Author Topic: Budgeting your trip.  (Read 4815 times)

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
Budgeting your trip.
« on: July 14, 2004, 08:56:29 am »
What is a good amount approximation of how much money I should plan on the con costing me?
I live in Sutherlin, OR so I will be travelling up.
Zombie bunnys are edible play toys

Offline Marik

• Sailor Scout
Budgeting your trip.
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2004, 09:22:32 am »
Well, let's see.  Rooms are $89/night, plus tax so figure an extra $5/night.  The cheapest way to go for food is to buy stuff for sandwiches and such like at a grocery store.  Hotel room coffeemakers are great for making cup-o-noodles.  ^_^  You can easily get through the weekend on $20 this way.  Otherwise you can expect $20-$30/day for eating out.  The real expense, though, is buying stuff in the dealer room.  You can easily spend hundreds of dollars in an hour if you're not careful.  So much great stuff...

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Budgeting your trip.
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2004, 09:25:49 am »
It kinda depends on several factors when you think about it on how much it will cost.  Will you be bringing food, buying some there, traveling by car or bus or train, will you have to buy gas, how many people are staying with you in the hotel and for how long, and then how much you're willing to spend on random anime stuff.
Anyway, just start calculating some of these things and it may give you a better idea.
Then there's how often you're pickpocketed... (just kidding, ^_^)

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Budgeting your trip.
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2004, 09:27:35 am »
Quote from: "Marik"
Well, let's see.  Rooms are $89/night, plus tax so figure an extra $5/night.

Wait... tax?  This is Oregon.  We have no sales tax.

Offline Marik

• Sailor Scout
Budgeting your trip.
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2004, 09:28:25 am »
No, but there is a hotel tax.  It's pretty small, though, $5 is probably more than it actually is.

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Budgeting your trip.
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2004, 07:25:26 pm »
try to find some other in that area and see if you can carpool if your gonna drive

if you stay at the hotel i recomend 300-400$$ so you got plenty of spending money
i spent like 200 at sc and it was all well spent

Offline Takmai

• Sailor Scout
    • http://takmai.deviantart.com
Budgeting your trip.
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2004, 11:44:42 pm »
>:D Make your parental unit take you.  Shove them in a corner until they're needed.

...This doesn't work.  I tried.  They always seem to remember the amout of money you "borrowed" from them.
It doesn't matter whether you win or squelch, but how you play the tuba.

Offline Magnus777

• Sailor Scout
Ok
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2004, 09:40:21 am »
Well I have one guy going with me so far.
And we will be traveling by car, it's a 3-4hr drive depending on how much we speed.

Food...Well....I plan on eating some very bad instant consumables that are guaranteed to be bad for me. But one night we are probably going out for sushi.

Hotel..we are still looking for more people too split that cost with us.

Buying stuff at the con, that though is another story. I am going to be one poor man when I leave, and I know it ahead of time. That I think is a useful thing too know ahead of time. Leave some money at home!

Anyone else from Douglas county?
Zombie bunnys are edible play toys

Offline zenix

• Chibi
Budgeting your trip.
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2004, 01:02:36 pm »
you may be poor in money but u will be rich in anime :lol: