Author Topic: The After(Con)math~ What stories do YOU have to tell?  (Read 45674 times)

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
The After(Con)math~ What stories do YOU have to tell?
« on: September 04, 2006, 01:08:25 pm »
Well, as of this moment, the con isn't officially over. But it will be in around three hours, and since it's over for me, I decided to make a thread. :D

Anyway, what stories do you have to tell?
What kind of people did you meet?
What kind of things did you do?

Bottom line--What happened?
Anything you'd like to share?

Myself, I don't have that many stories. Well, that I'm willing to...share, anyway. :)

Except one.
Late Sunday night, a bunch of my friends and I took two cars to eat at the Denny's by the Red Lion.
The first car of people left to make their way back to the hotel, and we followed. We lost sight of them, and missed the turn back to the hotel.

We ended up in Camus, Washington. :D And it took us nearly half an hour of freaking out in the dark to figure out how to get back to Oregon. (We're...directionally challenged, one could say.)

I'm still ever so amused by the fact that you miss one little turn and end up in a completley different State. :o

Anyway, that's the only story I'm willing to share at the moment. Anyone else have something they wanna share? :3
[/size]

Offline bluecutter

• Oni
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2006, 01:34:17 pm »
Well, this was my first ever Komoricon and I have to say I think I had a great time!  I met a lot of people which all had cool costumes.  I even saw some old friends that I haven't seen in a long time come to the convention...what a small world.  
But the best part of this whole trip was because of the SSBM Tournament.  I came in 2nd place in the finals!  I couldn't believe how cool was that to come that close to winning, and I've had a couple of close shaves there too when I was battling other players.  
The whole convention was an awesome experience.  I met new people, I saw how others love anime like I do, and everyone seemed to have a fun time altogether.

Offline Arcadia

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2006, 01:45:37 pm »
This was my second time going to a con. Well It was all great if you cut out the heat, LOOOOONG lines, Un-organized pre-regs and other stuff.

I do know how hard it is to run a con, so im not exactly complaining. I actually really enjoyed the con and am counting down (already) to next year! hehe..

Yea I just hope the staff gets a little more help so everyone can be happy con-goers!        
b^_^d
------------the ways of the n00b-------------

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2006, 02:44:50 pm »
I hate to 'advertise' boards on other boards, but I also hate to retype a couple paragraphs, so...

The greatest thing I got to do was the 5 hour Random Panel of Doom ^^ I made a board in the Panels forums, if you want to see what I mean

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2006, 04:02:21 pm »
Quote from: "Hazuza"
I hate to 'advertise' boards on other boards, but I also hate to retype a couple paragraphs, so...

The greatest thing I got to do was the 5 hour Random Panel of Doom ^^ I made a board in the Panels forums, if you want to see what I mean

OMG the bigger or better game. XD I was walking around with Mori who was asking people for panties. It was ummm... special. XD

2008 cosplays:
Princess Mars from Sailor Moon
Lumina from Harvest Moon AWL/DS ?
Ouran High School Host Club Junior High Uniform

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2006, 04:06:27 pm »
Quote from: "Nekochi"

OMG the bigger or better game. XD I was walking around with Mori who was asking people for panties. It was ummm... special. XD

lol, we went from... a japanese kareoke card, to a screwdriver, to a pack of pocky, to two bucks, to... something..., to a bunch of condoms, to some mountaindew, to a bra (which Gaara kept), to a corset, to... um... a song :D

(to anyone that's about to flame me, the Chair and vice chair of Kumoricon came in and approoved it <.<)

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2006, 05:13:37 pm »
=O  I thought I saw you there!
(CrazyMahouShoujo from Gaia over here~ ;D)

Well, let's see.  I was half of the Ouran High School Host Club cosplayers in the girls' uniform~
The only other one I made friends with quickly, but I only know her as Renge-friend.

So, on Sunday there was an Ouran photoshoot in the lobby.
I was told by a Princess Mars cosplayer down the hall from there.
I was just like "=O!"
and my friend asked me "Do you want to go?"
My reply:
"jafhiahrnth YEAH~"

So I went and watched for a couple minutes, took a couple pictures for my friend of the Hunny and Mori.
Then,
RENGEFRIEND dragged me into the fray, as I was wearing the girls' uniform.  xD

Then the first Hikaru that I met pulled me in front of the couch and pretended to offer me a red rosebud.
x3
15 minutes later, my group went to lunch and I didn't seen many of them since.  D:

Then, later on, I sang karaoke for the first time ever.
I got glomped by four people afterwards and I almost fell backwards onto one of the speakers.  :o

Aaand I had so much fun at my first con, I almost cried in the car on the way home.
Awww.
Umbrella Duelists - Oregon Captain ☂

KumoriCon 2014
Red Riding Hood Belgium | Maid Belgium | Myrmidon Olivia

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2006, 05:21:19 pm »
DUDE! FGHKFEJNM<S DUDE!!!

um...

I left-- my mom left-- my coke on the table by the couches in the lobby... and some... idiot... stuck a rose in there...

I came back hours later and my godforsaken coke was still full and cold... but there was a freaking rose in it oO... I was too afraid to take a drink anymore -.-

But by the end of the day I still couldn't get over it, so I took a picture of the rose... in my coke... from burger king.... gawd...

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2006, 05:29:12 pm »
The Ouran photoshoot was so crazy. XD

The Sailor Moon one was better though because we went out to the rose garden. <3 And so we had this awsome, very Sailor Moon, location. Even if only 8 people showed up and only 3 people took pictures. :3 That was probably one of my highlights of the whole con.

Another would of course be, being the Kino fan that I am, getting the Kino no Tabi artbook. X3 I was so suprised that they had that and a Kino poster. Though when I came back today the Kino poster was gone. I can't believe there is some other Kino fan there who bought it and I don't know who it is. XD

Speaking of which I conviced my friend to be part of a Kino no Tabi cosplay group. I'm going to be Kino and she's going to be young Kino. You think she could bring her dog in to play Riku? XD I saw three cats there today.

I also might have someone to be part of a Romance (PGSM) cosplay group. :3 Ureshi~~~

2008 cosplays:

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2006, 05:30:52 pm »
well i meet alot of people there and i got glomped soooo many times and i saw tons of people from the forums like:

Waffles
Dai
Irate
Heavensclone
yatta cloud
kylite
xrixkux
Catgirl rin rin
Negima
Washgoul
Anime_fan
Tomthefanboy
neko chan
carptometeor
kairi
kalark

and i got chased by the energizer bunny and a cloud.

I meet a arieth a tifa and a sephi and a vash we hung out alot we were spastic lol and i meet 2 Riku from KH and one from FFX and i met a roxas and 2 other sora lol.

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2006, 05:41:46 pm »

Holy crud, I know!
The Kyouya hit that table so many times...o__o

We saw him later, though, and he said he was fine.

Silly Renge.

If you were there, I was the other one in yellow without the bow on her head.
xD;

Man, were the Mori and Hunny in character, though.
Mori only said "Yeah" the entire time o_o
And Hunny was so adorable.  <3

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2006, 05:47:36 pm »
Quote from: "Kotoumi"

Holy crud, I know!

Silly Renge.

xD;

Yeah I saw you. I was the one that directed you over the the photoshoot. :D Long black wig, maroon dress. (I would just say who I was but only a total of about 15 people said that they reconised me during the whole con. I was Princess Mars. Dang. I bet more people would have reconised me if I wore a less obscure outfit. Oh well. I was pretty. :3)

2008 cosplays:

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #12 on: September 04, 2006, 05:52:48 pm »

Holy crud, I know!

Silly Renge.

xD;

Yeah I saw you. I was the one that directed you over the the photoshoot. :D Long black wig, maroon dress. (I would just say who I was but only a total of about 15 people said that they reconised me during the whole con. I was Princess Mars. Dang. I bet more people would have reconised me if I wore a less obscure outfit. Oh well. I was pretty. :3)
Whoahneat~

I knew you were Princess Mars.
I just didn't know that was you.  xD;

//Doesn't hang around here much

Thank you for doing that, though.  It was fun.  x3

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Nekochi

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: September 04, 2006, 05:56:39 pm »

Holy crud, I know!

Silly Renge.

xD;

Whoahneat~

I knew you were Princess Mars.
I just didn't know that was you.  xD;

//Doesn't hang around here much

Thank you for doing that, though.  It was fun.  x3

Yay~ 16 people that reconised me. X3 I just joined though so I can imagine you wouldn't know it was me.

And you're welcome. :3

2008 cosplays:

Offline Aractor

• Oni
    • http://proslackers.com
« Reply #14 on: September 04, 2006, 06:03:07 pm »
This was my first time attending Kumoricon, and I have to say that I had such an awesome time! I had no idea what to expect at all, being a total con virgin, but I left with such great memories.

There are really too many to share all right here, but the bottom line of it all is that I will for sure being coming back next year! I already can't wait :D
<Zer0_-X-> animeology - the study of japanese animation
<ecat> u must study it quite well
<Zer0_-X-> yah
<Zer0_-X-> i've got phd :D
<Goddess> permanent head damage?

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #15 on: September 04, 2006, 06:06:14 pm »
I saw lots of people I recognized, too!

@ Crazy Magical Girl: Did you introduce yourself to me?? Waah, I don't remember seeing you! D:>

But I was watching the Ouran photoshoot. One of the Haruhi's is a really good friend of mine. XD

What were you dressed as? :3
[/size]

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #16 on: September 04, 2006, 06:07:02 pm »
Yay~ 16 people that reconised me. X3 I just joined though so I can imagine you wouldn't know it was me.

And you're welcome. :3
Well, I did grow up watching Sailor Moon.
It was my first cosplay, too.
At 6.  o_o;

Same here.  I joined after you, I believe.
I just didn't have much to talk about before the Con.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Hazuza

• Bunnygirl
    • DeviantArt
« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2006, 06:08:49 pm »
Oh, that reminds me...

If you cosplay, you need to remember the name of who you're cosplaying o.o...  same if you're wearing cat ears or something.

It is IMPOSSIBLE to get someone to stop for you if they don't understand you're talking to them, really -.- either that, or that Itachi has bad hearing

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #18 on: September 04, 2006, 06:09:52 pm »
Quote from: "Irate Beldam"
I saw lots of people I recognized, too!

@ Crazy Magical Girl: Did you introduce yourself to me?? Waah, I don't remember seeing you! D:>

But I was watching the Ouran photoshoot. One of the Haruhi's is a really good friend of mine. XD

What were you dressed as? :3
[/size]
I didn't ; 3;  I wish I did, though, but I wasn't absolutely sure that it was you.  x3
//shy like that

I was the one in yellow with short hair.  I was kind of in front most of the time.
And I was dragged in by the Renge.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2006, 06:27:12 pm »
Well, this was my first time at a con, and I have to say, that besides the disorganization bits, and being double-booked with a wedding, it was quite fun, though I can't think of any stories offhand, (maybe some will come to mind later, once I collect my thoughts...).
I'm not entirely certain, but I think that I saw several of you there--I was dressed as Gendo Ikari...I looked something like this:

Sorta small, isn't it? Oh well...

Offline Shadow

• Catgirl
    • My deviantART Page
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2006, 06:32:09 pm »
Oh my gosh I had such a fun time. Except for the 3-hour-eternal-lines-from-hell, but I complained about that in another thread. I got to meet Rin Rin, Leashy (Again. ^^), superjaz, and even VonDan. I even met people from Cosplay.com. I got my picture taken more times than I ever expected, and I got a lot of comments like, "Oh my god Shadow!!", "It's Shadow!", and "Hi Shadow!". It was a blast. So many more people recognized my costume this year than last year. (Maybe it's because of the release of Shadow's game?)

I even saw an Eggman cosplayer and when I went up to him he just kinda stared at me for a few seconds until he finally said, "Holy crap it's Shadow!". And he shook my hand. That moment = WIN. We then posed together and everyone who was with the Eggman cosplayer took out their cameras and took pictures. ^^

On Sunday I saw even more Sonic cosplayers. I met a Cream cosplayer early in the morning, so I talked to her and she took my picture and complimented me on my costume. ^^ She told me there was another Cream and Shadow cosplayer around too. So later that day I see them. I go up to them and talk to them in the Dealer's Room, and say that I'll see them around.

Even later that day State Alchemist (Who I attended the con with both days) and I start to get hungry and decide to go across the street to Taco Bell. On the way there this lady in her car yells at me, "What's going on?!" I then yell back, "Anime convention!". It was funny. XD When we get into Taco Bell I see the Cream and Shadow cosplayers again, along with the other Shadow cosplayer's boyfriend (Who goes by the name of Kalegei here.) who I had made plans with previously, but had to cancel due to the fact that I didn't want to have to walk over to the mall. So somehow we all end up at Taco Bell anyways. XD After eating my lunch of chips and cheese, Kalegei comes over to me and says that he wants a picture of me and his girlfriend. We then go outside of Taco Bell and the other Shadow cosplayer and I do a mini photoshoot. It was so cool. Then the Cream cosplayer gets in on the fun and jumps in the middle. That was even more awesome. So somewhere there should be pictures of two Shadow cosplayers pulling a Cream cosplayer. XD

Oh boy, it was so fun. I'll probably be posting more later. (Yes, there's more XP) I shall be forever known as Kumoricon's Shadow fanatic and cosplayer. ^^ (Especially after this year.)

Like TDS? Become a fan on facebook!: http://www.facebook.com/thedeppsquad

Kumoricon 2013

Sweeney Todd
Hit-Girl

Offline x HatakeKakashi x

• Sailor Scout
    • Myspace
« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2006, 06:50:35 pm »
Bwaha.
The con was fun this year, but i have to say, I was dissapointed...it was so disorganized and so many panels were canceled...
But otherwise it was great seeing all my friends.
Some comments people made on my gothic lolita ribbon ish costume were pretty funny. Some lady told me that my costume "spoke to her". And another girl was like "Your skirt...is orgasmic"
I was like, "....:'D"
But I think the most fun I had was this morning, as I cuddled with the Riku and Sora. xD(You prolly saw that happening, too) Good god, that Riku just loved me. Later on, when riku left, I was left with Sora, and we rounded up all the KH cosplayers for a mini photoshoot by the boat dock. My brain just now had a malfunction so I don't remember much from there. xD

~Bleu
nyappy. C:

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1065989/
« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2006, 06:52:46 pm »
Stories to tell? None! Absolutly none! I wasn't there! actually, I will have to mention that I get to see some of that con.  I thought that I wouldn't get to see any, but I managed to sneak in for the last couple of hours. I got to see the ending ceremony, look at all the cool cosplayers, and stand in a line. whoo! oh, and I got to see Cloud and Aeris DDRing.
To they guy who explained otaku to us in line: No. I wasn't supposed to be there. hehehe...

oh, and I also got to hear a crapload of people sing in line. I sang along with then a little, but I couldn't keep up with the happy chocobo music in english. where did they get those lyrics?
[/size]

the unfortunate death of Sephiroth

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2006, 06:55:26 pm »
Oh, I can't believe I forgot the first day.  ><

Well, after waiting in one line for an hour or so, preregistered people got moved through the lobby and into another line.
As we were going through the lobby, a Haruhi and Hikaru see me, come up, and give me two fake red roses.
<3
It was great~

Then, after we get to the top of the stairs, we go inside to cool off (holy crud, it was hot out there)
and the Haruhi and Hikaru see me again, this time bringing over Renge and Tamaki.
(Copy+Pasted from Gaia)

While waiting in line, I got:

-My picture taken about four times (One RIGHT after I got there)
-Two fake roses (From a Haruhi and a Hikaru xD)
-Complimented a lot (A Tamaki, Haruhi, Renge and Hikaru called me cute x3)
-"Yay"-ed for being in the Ouran uniform
-Squeed at four times
-Recognized many, many people.

The "Cute" conversation between Tamaki, Haruhi, Hikaru, and Renge went sort of like this:
"You know, she kind of looks like that girl who hates Tamaki! =O" - Renge
"Yeah! She kinda does!" - Haruhi & Hikaru
"D:" - Tamaki
"But she's cuter than her" - Haruhi
"Yeah, much cuter" - Hikaru & Renge
"What should we call you? ^^" - Hikaru, Renge, & Haruhi
"Koto. I'm just a random person~" - Me
"=O! Then we have to be nice to her because she's a random person!" - Haruhi
"Oh yeah, huh!  Want to be loved?" - Renge
"Er...okay xD" - Me
"Yaaay, you get hugs&kisses now~" - Haruhi

So then Tamaki gives me a hug, Haruhi hugs me and handkisses me (xD), and Hikaru hugs me and cheekkisses me (ftw! xD)
Then I see them all over the place like they were stalking us, but they weren't.
Would've been cool.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2006, 07:01:29 pm »
Heh...

Kumoricon for the Win. It was my secon d one and yes, there were long lines, but you know? What dosn't kill you makes me stronger. It wasn't like staff wanted all of us out in the sun sweating, they handed out bottles of water and tey were nice. :] Good job to staff and Voulenteers!

I saw you too Wolfwood, you still hurting from our hissy fit where I broke your badge downstairs Sunday night? xD Heh. It was nice to see everyone again...

Oh jeeeeez...

I have so many stories about the con but most of them have very vulgar language or people might find them offensive (not rude) but it's just you know, we're being dorks and joking about "OMG U KNO WAT? MY FAVORITE ANIMEAL IS A NEKO OMG KWAII DESU NE YOO!!!1" and "OMG I JUST HIT MY ATAMA OMG SOOO ITAIIEEE DESU KA!!!1" being totaly Wapaense dorks on Sunday and Monday.

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1065989/
« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2006, 07:13:22 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
Heh...

