Author Topic: the ^ < V game  (Read 1556403 times)

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
Re: the ^ < V game
« Reply #26700 on: July 14, 2015, 10:58:50 pm »
cosplay swimming would be fun to have at a con! you basically swim in a cosplay swimsuit, thats all but its really fun!

i'm eating dinner while sewing the skirt of my remilia scarlet cosplay dress.

if i really was Remilia scarlet would you let me drink your blood?
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26701 on: July 15, 2015, 08:57:48 am »
^ No. Cute, but not cute enough. Next critter. Also, my blood may have some surprising contents that may taste funny.

< Is imagining all the anime characters with long train dresses, 6 to 12 layers of traditional kimonos (medieval Asian princesses, etc.) and long, droopy-sleeved fighting tunics (Cho from Koihime Musou, for example) or ceremonial garb, or like Kotori Monou from the old anime 'X' who wears a 28ft diameter skirt - and how it would SUCK to try to SWIM in these cosplay costumes... OK so maybe you can sneak along a trolling motor?

V  Tell us the funniest scene you've seen in an anime!

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #26702 on: February 20, 2016, 09:13:59 pm »
^ Izaya Orihara getting creamed by a flying trashcan.

< Is wishing the second season of Attack on Titan would premiere already.

V Do you like Levi Ackerman?
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26703 on: February 21, 2016, 09:38:37 am »
^ I'm very sensitive (in a negative way, sorry) to horror, people getting 'et,' or negative paranormals like vampires, zombies, were-wolves, etc, and there's just so much other anime out there (over 200 new shows coming out per year now) that I've been watching other stuff. So, no feelings for Levi Ackerman either way, except that my first job out of engineering school was at a truck factory, where I learned about Ackermann Geometry. (javascript link - fun!)

< Studying patent practice and claims drafting this weekend.

V What anime world would you like to have a vacation/second home in? (and why?)

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #26704 on: February 21, 2016, 10:46:58 am »
^ Attack on Titan, because I can relate to Eren Jäger. And, I'd like to hang out with Levi.

< I'm watching the Daytona 500. #DaytonaDay

V Does anyone here, like NASCAR? Or, am I the only one?
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline TurboSaiyanJason

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26705 on: March 31, 2016, 12:42:52 pm »
^ Not a gearhead or a constant viewer, but racing is in my code. Had a dad that threw it on every sunday.
Though if I was ever hooked up with a vacation to Florida and had tickets to see the Daytona race, or if they actually came to PIR (not the offshoot series, the actual big names) in the middle of their season...I'd have to pinch myself twice.

< Vroom. Cosplayers and racing. Both fun, exciting, and sometimes a crash happens (or as my dad called it "someone sneezed" lol). In cosplay terms, just gotta bust out the sewing kit, change out the worn tires, adjust the wedge 2 degrees, and keep running hard 3" from the wall. (okay maybe I mixed the two up, but the principle is the same!)

V What keeps you running on all 8 cylinders?
Cosplays for Kumoricon 2014
Day 1 Fix-it Felix Jr. (w/ gold sledge)
Day 2 Hitmonchan and Kenny
Day 3 SS Future Trunks (DBZ)
Day 4 Jason Silverheart Pirate OC
Sonic The Hedgehog Kigurumi

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26706 on: June 05, 2017, 09:44:49 am »
^ Mountain Dew: Throwback.

< I have a kitty on my lap.

V Meow?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline Animeman73

• Catgirl
« Reply #26707 on: June 16, 2017, 08:22:03 am »
^ Meow, I used to have cats until i learned I have an allergic reaction to cat dander. Vexing really being a cat person and yet being allergic to cats.

< Getting ready to do some work on my latest writing project, an urban fantasy story.

v How about a story from someone out there about a gut busting funny experience they've had?
One cannot truly live life without having a sense of honor.

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26708 on: June 18, 2017, 09:53:42 pm »
^ For many years, I had this weird lumpy thing on the joint of my jaw.  About three years ago, my then almost-2-year-old son took one of his wooden blocks and hit me smack dab on the lump.  It dropped me to the floor; it made getting a nut shot feel like nothing.  It turns out that the lump was a benign tumor.

^ A more recent one is that my son and I are jamming out to Alice Cooper.  He's headbanging and screaming like a true rock fan... I'm so proud.

< HAPPY FATHER'S DAY!!!  (This was my first good Father's Day as a father).

V I'm gonna go to bed soon.  Any recommendations on what to do tomorrow?
« Last Edit: June 18, 2017, 10:00:43 pm by Washougal_Otaku »

Offline riku-chan

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #26709 on: June 26, 2017, 07:04:39 pm »
^-I'd suggest going to a river cause its gonna be nice and warm.

<-I'm practicing my singing because it calms me down when i get frustrated over stuff.

v-Would you cosplay a vampire character?
~~Kumoricon 2018~~
~~RIKU-CHAN

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26710 on: July 15, 2017, 01:29:52 am »
^ Yes.  In fact, I've considered going as Henry Marker from Karin before.

