Author Topic: Salem-Area Ride Sharing  (Read 10233 times)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« on: July 27, 2004, 04:21:40 pm »
I go to college in the Salem area (Willamette University, actually) and will be needing a ride to the con.  I'm hoping to catch one with some college buddies who are also avid congoers, but if they decide not to go/don't have room in the car, a backup would be good.

Anyone else interested in doing a sort of carpool thing?  We could all head over on Friday night or Saturday morning, chip in for gas money, maybe even bring snacks!

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2004, 07:37:02 pm »
I'm in Salem, as are most of my friends. If you need a ride just let us know. We are at Chemeketa right now. :) You should check out our club website www.EtherGuild.org (Chemeketa's computer gaming club) and maybe come to our next event and we could arrange the transportation then.  So yes, anyone else that wants to carpool from salem, let us know also, we plan on going as a large group. feel free to email me if you have any q's too :)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2004, 08:43:24 pm »
Awesome!  I go to Willamette, but I won't be down there until the Sunday before the con (the 29th?), since I spend my summers with the fambly in Washington state.  ^_^  I'll gladly take you guys up on that offer!  Can you swing by Willamette, and when exactly are you heading over?

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2004, 01:24:23 pm »
Sure, we could swing by there, or even meet somewhere nearby. There's definitely plenty of areas downtown to meet and maybe if we plan to meet at a coffee house or something others that need a ride can drop by too. We haven't solidified the details yet (some of my friends haven't even preregistered yet! Boy are they going to get lectured on Saturday...), but if there's a specific time you have to be there by let me know. I already preregistered and plan to go all three days, so it really won't be a problem at all to give a few people a lift there and back.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2004, 11:31:21 pm »
Awesome!  ^_^  Hmm...coffee houses...I'm not a big coffee drinker, so the only coffee house that springs to mind is the Salem Center Starbucks...or the other Starbucks near Great Harvest.  >.<

Shall we arrive in costume and frighten the local mundane types?  ;p

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 09:04:36 pm »
Lol, that would be pretty funny... of course, if we met at The Coffee House I think we'd actually fit in rather well (I'm sure you know the place). Or there's the Governor's Cup on Court Street (really nice relaxing place). If you can think of a better place to meet let me know. We should probably make sure that wherever we meet is open on Monday so we can meet there each day. Well, I gotta get back to studying for now (series calculus final tomorrow, ugh!).

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2004, 01:27:30 pm »
Well, how about we meet at the Coffee House Cafe (135 Liberty, way easy to find). They open at 7am on Sundays and 6am the rest of the week. It'll be someplace new for you from the sound of it. :) If you'd prefer somewhere else though, let me know. Also we should decide what time to meet, etc. I hate mornings, but for a con I can do it, especially with a good cup of coffee hehe.

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2004, 01:59:23 pm »
Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that I talked to a friend today that lives in Portland, and he told me that I'm welcomed to stay at his place for the weekend of the con (he's probably going to be gone for some magic tournament) and I'm welcomed to have friends with me as well. So, question is, if I give you a ride up would you want to stay (no charge of course) at his apartment with me for the weekend? It's like a 5-minute walk from the hotel, and I figure if we are enjoying any late-night activities the drive back might not be so fun. :( If that were the case, then we could drive up on Friday or Saturday (would be up to you and the other attendess going w/) and drive back on Monday night. Overall, I think that it'd make the whole experience more pleasurable and less stressful, but if you aren't comfortable w/it I'd understand. So far, I think there'll be like 3-4 people (including you and me) going in my car. It's nice this way I won't have to pay for parking either :). I figure staying there will save me about $50 between gas and parking for the weekend. Well, let me know soon. :)

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 08:29:48 pm »
Hi, I am also from Salem and going up, but my main question is if you know about any anime clubs at chemeketa??  There used to be a really good one, but then it just vanished away... 8O   Anyway, if anyone else wants to maybe carpool with me, I'l have room for 2 more and I plan on just going up and back each day unless something else develops...
The trick is not minding.

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2004, 03:52:02 pm »
The anime club at Chemeketa... hehe, yeah... It's called the Salem Area Anime Society. See, uhmm.. they kinda forgot to renew their club status or something like that, and as far as Student Life is aware they aren't a club anymore I guess. Thing is they still have regular meetings (at least last time I checked they still did), but I haven't been able to get a hold of David (the president) for some time now, even though he's a member of my club (the EtherGuild - Computer Gaming Club). If you're really interested, I'd suggest talking to their instructor advisor. I can't remember her name (maybe Student Life could give you more info), but she's a writing instructor and her office is in Building 9. If you really want his email pm me, but I can't guarantee it'll do you any good.

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2004, 12:15:25 pm »
Quote from: "Irnogs"
If you're really interested, I'd suggest talking to their instructor advisor. I can't remember her name (maybe Student Life could give you more info), but she's a writing instructor and her office is in Building 9.

I did find a name on the CCC website that showed a Kristen Katzin as the club advisor.  I did send her an email and I plan on calling her office once the school year gets rolling...  And I will shoot you a pm to get that email just in case...

