Author Topic: so I just watched ep 26 of ouran  (Read 5410 times)

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
so I just watched ep 26 of ouran
« on: October 02, 2006, 12:28:01 am »
like the title states, I just finished watching episode 26 of ouran highschool host club. It was such a good ending in my opinion :3

When I had first heard about the anime my initial reactions were pretty much summed up by a single word. "meh."

But during the con I had actually watched a couple episodes and wanted to watch a bit more. I watched a few here and there and finally got to watch the last one tonight ^_^

I think the way they ended the season was very very good. It was a very emotional ending which fit the series very well.(heck I was all crying cause it was sooo happy!!!) That and I wanted to see certain things happen in the end! X3

Overall I really liked this anime, like alot more then I thought I would a couple weeks ago.

I guess what I'm trying to get to is what do the other people whom have seen the end of it agree with the ending? if not then why? Also I 've heard relly good things about the manga and plan on purchasing it in the future. :3

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2006, 01:02:14 am »
I was kinda dissapointed in the ending, but that's just because I wanted Haruhi and Hikaru to get together, not Haruhi and Temaki.  :lol:

I love the part where they race off in a horse drawn carriage, outrace a car almost (wtf is with THAT upcoming MythBusters episode), and then Haruhi does the overly dramatic plunge into the water, and Temaki follows suit with the overly dramatic plunge to save her.

But, to be honest, Honey-sempai reminding Mori-sempai to go easy on the armored guards was hillarious.  There's that short little blonde dude... absolutly beating the crap out of everyone else.  So priceless.

*le sigh*

I'm kinda sad that the series is over now, but very glad to not have to wait for every single episode to be released.  That was truly beginning to drive me crazy.  :lol:
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline kalark

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2006, 01:06:22 am »
yeah, I was lucky enough to start getting into it around episode 22 or 23, so I just watched it all in a week then had to wait :P

and I know it was all totally over dramatic. But at the same time, it so fit the show XD

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2006, 09:45:40 am »
i have he manga up to 7 and have read up to 6 its starting to split from the anime as they just had te fair but with no french girl sent  grandmother, i'm wondering if the manga goes farther then the series showed
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2006, 10:50:52 am »
Ouran's not liscenced yet, right?  Not that that's stopped anyone before,  but it just makes it more of a pain to track it down and watch it.  

And speaking of endings, I just saw the end of R.O.D. TV.  They all but admitted (by use of Nenene as a proxy) that for lack of any better ideas, they went for the happy ending.  Even the antagonists got to have a happy ending.  Kind of sweet in a way.

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2006, 12:37:55 pm »
I found this over at the AnimeNation web site regarding the licensing of Ouran High School Host Club. I thought it was VERY interesting:

Ouran Host Club is the latest work from Studio Bones, a studio whose previous productions including Wolf's Rain, RahXephon, and Fullmetal Alchemist have been very successful in America. The precedent set by previous Bones titles may increase the asking price of current and future productions from the studio. In other words, it's possible that the licensing fees for the Ouran High School Host Club anime are higher than any American company wishes to pay. But even if there aren't excessive licensing fees associated with the show, American distributors may still hesitate. At the height of America's anime licensing frenzy, there were over 100 anime titles licensed for American release from January to September 2004. In 2005, during that same time period, the number of shows licensed dropped by 50%. Similarly, so far in 2006 the licensing announcements from America's anime industry have been about half the number of announcements made two years ago. America's anime industry is simply not licensing as much anime as it previously did. Decreasing sales for average catalog titles, and decreasing profits from all anime sales have left America's anime industry with less investment capital to spend on acquiring new titles. Currently only about one out of every ten new anime titles in Japan is being licensed for American release. Many new shows aren't being licensed for American release, not because there's a lack of interest, but because there's a lack of funds.

I do fully expect to see the Ouran High School Host Club television series eventually licensed for American release. The show is too good not to reach America; and it has too much commercial potential in America to go ignored indefinitely. However, a few years ago fans could have expected a show like this to be quickly licensed, or even acquired before its Japanese broadcast. Today, with America's anime industry earning less profit, new anime series are being licensed less quickly, and a greater number of shows are remaining unlicensed. There may be an increasing number of viewers watching anime in America, but American consumers are paying less for anime, and spending less on anime. As a result, American distribution companies have less money available to spend on licensing new shows. I'm not trying to imply that the decrease in new American anime licenses should be blamed on American anime fans and consumers. I mean only that support from American consumers is one of several influences that have a major impact on anime licensing.

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2006, 12:53:14 pm »
Wow, thanks Sinaj!

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2006, 01:25:20 pm »
My only comment to the American anime companies about the lack of funds: get some GOOD translators, and some GOOD dubbers, and you might find yourselves with a lot more funds.

I simply won't buy anime on DVD if I know for a fact that it has a horrible tranlsation, I rarely watch dubbs so I don't really care there.  But, when fansubbers are putting out better translations of anime in a speedier fashion than official translators are, maybe it is time for companies to step back and view the problem again.

I'm not going to point fingers, nearly ALL anime companies have had their good animes and their bad ones, but honestly, they have to keep in mind that the purchasers usually know what they're buying, and some of us know enough Japanese to know that "omae wo korosu" doesn't translate into "I don't like you", no matter how hard they insist otherwise.  :evil:

Sorry for the rant, it's been one of those days.  :oops:
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline spicylemon

• Sailor Scout
    • http://spicylemon.deviantart.com/
« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2006, 03:35:34 pm »
I loved the ending - it was so perfect for Ouran. They are all such drama queens (especially Tamaki), the ending just had to reflect that. I'm also a huge TamaHaru shipper~ XD so I wasn't bruised by the hand-holding, oh no.