Kumoricon for the Win. It was my secon d one and yes, there were long lines, but you know? What dosn't kill you makes me stronger. It wasn't like staff wanted all of us out in the sun sweating, they handed out bottles of water and tey were nice. :] Good job to staff and Voulenteers!

I saw you too Wolfwood, you still hurting from our hissy fit where I broke your badge downstairs Sunday night? xD Heh. It was nice to see everyone again...

Oh jeeeeez...

I have so many stories about the con but most of them have very vulgar language or people might find them offensive (not rude) but it's just you know, we're being dorks and joking about "OMG U KNO WAT? MY FAVORITE ANIMEAL IS A NEKO OMG KWAII DESU NE YOO!!!1" and "OMG I JUST HIT MY ATAMA OMG SOOO ITAIIEEE DESU KA!!!1" being totaly Wapaense dorks on Sunday and Monday.

Your in the pocky club right? Was the guy with the hardhat with pocky boxes on it the president?[/size]

the unfortunate death of Sephiroth

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2006, 07:40:19 pm »
Quote from: "Writer"
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
Heh...

Oh jeeeeez...

Your in the pocky club right? Was the guy with the hardhat with pocky boxes on it the president?[/size]

Yep, I am. :] I totaly forgot to say stuff...

ABOUT HOW EFFING AWESOME POCKY CLUB IS :DDDD

That was Tom the Fanboy, our president. :3

Thank you to everyone who participated in Pocky Club events and came to our panel! :D

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2006, 07:52:43 pm »
neko i have a bruise on my hip because of you lol ok i was in the drawing room with a selphi and she drew a picture and the character in picture looked like a nancy so i named it nancy and i was shocked that i was the only guy sora well the was a little kid sora but that doesnt count lol

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2006, 08:16:31 pm »
Omg I FAILED at Pocky club!

I only had to deliver two, but then it turned out the first guy I called said his friend was being an ass, and I shouldn't deliver it.

So I only delivered one. D:

*Felt bad*
[/size]

Offline Kirakins

• Sailor Scout
    • My Myspace
« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2006, 08:16:54 pm »
Rar! I was Mokona, Yui from Fushigi Yugi, and SEXY PINK-HAIRED NURSE WITH PYRAMID HEAD!

The greatest highlight was Py-Head and I haunting the elevator to the gaming room. If you encountered it then AWESOME. Especially memorable people were the schoolboys (crossplayers) and our friends that waved every time in the lower lobby. We had left a sign in the elevator, but nazi's took it down.

Also, the second dance rocked! I freaked out and had a blast the whole time. I was one of the chicks that kept WoW-emoting.The kid with the floofy hair that WoW emoted with us was awesome. We briefly started a dancing Katamari Ball, and the three of us (Me, Friend, Floofy haired kid) all started the train. Huzzah.

Pyramid head and I definetly approved of YattaDante's Cloud and Zack skit. Super-Glued materia for the WIN! I also LOVED the fruits basket AMV you did. AWESOME.

Other than that, my heart is broken that baka-zoku is no longer the same </3. Chris ruled my world ;p

~Kirashii

Planned Cosplay '09

Roxas - Christmas Town, Cyber Punk, and Masquerade. Bringing other versions, too.
Naruto - Shippuden Naru

Offline DJrock

• Oni
=D
« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2006, 08:20:24 pm »
Well... Can you believe this was my first anime Con? I had fun... even though I thought I'd die in my suit.. I got a lot of hugs. There was this one guy that picked me up off the floor because he wanted a hug from me XD and my friend glomp attacking me.. XD

The Moogle was my first ever hand sewn cosplay. I can't believe how well it turned out. It made me happy to see people interested in my moogle~! XD

I got many pictures taken too~ <3 I felt like a star *_*

I hope to go as Reita from The GazettE next year ^^
or... a Cactaur LOL XD
[will be comming soon?]

Offline grfu

• Cabbit
« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2006, 08:26:10 pm »
i don't know if i have any funny stories or anything, but I did attempt to amuse myself and those around me while I waited in the registration line.

I am, of course, the notorious fellow who got bored and decided to make a little sign that read:  "LVL 21 WARRIOR LFG."  I got some laughs and a few pictures, which is always nice.

The second day of the con was also amusing, particularly kareoke.  My friend and I sang "Ask DNA" from Cowboy Bebop, The Movie, and yes, I was quite serious when I said that I was tired of listening to songs from Inuyasha.  I must have listened to half a dozen of those within an hour.  I was the shorter and stockier of the duet, and I lacked cat ears.

