Author Topic: calling all Eugene/Springfield area people!!!  (Read 16958 times)

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
    • http://www.ronime.net/
calling all Eugene/Springfield area people!!!
« on: July 10, 2004, 09:51:05 pm »
any from this area that would like to get togeterh would be fun ^^ im right by gateway mall (those who live here know it, those who were here last kumori know it as well XD)

we should all go to food or mall or something... be fun to meet many of you, or see old faces yet again!

hope to see some people posting on dis :3
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

http://www.ronime.net

Offline Takmai

• Sailor Scout
    • http://takmai.deviantart.com
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2004, 08:06:46 am »
If I can get there, It'd be cool. :D

Unfortunately its like a two hour drive.  If I can talk my mom into going to visit my Aunt though... Hmmm...
It doesn't matter whether you win or squelch, but how you play the tuba.

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2004, 08:02:03 am »
be great if you could ^^ so how bout anyone else? gotta be more of ya!
beware the ronime XD

Whats the point in being the director if i cant be evil dictator every once in a while?

Offline Oubeji

• Chibi
    • http://oubeji.deviantart.com/
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2004, 03:08:43 pm »
It's about a two hour drive for me too, I won't be able to go. But isn't there a more frequent 'official' kumorikon meeting taking place near Eugene that you would be able to go to?
-A.I-

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 10:43:36 am »
I must have misssed this thread before. I live in Eugene and go over to gateway mall all the time. PM me with contact info and we could hook something up.
And now I'm a catgirl?

The voice of the one I love
was all I could hear as I lay broken in the darkness
My own voice faltered
My wings no longer had the strength to fly
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Zen

• Cabbit
    • Teh Facebook
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2004, 11:37:26 pm »
I must've missed it as well since I live in Eugene. I don't go to Gateway Mall very often though just to see movies. You can PM me if you want and maybe I'll get back to you.
"The World... Yes! Seek freedom, and your world will stand stretched out before your eyes. If the endless dream guides your spirits. Conquer it! Bear Conviction behind your flag!"

-Former Pirate King, Gol D. Roger

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2004, 02:18:09 am »
I'm, like, 5 minutes drive from Gateway Mall. Let me know if you work something out. :)

By the way, Gateway Mall has great DDR, for any fans who might be driving from elsewhere. (Well, cheap DDR Extreme Machines, at least)
A member of Eugene Cosplayers. Come hang out with us.

Kumori Con 2010 Cosplays:

Link (The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess)
Apollo Justice

Isoconetic

Meeting time possibly. :-)
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2004, 08:56:26 pm »
Well I'm not too far of a drive from Gateway Mall, over on the U of O campus. Unfortunatley I've probably never seen half of the members here since Kumoricon due to the fact that my janitorial job keeps me from the Thursday night meetings that are held here on campus.

Anyways before I start rambling too much it would be good to meet other members. If there is some time to meet up that you have in mind, then
just PM me or e-mail me at: Isoconetic@yahoo.com sometime.

Iso.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2004, 11:35:50 pm »
i rarely have free time, but i'm in eugene and finally have a car that runs
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline SenahbirdR

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2004, 07:14:55 am »
Heya! I reside in Eugene and would not mind meeting some new faces with common interests. This will be my first Anime Convention, same for my friend Matt who is the one with a car. I am on AIM quite a bit so if you want to discuss anime or games give me a ring.

Ah by the way. I send an email to the Bijou Theatre requesting the Inu Yasha Movie! I recieved a very prompt response saying they would look into it with interest as well as an idea that perhaps a regular series of showings for Adult Swim cartoons and anime! ROCK!
Knight of Nereis
Bard of Maefwain

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2004, 03:05:59 pm »
Regarding the Bijou thingy, what I'd REALLY like to see them do is play FF: Advent Children when it comes out over here.  They played the Cowboy Bebop movie right around the time it was released here, and it was fun to posse up and go see that.  If they played Advent Children, they'd sell out every show probably.

Figures... Find the thread like a month after it's born.  Heh!  =^@.@^=

PezCat (frequent visitor of Tilt's DDR pads at Gateway)
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2004, 11:53:44 pm »
i have friends who work at the bijou so i can check on and recommend things readily. i went there to see their late night hentai
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #12 on: August 11, 2004, 11:43:53 am »
I'd quite prefer it if they showed something other than hentai. Regular anime movies need publicity as it is.

