Author Topic: Augh, Makeup At Con!  (Read 2815 times)

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Augh, Makeup At Con!
« on: August 31, 2006, 10:23:29 pm »
Alright, as the title suggests, I need someone to help me out with makeup application at con (I need to look like a girl..I'm a guy). I'm going to have the stuff..I just need help applying because I don't have a clue what I am doing.

Here's a picture of the character I'm trying to look like: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/Trumby/References/Chloe/characterart05.jpg
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline lurkingpuppy

• Sailor Scout
Augh, Makeup At Con!
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2006, 10:37:38 pm »
Um....x.x....I can help you if you don't get a better offer.   I am a girl and do wear make-up regularly (daily) ^.~ , but I would not call myself an expert at applying it or anything.  >.<

I'm not sure all what you would need, either, as that character doesn't seem to be painted up too much.  Eye-liner, light shadow...?

But anyway, if you like, I am certainly willing to come to your aid!  ^.^
2006-Kanna (Inuyasha)
2007-L (Death Note)
2008-Rem (Death Note)
2009-Princess Peach (Nintendo)
2010-Mrs. Lovett (Sweeney Todd)
2011- ~Undertaker~ (Kuroshitsuji)

Offline shesinparties

• Oni
Augh, Makeup At Con!
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2006, 10:50:03 pm »
Heh...best of luck pulling off those eyebrows! If you aren't willing to pluck (and gods know that I would understand why you wouldn't be!) you can cover your eyebrows with parrafin wax and foundation and then draw them in.

Offline Kimiski

• Bunnygirl
    • Kimiski's Artwork
Augh, Makeup At Con!
« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2006, 12:49:10 am »
I guess I could try to help out as well.
Im not super amazing at make-up but Im pretty good.

Attendee since: 2004
Volunteer since: 2010
Staffer since: 2012

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Augh, Makeup At Con!
« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2006, 08:23:45 am »
Ohh cool, this helps tremendously. Was going to have my girlfriend help me but she's not staying at the hotel now <.<

Here's a link from cosplay.com on what they suggested I do: http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?p=1501171#post1501171

Mainly I'm just trying to get myself to look more like a girl in general, not necessarily just Chloe, if that makes any sense.

I'll be leaving here in around 2 to 2 and a half hours for the hotel (have to help setup) so I won't be able to check back on the forums after that unless someone lets me borrow their laptop.

But if any of you are going to be there tonight and getting up early (like before 7 early) or arriving early tomorrow morning, give my cell a call: 503-502-7995. Thanks SO much in advance to any of you that will actually be able to help me ^-^
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline Kouta

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.myspace.com/yukasumire
Augh, Makeup At Con!
« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2006, 09:11:10 am »
Hopefully you can get it right. If you have a beard shadow, get some red lipstick like bright nasty cheap red, then make lil dots around where the shadow is and mix it in with concealer. It will make it more red than the blue from the beardshadow. Then after the foundation and powder are on it, it will make it smooth. Otherwise... http://forums.cosplay.com/showthread.php?t=91199 has some nice techniques as well. It also depends alot on the hair, if you can hide your cheeks as much as possible then you can get away with less makeup.
but i suck with this kinda stuff... >.>
edit: and if you see me around tonight there... ya can talk with me, and i can try to help if no one else is there to do so :3

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
Augh, Makeup At Con!
« Reply #6 on: September 01, 2006, 09:27:55 am »
sleep over make-up party!!!, sorry that just burst out...
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Augh, Makeup At Con!
« Reply #7 on: September 01, 2006, 10:00:48 am »
Aye Kouta, I actually printed out that thread (well the looking female part) ^-^

I'll be running around doing setup so I'm not sure how much free time I'll have tonight but if I see you (or you see me) I'll come chat with you for a bit about it.