Yes, I love DDR!
2 (50%)
Maybe.
2 (50%)
Nope.
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 4

Voting closed: October 02, 2006, 10:52:26 pm

Author Topic: DDR Tourney(s) at Kumoricon 2007 [Update - 10/09/06]  (Read 4537 times)

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
DDR Tourney(s) at Kumoricon 2007 [Update - 10/09/06]
« on: October 02, 2006, 10:52:26 pm »
I can help organise, supply hardware/software, and supervise the area (I spent 90% of my time at the DDR this year), basically anything to make it an overall better tournament/activity.

Also, I can pick up full versions of arcade mixes for StepMania, so it would be possible to have an xth mix tourney, which would give us some more complete song collection. (don't get me wrong, Ex2 CS is great, but tourneys shouldn't be run on homeversions)

But yeah, this is just a notice and request to the K-con public, serving two purposes:
1. letting everyone know that I'm interested in helping out in this particular area.
2. asking what everyone wants to do next year.

Oh yeah, here's my official DDR Arcade mixes StepMania:
DDR 1st Mix
DDR 2nd Mix
DDR 3rd Mix
DDR 4th Mix
DDR 5th Mix
DDR 6th Mix Max
DDR 7th Mix Max2
DDR 8th Mix Extreme

I'm still waiting on SuperNOVA.
I also have Sandstorm and a few others with official DDR stepcharts (with custom Oni charts) in my songlists.
Oh yeah, those are only the originals.
If you want me to get the originals for any other official mix, I can look.
I've got 45 gigs of free space, and each pack only takes up around 60megs, so basically whatever people want.

And one more suggestion:
Seperate divisions.
Have a Heavy/Challenge division, a Standard division, a Heavy Doubles division, and a Freestyle division. (and we can talk about judging the freestyle too, because freestyle is too awesome to just not have.)

DISCUSSION: People wanting to participate, supply hardware, etc; DISCUSS YOUR IDEAS AND WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE NEXT YEAR.
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>

Offline Nyco27

• Chibi
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2006, 01:39:06 am »
Who ever becomes the programming director I want to coordinate making a ddr machine for 2007 now that we have storage for it and possibly a para para machine (budget, time, and help willing).

Nyco
Kumoricon Programming Director 2006, 2007
Cosplay Manager 2006
Kumoricon RPG Coordinator '03 - '05

Long live the D12!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2006, 10:22:16 am »
the best way to help set up a ddr thingy is go to a meeting (oct 28) i was kicking around an idea for a ddr pannle for newbis but didnt have the time before the con last year
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline DancingTofu

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2006, 05:36:06 pm »
Quote from: "Nyco27"
Who ever becomes the programming director I want to coordinate making a ddr machine for 2007 now that we have storage for it and possibly a para para machine (budget, time, and help willing).

Nyco
That would probably be best, I might have a StepMania cabinet (with all DDR and ITG official songs and stepcharts) by next year, and if I do, I'd be willing to rent it out for the weekend for somewhere between free and obscenely cheap (I wouldn't charge more than $100, that's certain).

I plan on building one myself, which I should be able to do next summer, unless I manage to get a job. :P

Also, when's the next meeting?
moderators gonna moderate </shrug>