Offline ddrose

• Oni
    • http://www.artandchaos.com
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2004, 12:05:01 pm »
Yay for Salem!  Wow, okay, so there actually are people in Salem that enjoy anime and gaming. ^.^ I guess I just haven't looked hard enough.

Anyway, I think I had a point...  oh yeah...
I still haven't decided whether or not to attend the con, because I have no one to go with if my brother decides not to come  :cry:  and I'm not sure I want to go alone.  Is it worth going alone... ie am I going to be all sad and lonely the whole time or are people really as friendly as they all seem...?

Also if anyone needs a ride I'm driving up each day of the con if I do go, so PM me or something...
"Save your tears, cause I'll come back...."

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2004, 02:15:34 am »
Well, I'm trying to get a room arranged with the other fanfiction coordinators, but a ride is still desperately needed!  So are you driving up on Friday then?  That would be best for me.  Maybe in the afternoon or evening.  (I get done with classes at 2:40pm.)  And heading back on Monday night would be just right.

Sweet!  When/where should we meet on Friday?

Quote from: "Irnogs"
Hey there! I just wanted to let you know that I talked to a friend today that lives in Portland, and he told me that I'm welcomed to stay at his place for the weekend of the con (he's probably going to be gone for some magic tournament) and I'm welcomed to have friends with me as well. So, question is, if I give you a ride up would you want to stay (no charge of course) at his apartment with me for the weekend? It's like a 5-minute walk from the hotel, and I figure if we are enjoying any late-night activities the drive back might not be so fun. :( If that were the case, then we could drive up on Friday or Saturday (would be up to you and the other attendess going w/) and drive back on Monday night. Overall, I think that it'd make the whole experience more pleasurable and less stressful, but if you aren't comfortable w/it I'd understand. So far, I think there'll be like 3-4 people (including you and me) going in my car. It's nice this way I won't have to pay for parking either :). I figure staying there will save me about $50 between gas and parking for the weekend. Well, let me know soon. :)

Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2004, 11:29:21 am »
Im in Salem too ^____^

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2004, 01:43:27 pm »
I plan on leaving Friday afternoon. I was thinking 2-3ish, so when do you think you could be ready by? Monday I plan on leaving probably an hour or so after everything is finished. There's a few people from the anime club that are possibly coming w/me too (finally got a hold of David), so it'll be a fun trip :). I still think meeting at the coffee house would be ideal since most people in salem know how to get there, and it's kind of central. I'll have room for 5 in my car, and so far I know 2 for sure, if you come I'd still have enough room for the people from the anime club, so it sounds good :).

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #15 on: August 30, 2004, 04:42:44 pm »
Sweet!  If I have all my stuff packed beforehand, I can grab my bag and start walkin' as soon as class is over at 2:40pm.  Where is the coffeehouse?  (Besides 135 Liberty, since I'm address-incompetent and that tells me nothing.  Nearby landmarks are better.  Is it near Salem Center?  The library?  India Palace?  What?  >.<)

Do you want me to pay you a percentage of gas money?

Offline rarnom

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #16 on: August 30, 2004, 06:20:17 pm »
Just a FYI to anyone else in Salem, I have two spots in my car for anyone who might need a ride.  I am going up Saturday Morning and then again Sunday afternoon after 2:00.  Anyway, if anyone needs a ride, pm me or post here and we can set something up...

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #17 on: August 30, 2004, 10:56:07 pm »
That sounds great, since I told David probably 3ish. The coffee house is near the salem center, just kind of up a few streets... err down technically. I'll see if I can take a screenie of Yahoo! maps or something for you and post it here. Remember though, if you can't find it ask anyone wandering around and they'll know where it is. Trust me, all of the kids around there go there whenever they can heh. Now let me grab that map...

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2004, 11:15:10 pm »
Here ya go. I added a few things in PS to make it easier for you. Hope this helps :)

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #19 on: September 01, 2004, 12:15:15 pm »
Quote from: "rarnom"
Just a FYI to anyone else in Salem, I have two spots in my car for anyone who might need a ride.  I am going up Saturday Morning and then again Sunday afternoon after 2:00.  Anyway, if anyone needs a ride, pm me or post here and we can set something up...

Hey, I just found out that there's 3 people from the anime club interested in going. I only have room for 2, would you be able to take the other one? If you can pm me or email David and tell him, I'd really appreciate it. :)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2004, 01:40:51 pm »
Awesome map.  ^_^  I call a spot with Irnogs!  Because now I'll be able to find the meeting place!  (I'm a little misdirected, but no Ryouga Hibiki or anything.  That map should do great!)

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2004, 02:15:42 pm »
Hehe, glad it helps :)

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #22 on: September 02, 2004, 08:32:32 am »
Hmm.. I'm having some problems w/the image hosting apparently. If you need that map again let me know and I can email it to you.

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #23 on: September 02, 2004, 09:46:09 am »
Would you, please?  ^_^

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #24 on: September 02, 2004, 11:46:38 am »
pm me your email and I'll send it to you :)

Offline Irnogs

• Chibi
Salem-Area Ride Sharing
« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2004, 07:13:56 am »
Well, the images are working so you should be able to get there okay. :) I've got a lot of last minute things to do so I doubt I'll check the boards again. I'll probably take off around 3:30, so make sure you're there by then. See you soon!!