy to attempt any dispute and just bit the bullet.

Offline JeffT

• Administrator
    • Facebook
    • Google+
« Reply #37 on: January 26, 2007, 03:51:58 pm »
Quote from: "Disco Pete"
Strangely enough, it looks like donuts are exempt, but only if you don't sell them with utensils.  It's nice to see that the guys in Olympia are having fun. :?

When I used to live in California (don't know if it's still like this), at fast food places, you were taxed if you got the food "for here", but not if you got it "to go". I guess because if you are buying it "to go", then it's a "grocery store" and you shouldn't be taxed. But if you are buying it "for here", then it's a "restaurant" and you should be.
2023: Website Development Coordinator
2020-2022: Assistant Secretary, Website Development Coordinator
2011 - 2013, 2016-2019: Secretary
2007 - 2019: Website Manager
2015: Assistant Secretary
2014: Chair
2007 - 2009: Director of Publicity
2006: Copy Editor

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #38 on: January 26, 2007, 05:05:17 pm »
"I'd like 3 boxes of Pocky, to go please."

I really hope that the vendors just include the tax in the price tags. Then is somebody does flash ID you know what, they get to KEEP the change. It'd be a sort of tarriff for Oregonians! Ha ha!

Us Oregonians will pay the same prices but instead of supporting the infrastructure of our neighbor state, we'd be helping out our wonderful vendors just a bit more!

We could probably get a LOT more vendors with this policy too!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Cpl. Slicks

• Cabbit
« Reply #39 on: February 05, 2007, 09:23:56 pm »
but in common cases such as food, I may opt not to purchase as much as I would.

Here's the deal on food and sales tax in WA.

If it's un-prepared food (aka from a grocery store, or mini-mart) it's not taxed.

If it's prepared food (aka restaurant food, but also including anything purchased from a grocery/mini-mart deli, such as sandwiches, burritos, chicken wings, etc.) it is taxed.

Also, bottled beverages (including 20oz/1l Bottled water) is taxed.

Historically, I've never really paid attention to the sales tax at on, since it the onus for paying/reporting it is on the individual vendor. Each seems to have their own way of dealing with it. Some will include the tax in the price (setting a price, and making the "sale price" plus the tax add up to the price paid), and some, especially the local vendors, will do business as usual, and charge the tax on top of the sale price.

BTW... since my girl is from Salem, I got to see first hand the power of an Oregon ID at retail outlets in Washington. It just doesn't work in hotels and restaurants. ^_^d

Offline Dealrith

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #40 on: February 06, 2007, 03:34:45 am »
ok...I'm an Oregonian who goes up to washington every year to help a friend with a fair he does....from my experiences the vendor will charge tax as he feels.....generaly if they price their merchandise high enough the cost for them to get it then they will just eat the tax and give you the merchandise at sale price.....this is generaly easyer because it involves less calculating and allows for a faster sale which makes people happy......since the tax only makes up a small amount of the cost it doesn't really hurt them.....its only the micro vendors and the jerks who have pushed for it.....

just my two cents if it helps
2014 - 2018 - Quartermaster Staff Manager
2013 - Quartermaster
2012 - Quartermaster
2011 - Quartermaster
2010 - Vice Chair
2009 - Director of Operations
2008 - Yojimbo Floor Manager
2007 - Yojimbo

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #41 on: February 06, 2007, 11:42:36 am »
Thanks Slicks! I think that's just the data we were looking for!

So buy your fastfood in Jantzen beach and spend the tax money you're saving on gas instead!  :lol:
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline cartopmeteor

• Cabbit
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2007, 10:30:03 pm »
I'm glad that you guys have been conversing over this topic while I was gone. This topic brought many answers and many questions, so thank you all for asking those questions and answering them. This has helped me and probably many other people. So once more, Thank you.

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #43 on: February 13, 2007, 08:56:19 pm »
I'm most likely going to be in the artist alley this year, and I know I'll just add the tax to the display price, makes it easier for me and people buying too. I can't imagine vendors calculating it afterwards, especially with the chaos that is some of those tables....

I don't know If I'll exempt other oregonians, it'd seem kinda awkward to have two signs, one saying "Wash. price" and another saying "Oregonian price." Most of things would be so cheap that the sales tax wouldn't be too much anyway...

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #44 on: February 13, 2007, 09:45:29 pm »
I kinda think its not fair for Oregonions to be taxed at Kumoricon in Dealer Hall and such. Just because Kumoricon IS OREGONS convention, we just moved, and lots of people were againt the move in the first place. Plus comeone were anime fans, so were poor. A few cents can make the difference when buying anime merchandise and stuff.
Paying tax in wahshinton outside the con is a differnt story.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #45 on: February 14, 2007, 12:27:09 am »
Quote from: "kimiski"
I kinda think its not fair for Oregonions to be taxed at Kumoricon in Dealer Hall and such. Just because Kumoricon IS OREGONS convention, we just moved, and lots of people were againt the move in the first place. Plus comeone were anime fans, so were poor. A few cents can make the difference when buying anime merchandise and stuff.
Paying tax in wahshinton outside the con is a differnt story.

unfortunately, to be completely clear in the law, vendors are gonna have to pay the sales tax on the stuff they sell... It's just unlucky circumstances (the placement of the hotel in Washington) in this case and either the customer or the vendor is gonna have to get dinged a little extra...at least how i see it anyway...and who knows, a lot of vendors just might decide to take the decrease in profit....:/

Offline COMaestro

• Cabbit
« Reply #46 on: February 15, 2007, 06:47:29 pm »
I'm just kind of curious about Oregon vendors. If a Oregon business sets up a table at the con, would they have to worry about Washington's sales tax at all? All tax reports would show income coming from their place of business, Oregon. Kind of like how if you order something online, you typically only have to pay sales tax if you live in the same state as the business. Just backwards...

At any rate, vendors at the con will just have tax already factored in, or they'll ignore it. Going to vendor's rooms for gaming conventions in Los Angeles, everything was typically cover price, or whatever was on the price tag. So, I'm betting there will be no difference in prices due to tax. Just watch out for your fast food spending.   ^_^
Superjaz's Kendo Husband

Offline Misuteru

• Sailor Scout
    • DevART
« Reply #47 on: February 16, 2007, 09:49:52 pm »
Quote from: "COMaestro"
I'm just kind of curious about Oregon vendors. If a Oregon business sets up a table at the con, would they have to worry about Washington's sales tax at all? All tax reports would show income coming from their place of business, Oregon. Kind of like how if you order something online, you typically only have to pay sales tax if you live in the same state as the business. Just backwards...

At any rate, vendors at the con will just have tax already factored in, or they'll ignore it. Going to vendor's rooms for gaming conventions in Los Angeles, everything was typically cover price, or whatever was on the price tag. So, I'm betting there will be no difference in prices due to tax. Just watch out for your fast food spending.   ^_^

from what I read when looking it up Washington requites that if you are physically selling in their state, you have to collect sales tax... I'm actually just wondering if most people will follow that, since, being a once a year thing it'd be kinda hard to get caught...