The last three episodes made me love Kyouya so much that I wanted to explode, though. The conversation between his dad and Tamaki's dad was so priceless, and totally left everything up in the air, which I loved.

I'm really sad that the anime is over, because it really kept me going all summer, and revived my hope in original anime storylines with the last two eps. I see no end in sight for the manga yet, though, which makes me super happy~!! <3
LAWLIET!! XD

Suoh Tamaki - 2006
~~ yay for pinatas! WHOO!

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2006, 07:48:16 pm »
;-;

I thought I was going to cry...at first because it was ending, but then because I loved the ending.
People call it too cliche...Bah!  xD

The ending showed that Kyouya's dad is actually nice, but just is strict to protect them, or something.
Maybe I'm overthinking it.  x3
But maybe I'm not...=o

The dancing scene...<3
It was hilarious to see Kyouya swipe Haruhi out from under Tamaki's nose like that, then push her toward him.
That was so sweet.
Tamaki going crazy in the background was hilarious.

I just know that the fanfiction writers are going to have a frenzy over the ending.  It's a given with that much of an opening.
I'd be so pleased if Bones decides to make a second season~  The ending was a bit rushed to be the end, if you ask me.  (Then again, Furuba hasn't had a complete ending for how many years now?)

I mean, if they make it as long as Fullmetal Alchemist, I'd be happy, even if it would only be about 25 more episodes.

Did anyone else notice how high-class the voice actors were, even for the side characters?  Only the best for a rich kid anime.  ;D
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline makichan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2006, 08:06:39 pm »
I loved the ending~*
sure it was really overly-dramatic, but it was a good ending... plus I'm a haruhixtamaki fan and I've been waiting for them to show interest, even in the least heheh. Part of me is relieved that it might not get dubbed for a while, because think about how over-done furuba was after it was released in english... ugh... and naruto, but we won't discuss that lol
"I like the way you fire that gun."
"Thanks. I like the way you take a bullet."

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2006, 09:37:17 pm »
Because of all you guys, I just started watching a few hours ago~

It's really good so far, though the art oddly reminds me of the Fruits Basket anime oO...

ACK! what am I saying, I liked that manga! XD

--

Anyway~ I shoud be to the ending by the end... or by middle of this month... so yay X3 I hope I like it as much as you guys did~!

Now I gotta find some way to get enough money to buy the manga~ and of course the other manga I need to start on~

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #12 on: October 02, 2006, 09:42:38 pm »
Quote from: "Hazuza"
Because of all you guys, I just started watching a few hours ago~

It's really good so far, though the art oddly reminds me of the Fruits Basket anime oO...

ACK! what am I saying, I liked that manga! XD

--

Anyway~ I shoud be to the ending by the end... or by middle of this month... so yay X3 I hope I like it as much as you guys did~!

Now I gotta find some way to get enough money to buy the manga~ and of course the other manga I need to start on~
Considering I'm saving up for a laptop, I got the rest of my set in Japanese at Uwajimaya.
They're way cheaper, but I only understand a little bit.  </3

Bum them off your friends, if any of them have the manga.  xD
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #13 on: October 02, 2006, 09:49:29 pm »
Quote from: "Kotoumi"
Considering I'm saving up for a laptop, I got the rest of my set in Japanese at Uwajimaya.
They're way cheaper, but I only understand a little bit.  </3

Bum them off your friends, if any of them have the manga.  xD

Bah, I WISH I could understand Japanese... only, like, a few words o.=...

And my friends here have NO MANGA WHATSOEVER... I was born 3 years before my time... er... ahead of my time... I wish I was in high-school where people knew /what/ manga was!!
Meh. I'll get the money... somehow </3

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #14 on: October 04, 2006, 12:22:47 am »
Don't mean to spoil it or anything, the anime and the manga isn't all that alike, especial towards the end of the anime series.  I guess since the manga's not ending yet, the animators had to come up with some kinda conclusion.  Oh well, still reading the manga, and still waiting for the 2nd season of the anime to come out, finger crossed.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2006, 09:56:10 am »
i showed my friend 45 sec of an episode (lobela clip with 'your cute and red why dont i eat you instead?') and he had  to download the first 4
i agree its too good to not get optioned kids here will eat it up like ice cream (mmm)
thing is they dont seem to know what will be popular
how many of us knew host club for the hit it is just from watching the amv? yo
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2006, 12:11:01 pm »
This is how I discovered it:

My husband was talking about how he read an article about Host Clubs in Japan, which reminded me of a blurb I read about it about 6 months or so ago  in NEWTYPE. The description sounded like just another shojo anime so I didn't pay too much attention to it the first read through. However, my husband's description of what Host Clubs were like renewed my interest. I watched the first episode on YouTube and it was so funny, yet clever, that I was hooked. I then searched every I could to find more stuff about it and ended up finding the Ouran Fan Site to end all Ouran Fan Sites, where I could DL high quality episodes.

I'm happy the manga is different, just because it gives more stories and will hopefully carry on to what happened after the anime ended (sort of like the Fruit Baskets manga does).

Offline Sinaj

• Chibi
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 12:46:04 pm »
Not meaning to ressurect a dead thread, but if you're a Ouran fan, you might want to check out Yamato Nadeshiko Shichihenge. I just started watching it on YouTube and I just love it. Four beautiful bishonen have been asked to turn a rich woman's young daughter into a graceful and lovely woman - or their rent will triple. Of course they agree, but they have NO IDEA what they are in for.

Offline valliegirl

• Catgirl
    • http://valliegirl.elite-otaku.net
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2006, 10:26:00 am »
I just finished it, and yeah, I really really loved it too.  ^_^
Take a chance 'cause you might grow
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
http://valliegirl.livejournal.com & http://www.myspace.com/valliegirl1013