Author Topic: The Con Cold  (Read 17042 times)

Offline babysugarbear28

• Chibi
The Con Cold
« Reply #50 on: September 12, 2006, 10:52:22 pm »
I got really sick after the con and unfortunately I am STILL sick....I felt tired, had a raspy almost gone voice and a sinus headache the day after the con. Over the next week that has turned into a sinus infection of sorts, coughing, runny nose, and a tickle in the back of my throat... I WAS NOT A CARRIER... no.. I was happy all weekend then the day i left I was tired but... not as tired as the next day.. plus I have had to work since then or risk losing my job.... You don't request 4 days off then ask for another day off cause ur sick if you aint gonna be working again for almost a week... yeah... not a good thing...

PEOPLE IF YOU GET SICK BEFORE THE CON... TAKE LOTS AND LOTS OF MEDS BEFORE YOU GET TO THE CON.... this last week has been so misrible.... sickness, school and work... life blows... I can't even sleep on my back because then i can't breathe through my nose....

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
The Con Cold
« Reply #51 on: September 13, 2006, 01:46:23 am »
The "con cold" only happened to me the first year (2004).  After that I think my body learned how to stay healthy and run efficiently with little sleep and almost no food XD Actually that's what I do on a daily-bases anyways, the life of college student.

Offline NightBlade

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nightbladesden.spaces.live.com/
The Con Cold
« Reply #52 on: September 13, 2006, 02:15:59 am »
@Baby
I would reconmend going out and buying VERY strong peppermint or wintergreen tea. The menthol like scent really helps clear the nasal passages and soothes the throat. (stash makes a really good strong peppermint tea btw)

You,
A) Crush in it to a power and sprinkle it into boiling water and inhale the steam after waiting about five minutes or so for full potency.^ the steam helps with the blockage aswell as the mint (an old folk remedey)
B) Brew it into a strong tea (reconmend two tea bags to one cup) and add a lil honey. ^ soothes the throat, clears you sinus (a bit) and soothes any tummy aches.
C) Sleep with an open bag of the tea in your pillow case (after rolling it between your hands to cruch the herbs up so their potentcy is released).^it's relaxing, smells good and again, helps clear you sinus

*chuckles* I have sense been doing this from my last post date and already feel hella better.

Also, if you can tolerate them, buy the peppermint or wintergreen altiods and don't just suck them but put one in the back of your mouth and bite down. That'll clear yer nose out in a hurry *lol*

I'll look up some other herbs in my "Herbs n' Things" book to see if anything else can help anyone out with the "Con Cold"

*Please note, I have a weird tastes in books and very strange hobbies. I currently own books with titles like, "Herbs n' Things", "Strange Customs, Mannors and Beliefs", my borther has my copies of "Herbal Remedies", "Moddern Herbs and Their Uses "(or something like that><;) and he lets me borrow many of his survival books from time to time as well as his leatherworking book and one on bows and their crafting. Point being, yes I'm strange but damn usefull at times:P *chuckles and points to her sig*
I need a life. Mind if I take yours?

~NightBlade SoulFire

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
The Con Cold
« Reply #53 on: September 13, 2006, 11:52:47 am »
I was a little hung-over on the first day of the con, but got progressively better after that.  All the bright colors and shiny things were a real boost.

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
The Con Cold
« Reply #54 on: September 13, 2006, 12:05:18 pm »
I think I figured out how I bruised my rib! I think it was during Glomp Spin the Bottle. Whoops!

For all those that play from now on: BEWARE!
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
The Con Cold
« Reply #55 on: September 13, 2006, 12:17:15 pm »
Quote from: "Riza-chan"
I think I figured out how I bruised my rib! I think it was during Glomp Spin the Bottle. Whoops!

For all those that play from now on: BEWARE!

that sounds dangerious, glomps can hurt
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Delphi

• Sailor Scout
    • My DeviantArt Page
The Con Cold
« Reply #56 on: September 13, 2006, 12:30:34 pm »
I didn't realize I wanna gonna get full on running start glomped. T_T I gotta work out so I can at least catch the smaller ones that try and glomp me and prevent injuries. I almost fell over and collapsed a few times. Still fun though.

I think the fish was bad though saturday night. I'm not gonna elaborate on that though.
Unable to come this year. Sorry guys...

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
The Con Cold
« Reply #57 on: September 13, 2006, 01:10:09 pm »
@NightBlade
those are really good tips but i just dont like tea, in a pinch i'll drink a little green but just no like the tea and coffie

Offline NightBlade

• Sailor Scout
    • http://nightbladesden.spaces.live.com/
The Con Cold
« Reply #58 on: September 13, 2006, 03:52:50 pm »
@Superjaz
*chuckles* I used to hate tea, but now I kinda like it. It also works if you make a cup of cocoa and add a mint tea bag to it. It carries over the mint flavor without the icky tea taste some teas have. If all else fails and yer over 21, go out and buy a small thing of Peppermints Schnapps. It makes a great cough syrup *wink wink**lol*
I need a life. Mind if I take yours?

~NightBlade SoulFire

Offline pieisexactlythree

• Catgirl
    • Flickr
The Con Cold
« Reply #59 on: September 13, 2006, 04:14:29 pm »
Quote from: "NightBlade"
@Superjaz
*chuckles* I used to hate tea, but now I kinda like it. It also works if you make a cup of cocoa and add a mint tea bag to it. It carries over the mint flavor without the icky tea taste some teas have. If all else fails and yer over 21, go out and buy a small thing of Peppermints Schnapps. It makes a great cough syrup *wink wink**lol*

The best thing on a cold winter night is a pint glass of ginger tea with honey, lemon juice and two shots of whiskey, aka a Hot Toddy.  It's a great drink for when you've spent the day out in the snow on Mt. Hood.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
The Con Cold
« Reply #60 on: September 13, 2006, 04:18:02 pm »
yes the super is over 21,  the mint hot coco sounds intersting ,i will have to try it

Offline Zen

• Cabbit
    • Teh Facebook
The Con Cold
« Reply #61 on: September 15, 2006, 11:13:35 pm »
Didn't get sick. I spent the whole week before the con though moving to my new place leaving me exhausted the whole time I was there and a good while afterwards. Not exactly something I'd like to do days before going on a three day road trip up north. Although my iPod and FM transmitter in my car haven't been working right since I got home. =(
"The World... Yes! Seek freedom, and your world will stand stretched out before your eyes. If the endless dream guides your spirits. Conquer it! Bear Conviction behind your flag!"

-Former Pirate King, Gol D. Roger

Offline princessfrodo

• Catgirl
The Con Cold
« Reply #62 on: September 15, 2006, 11:44:47 pm »
I got the Con Cold and I wasn't even at the Con this year!  :cry:

My suggestion: hot orange juice with honey in it.  It'll help clear nearly anything right up.

Along with chicken soup, homemade if possible.  But avoid the packaged spinich.
No, I'm not insane.  I'm just... happy.

Offline Brack

• Cabbit
The Con Cold
« Reply #63 on: September 19, 2006, 03:25:48 am »
I was under the weather after the con, but entirely unrelated to the con^_^.