< I've also considered going as Dr. Toshio Ozaki from Shiki, but he's not a vampire.

V If I have $50, and you have £50, then who should get the ¥50?

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26711 on: July 31, 2017, 01:01:26 pm »
^ Find a friend in the same exact situation, then go to a vending machine in Japan, bum up another ¥10 and then you two can split a sweet, hot tea in the rain.

< Just drove from San Jose to Phoenix AZ yesterday; shredded a tire in the middle of the aggro region near Stockton, CA. Felt great to cross the line out of CA and into a freer state (NV) with no more stupid bottle return or plastic bag hassles.

V What 2017 summer anime are you watching or most waiting for to come to your region?

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26712 on: August 01, 2017, 01:26:46 am »

^ Not sure on the Summer part, but the most recent one that I'm interested in (at least that I can recall) is called Love Tyrant.

< I had a hardcore case of heatstroke today, one that was so bad that my son and his mother were worried that I might've died.  It's a good thing I have life insurance.

V What would you recommend for getting the forums active again?

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #26713 on: October 29, 2018, 09:34:12 am »

^ Advertise them on FB from time to time? Pitch they're more organized than FB because you can easily access threads vs your feed getting lost on the FB page?

< Day after con 2018... at work... sipping coffee and trying not to pass out on my keyboard...

V What's the least amount of sleep you ever got during con?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26714 on: October 30, 2018, 01:13:24 pm »
^ About 1hr 20min from a Friday afternoon thru Sunday afternoon! I was ran a craps table all Friday night in 24-hr gaming, and then I did an AMV all-nighter the next night till 6:30am, and went to 7am Mass off-site then returned for breakfast, hotel checkout and the rest of the con!
< Haven't found any new cons to try in the Phoenix AZ area. I went to Saboten-con here last year but all their con organizing and planning is online rather than in-person, so it didn't feel 'real' enough to get emotionally engaged with. But there're some steampunk events around the old movie set city outside of Tucson, and then *real* history of the Great West is right under your feet - over 100,000 abandoned mine works + some Civil War stuff too, as AZ was a Confederate territory.
V You are going on an ANIME CRUISE! Pick FIVE shows where the ENTIRE CAST will be aboard, TOGETHER, so any/all can interact. Remember, a cruise vessel is a SHIP! <- Hint
« Last Edit: November 28, 2018, 10:50:19 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26715 on: November 19, 2018, 03:11:38 pm »

^ First off, NICE!!!  Second, I'm gonna go with: "Ranma 1/2," "Monster Musume," Maria-Holic," "Eiken," and "Wanna Be the Strongest in the World."

< I'm working on an online article about Kumoricon, both this previous year and the one coming up.  I'll probably post a link on the forums somewhere... maybe.

V If the show "Candid Camera" ever came to Kumoricon, what sort of gimmick would you like them to do?

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26716 on: November 26, 2018, 07:23:19 am »
^ This took only seconds to decide: cementing some guy into the concrete floor of the hotel.

< Busy patent work this week

V  What is the oldest anime show that you watched and LIKED?
« Last Edit: November 26, 2018, 07:23:40 am by Prinz Eugen »

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26717 on: November 26, 2018, 11:52:19 am »

^ I had to double-check dates on this, but the answer is: "Maya the Bee."  (1975)

< There is the original "Cutey Honey" that I'd like to see, which came out in 1972 (I think), but I've only read the first chapter of the manga and watched some latter Cutey Honey series, including "re: Cutey Honey" and the live action movie (which was actually pretty good).

V What is one anime that you would say is genuinely bad?  I don't mean whether you hate it, I mean in terms of analyzing the quality of the anime: plot, visuals, voice work, etc.  Name one genuinely bad anime.

Offline Prinz Eugen

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26718 on: November 21, 2023, 08:46:39 am »
^ I'd have to nominate "Dead Leaves." I've been watching anime for decades, and just like when I first came back from Japan and was shocked by how Bart Simpson could disrespect his father, I've pretty much become intolerant to the "ugly" Cal-arts style American animation. A few months ago I discovered "As told by Ginger" and to me it is positively repulsive:

[size=78%]

Compare Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei
12 Anime Like Mahouka Koukou No Rettousei (The Irregular at Magic High School) - HubPages

Or even a story of creepy-intelligent plotting scheming back-stabbing highschoolers:
(Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi no Kyoushitsu)
Youkoso Jitsuryoku Shijou Shugi No Kyoushitsu E Bd (1-12) Streming Subtitle Indonesia - http ...

Ya, so (to me) "Dead Leaves" was so ugly it was un-watchable to me.

< Today, I turned 61 years old. Fitting to post this on a ghost forum.

V For those who have "moved on" from anime, what media/shows are you finding interesting now?
(I've been getting into Chinese donghua recently)[/size]