Author Topic: I'll actually plug this.  (Read 2796 times)

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
I'll actually plug this.
« on: September 14, 2006, 07:56:51 am »
So I wouldn't normally plug anything specifically, BUT Collectica helped us get item like tee shirts, badges and lanyards, the program guide, and ads to fill it in time for Kumoricon 06. And they offer a pretty cool service as well. Here are the details:

"Collectica.com, the comprehensive anime and manga collectors' community, is opening its doors for for its launch ONLY to Kumoricon attendees. As alpha users, you get to help us put the final tweaks on the site with your feedback, while getting some cool stuff in return.

Collectica features a completely free, in-depth collection management system. It will allow you to share photos and details of individual items in your collection, as well as document your entire collection; you can include complete details about the anime and manga from the studio to the creator and also include a scan or photo of the item. You can then share your collection with the world or leave it as a private collection for your personal use.

The service is designed to suit everyone from otaku to the casual anime fan and it can also serve to document your action figure collections, movies, costume collections -- you name it! This is a free service which aims to provide a unique and fun way to share and document your collection.

To become an alpha user, register on www.collectica.com with the code KC2358 - only the first 200 users will be accepted. Remember, the site is completely and always free.  

Hope to see you soon!

The Collectica Team"

They're offering this dicount specifically to Kumoriconers.

Any questions, post them here.

Meg
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline yukimizu

• Chibi
I'll actually plug this.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2006, 09:50:36 am »
Sounds like fun! I'll give it a whirl and sign up!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
I'll actually plug this.
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2006, 11:08:09 am »
I'll have to remember to check this when I get home! I've always wanted to catalog all my Cool Stuff (tm)!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
I'll actually plug this.
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2006, 12:45:39 pm »
OMG! Your avatar!! I'm dying! lol!!!
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Dustin

• Catgirl
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/217341/
I'll actually plug this.
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2006, 09:22:36 pm »
Hmm, sounds like fun. I joined and everything, but I didn't add anything yet. This feature has been on Anime News Network for quite awhile. I guess it would be easier to have it ALL in one place, but that would require Collectica creating a video game collection part too, aswell as misc. items.

When the features get better, ill start using it in full.

Offline wolfwood64

• Oni
I'll actually plug this.
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2006, 05:10:51 pm »
Hi Dustin

We recently added an other / misc category and we will be adding video games in the near future.  We also just added a clubs feature so you can for example create a Kumoricon Attendees club and then get to check out the collections of all the people you met at the con.

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
I'll actually plug this.
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2006, 08:02:20 pm »
Just so everyone's clear, wolfwood64 is a Collectica representative, not another account of Wolf Wood's ;)
2008 Facilities Liaison