I was also the guy who was running the Warhammer games in Panel 2.  I would have liked it if more people showed up, but that's ok.  We can make a better showing next year, and maybe we won't have to use my Thermodynamics book and Pocky boxes as terrain.  And to the scythe wielding maiden who kindly agreed to watch the door, I am glad that you did not have to reap any souls, though I appreciate the effort.

In conclusion, I talk alot when I type.
Ford:  It's unpleasantly like being drunk.
Arthur:  What's so unpleasant about being drunk?
Ford:  Ask a glass of water.

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2006, 08:26:15 pm »
Do I even need to explain my story at the cosplay halftime show? (I still can't believe I did what I did)

One story that most people don't know is I was temporarily hired to line up everyone who was having their costumes judged before the cosplay contest.  For the first 30 minutes, I felt like a chicken with his head cut off.  After that things seemed to go a little smoother for me.

So even after only 2 hours of directing people, to all of con staff and yojimbo, you have my sympathy.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2006, 08:37:54 pm »
What, no one's mentioned the great den of fun that was the Fan Creation Station? I had a blast in there, even if it wasn't air conditioned.

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2006, 08:45:31 pm »
I walked like not 10 steps out of my hotel room and I hear a scream something like OMG ITS TOORU! Then this girl comes up and hugs me. It kinda scared me since that was the first time i ever put on the full costume and everything, but it made my con. Then only like 3-4 other people recognized me. It was fun. Sakuracon I am probably going to be tooru again and isabella from parakiss. I saw you irate, but didn't say anything... i saw kalark and trumby... and then some other gal from here on the forums... but i dont remember the name >.>

Offline Keenon Williams

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2006, 08:55:29 pm »
Well, let's see... pros and cons...

PROS:

- I managed to get a hold of MANY good anime items, consisting of Grenadier volume 1 (the manga, I already have the anime); Chobits manga 1; Negima DVDs 1 and 2 (special box set for the first); figures of Kasumi, Fujiko, Rangiku, Untyou, Ayane, Naru and Kanako; the Love Hina Complete Collection; Girls Bravo DVD 3; and a Negima! wallscroll.
- Got 76 pictures, the majority of which were huggle pictures. (thanks to all who hugged me, Andy will be in shock when he sees the number of Chi cosplayer pics)
- Met some interesting people, such as Kalark, Negima, animefan and Oishiidesuyo.
- Was introduced to the pure uncut awesome that is Para Para.
- Got to enjoy some good karaoke. (Mad props to the two that sang "Ai (Chuuseishin)" from Excel Saga.)
- Was amused by the cosplay contest. (The Ninja of the Night and those guys that did Konoha Confessions were AWESOME.)

CONS:

- I had to stand outside in the blazing heat for no less than 5 hours of time. I wouldn't be surprised if I shed 5 pounds from how much I was sweating.
- I didn't get every pic I wanted. (I couldn't find the Mikuru cosplayer, and I only ran into PrinCess ONCE where she didn't act like I wasn't there, though I was CLEARLY trying to talk to her.)
- Nearly got (literally) thrown for a loop by a random guy at the dance. (I ended up being the one to do the throwing. Who knew the hammer toss would be so easy?)
- Everyone made fun of me for not eating ramen. Incident 1: I was eating Taco Bell. Incident 2: I was watching the ramen contest. (I didn't participate because of the fact that it was called a Ramen FIRE eating contest. I handle spicy stuff like Osaka. [Or for those of you that know it, like Densuke from Eiken.)

That's it. Good con, I say.
06 - Naruto Uzumaki
07 - Ryoga Hibiki
08 - Kunio-kun
09 - Doctor Insano (Spoony Experiment), Seta Noriyasu
11 - Yuri Volte Hyuga

Help me make this year memorable! Take pictures with me at Kumoricon '11!

Offline spicylemon

• Sailor Scout
    • http://spicylemon.deviantart.com/
« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2006, 09:04:42 pm »
LOL, omfgggggggg. Kumoricon this year ruled. This was only my second con, but I loved it about a bazillion times more than last years. Being Tamaki was the best~ >____<!!

AHAHAHAHAH, holy crap that was the best! I really wish I had known about the Random Panel beforehand, because that srsly made me laugh so harddddd, holy crap.

I don't really have any stories. I LOVED being in the Ouran photoshoot, though. The Hunny-senpai won at life!! He went to Burger King with us after the shoot, and we found out that he watches FMA and likes Metal Gear Solid. LOL he loves that you can tranquilize pidgeons. I think he's my hero!! So so so so so cute! T____________T

Kotoumi, you really were cute!! We might have been subconsciously stalking you~ XD Other Ouran cosplayers are like magnets!! You just have to stick to them!

I do have a story though! Some guy at the pool called some of the Utena cosplayers Pokemon trainers, and when they saw him in the hall again, I started chasing him until he ran down the stairs, and I threw french fries at him~~~ XDDDDDDDD I did kind of run into Charlotte while I was at it, but it was so worth it!! Aaahhh...
LAWLIET!! XD

Suoh Tamaki - 2006
~~ yay for pinatas! WHOO!

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2006, 09:06:27 pm »
- Got 76 pictures, the majority of which were huggle pictures. (thanks to all who hugged me, Andy will be in shock when he sees the number of Chi cosplayer pics)

I was on a Chi hunting mission! I think I managed to get 5 of 'em on Saturday. I was too shy and didn't want to scare off any of the cosplayers by asking to glomp them or pose with me or something. ^_^;

The people I hung out with in line were all really cool. Some guy wearing a m4d sk1llz^2 t-shirt. Another guy dressed up as a character from Naruto. The guy with all the various weapons and whatnot. Basically anyone I talked to was cool as heck.

I saw a lot of people from last year, too. Took plenty of pictures. In fact, it's most of what I spent my time doing. And occasionally talking to random people. I ran into the Spike(!) cosplayer I saw the last year before, too. What a badass. In fact, I dare say that the Spike character from Cowboy Bebop is actually based on him.

Like I said I took a ton of pictures.. dunno when I'll post them.. is anyone interested in seeing them? ^_^;

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline grfu

• Cabbit
« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2006, 09:10:02 pm »
ah, you are of course referring to the Spike that was accompanied by one Wolfwood and Gaijin #6 (me), yes?
Ford:  It's unpleasantly like being drunk.
Arthur:  What's so unpleasant about being drunk?
Ford:  Ask a glass of water.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2006, 09:13:50 pm »
I was kinda dissapointed in the anime dating game. I thought people were actually going to act like their anime charatcers when they were called up there instead of just having anyone called up there. So I left to go to karoke which was fun. I also got to try para para for the first time.

As always..... BAKAZOKU ROCKED.... I hope they stay and come in 2008 when I can go to their 18+ panel. Amv and Cosplay show was great! LINES WERE TOOO LONG. And It ticked me off people who were a;; there for the auction got to stay there for the closing ceremoney when we were waiting in line forever.

So a funny story..... During the cosplay contest wait in line, they were throwing T-shirts out to everyone, and one smaked my sister right across the face and broke her glasses.

Oh, my sister wants to know.
Whats the deal with the guy that got beat up?

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline PaladinCecil79

• Catgirl
« Reply #40 on: September 04, 2006, 09:23:27 pm »
They'd be great to see. It's always good seeing con pics that people took.

This was my second time at Kumoricon (I attended for the first time last year and it rocked) and this year's Kumoricon was very worth going to. I had as many good memories from this year as I did last year.
Some of the experiences I had at the con were:
Getting a lot of good pictures.
Playing Story Story Die (I was the one who made all the bathroom references and didn't really think of the raw sewage reference being bathroom-oriented and I would've attempted to come up with something different had I done so).
Making cat ears (they didn't turn out good at all, but it was a cool experience nonetheless).
Interacting with a lot of cool fangirls at Fangirl Support Group.
Interact with an extremely obsessed Zelos fangirl who went crazy every time she saw me, but she was a cool person and was good being around.
Cat Girl Pool Party. I had a good time interacting with the people who were there and Kumoricon should do that event again.
Having dinner at Shenanigans with some cool FMA fans and I enjoyed showing other fans my FMA book.
Interacting with some artists who had some great fan art.
Attending Fanfic Bedtime and watching the FMA movie parody.

Offline reppy

• Bunnygirl
    • http://www.animemsn.com
« Reply #41 on: September 04, 2006, 09:27:30 pm »
Oh oh! Seeing all the cosplayers on the Merry-Go-Round at Janzten Beach Mall was AWESOME.

Clark Anime: http://clarkanime.com
Facebook: http://facebook.com/reppy
Kumoricon 2005-10 galleries: http://dunpeal.net/gallery

Offline spicylemon

• Sailor Scout
    • http://spicylemon.deviantart.com/
« Reply #42 on: September 04, 2006, 09:39:48 pm »
Aww, I wish I could have seen the Merry-Go-Round during the daytime with cosplayers~! My group and I went to the mall area at around 9pm-ish, and seeing the Merry-Go-Round when it was closed and dark was scary as hell!! As was going through that tunnel, omg. ;_______________;
LAWLIET!! XD

Suoh Tamaki - 2006
~~ yay for pinatas! WHOO!

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
« Reply #43 on: September 04, 2006, 09:41:10 pm »
heh, i was surprised how popular our Dragon Quest 8 costumes were! My sister and i had to many pics of us, it made me so happy XD tho there should have been more cosplayers form it, there were only 5 ;_;

it was a bit disorganized, but a lot was hotels fault, next year will be tons of fun too ^_^

one thing tho, might want to be careful witht he PG-13 stuff at the cosplay thing, TONS of kids there ^^;;;;
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline AzuKyo

• Chibi
    • NHRV
« Reply #44 on: September 04, 2006, 09:46:09 pm »
Quote from: "spicylemon"
LOL, omfgggggggg. Kumoricon this year ruled. This was only my second con, but I loved it about a bazillion times more than last years. Being Tamaki was the best~ >____<!!

AHAHAHAHAH, holy crap that was the best! I really wish I had known about the Random Panel beforehand, because that srsly made me laugh so harddddd, holy crap.

Wait... you wish you would have known about the random panel before hand?

No one knew about the random panel. As one of the original four, I didn't even know about it. But hey, 5 1/2 hours of buttoning goodness... oh man. That was truly the best.
RANDOM PANEL 2009! Anime Jeopardy 2009!

鳥の岐阜城 ー 7せんぱい、ありがとうございました。

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #45 on: September 04, 2006, 09:46:57 pm »
Kotoumi, you really were cute!! We might have been subconsciously stalking you~ XD Other Ouran cosplayers are like magnets!! You just have to stick to them!
xD
Everyone says that I'm cute!
It's crazy.  xD;

Ohman, that would be awesome.
I kept seeing Hosts all over the place!
Most of 'em gave me hugs =O
Hugs are spiffy.  <3

I took a tally of every Ouran cosplayer I saw.  Seriously.
Saturday - 15
Sunday - 22
Monday - 7

I even made a sign today that said "Watashi no Hosutobu...doko?  ;-;"
Excuse my saying "My" Host Club  =B

I knew I should have given out my email address to more people.  I had a bunch of paperslips with it on them.

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #46 on: September 04, 2006, 09:47:48 pm »
Quote from: "AzuKyo"

Wait... you wish you would have known about the random panel before hand?

No one knew about the random panel. As one of the original four, I didn't even know about it. But hey, 5 1/2 hours of buttoning goodness... oh man. That was truly the best.

The random pannel?

I don't...think that was planned?

Someone I know told me they just randomly hijacked a pannel or something and that's how it turned into that. :o
[/size]

Offline misssarah245

• Oni
« Reply #47 on: September 04, 2006, 09:48:39 pm »
Heh, this just happened today in fact:

Someone had placed a rather...obscene...looking pink tube balloon in the hole on the elevator door.  We pressed the button, expecting it to pop when the doors opened.  Instead the balloon...ermm...managed to do something even more obscene-looking, then fell to the ground, un-popped.  Silence...then:  "Don't worry, I'm sure it happens to lots of balloons"...xD  This event was made even better by the fact that A. someone was video taping it and B. we put the balloon back in the door for other people to enjoy.

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #48 on: September 04, 2006, 09:54:22 pm »
Aww, I wish I could have seen the Merry-Go-Round during the daytime with cosplayers~! My group and I went to the mall area at around 9pm-ish, and seeing the Merry-Go-Round when it was closed and dark was scary as hell!! As was going through that tunnel, omg. ;_______________;
I went on the merry-go-round twice.  x3
In my dress.
So I got to sidesaddle. x3
Man, that thing was fast.

The first time, my friend (the Slytherin I always was hanging out with) and I got on for the last ride of the night on Saturday.
"Aren't we lucky~?  =3"

The second time was right after the photoshoot on Sunday.
The same guy took our tokens and he said "You guys look familiar"
We just "Ehe ^^" and found horses.

But right before that, some cosplayers who were at the table behind us were just all "More cosplayers!  Yeah! *highfives*"

By the way, if anyone saw me, I sang a song from Sister Princess during free mic in the Karaoke room.
I was shaking so much and beet red, but with my SPF 15 coverup you couldn't really see that...>>

KumoriCon 2014

Offline Kotoumi

• Chibi
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #49 on: September 04, 2006, 09:55:54 pm »
Quote from: "kimiski"
Oh, my sister wants to know.
Whats the deal with the guy that got beat up?
If you mean that guy at the Ouran photoshoot,
they were all accidents.
o___o;

KumoriCon 2014