Apollo Justice

Offline Ronime

• Chibi
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2004, 08:20:09 pm »
heh, would be great to gettogether with any of you ^^

just PM me if ya wanna make plans ^^
beware the ronime XD

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2004, 08:55:50 pm »
I'm planning on hitting either Tilt or Putters Saturday afternoon sometime for a DDR run if anyone's interested in either site...

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2004, 08:13:40 am »
I might go with, since putters is real close to my house, however I won't be doing any DDR(not a big fan) but let me know if your going.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2004, 08:08:37 pm »
Well, I figure I'll be heading out that way somewhere in the 1pm-2pm range, most likely, then I'll be there for as long as it takes for me to get tired.  Anyone who wants to come with is more than welcome!  =^~.~^=

Scratch that noise.  Stupid flu bug bit me and isn't going away, so I'll be sleeping Saturday instead.  =^x.x^=

PezCat

=^..^=

foist paragon

« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2004, 11:15:44 pm »
Quote from: "Radien"
I'm, like, 5 minutes drive from Gateway Mall. Let me know if you work something out. :)

By the way, Gateway Mall has great DDR, for any fans who might be driving from elsewhere. (Well, cheap DDR Extreme Machines, at least)
sorry but it has the worst machines around. the best machines are located at Putters, All That and More, and the EMU

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: August 16, 2004, 07:54:58 pm »
Quote from: "foist paragon"
sorry but it has the worst machines around. the best machines are located at Putters, All That and More, and the EMU

Movies 17's machine was in good condition last time I went there. It just lacks some unlock codes. But on the plus side, it isn't competing with other loud machines.

All That and More has the best machine, but that's all there is there for anyone over the age of 12. And it's a long, long drive from where I live. Putters is too, but the reason I stopped going there was because they didn't upgrade to Extreme (I don't know if they have since then).

And for all of those locations in general, the reason I didn't mention them is because -- at the time -- it wasn't a DDR trip. I just thought I'd point it out in case anyone came out of town and wanted to play. :P

Apollo Justice

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #19 on: August 16, 2004, 08:42:13 pm »
The Putters machine is an Extreme mix one, I do know that much.  A few months ago it's pad was just dead... but a couple weeks ago I went out there and their DDR pad was pretty much in perfect operating order... I didn't notice it drop a single step - whereas the one at Tilt, for example, will occasionally just decide it doesn't like you anymore and kill your 300-step combo on a whim.  I feel sorry for the guys there who bust their rears fixing it once a week too (and yes, they do in fact crack it open to do repairs that often).

PezCat (who now goes back to entering 100+ registrations into the database)

=^..^=

dmstudios3

TO BIG GUY
« Reply #20 on: August 17, 2004, 12:29:35 am »
I live in Pleasant Hill, which isn't that far from Gateway.  I would love to possibly get together and do anime things or something.  It would be fun.  And I'm going to K-Con, too!
yeah!

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: August 17, 2004, 12:10:21 pm »
I hate Tilt. They are the ultimate in lazy. Whenever they say the machine is "sent off for repairs," there's a 95% chance it's actually in back waiting for an employee to mess with it. Places like Tilt hire guys who just graduated from community colleges with electronics degrees, so they can get repairs without really paying for them. The guys work hard, but they just aren't equipped to fix this kind of stuff yet. And if they aren't capable of a proper repair, Tilt never asks for someone else to do it.

I didn't know Putters had finally upgraded. I'll keep that in mind. However, you're much closer to that location, PezCat, and now that it's summer, my friends go to Camp Putt for mini-golf. So I'm not out at Putters very often.

Apollo Justice

Offline SenahbirdR

• Cabbit
« Reply #22 on: August 17, 2004, 03:46:06 pm »
I think we should try to get some of us together this weekend, wether DDR Is involved or not : P We can all get together and eat at the food court or something and see who we all are or hit up something like a sushi place. Anyway, I'll try to PM some of you as the weekend nears.
Knight of Nereis
Bard of Maefwain

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2004, 04:20:36 pm »
Radien:  Can't fault your logic, Rad.  Though I have to admit I think my experiences with the staff there is a lot more positive.  Then again, that could partially be because I've slowly started to get to know them over the last several months.  I hit Tilt alot because it's close to my work, so I run over on my lunch breaks frequently.  Today in particular the pads were actually the best they've been in a LONG time.  I didn't have a single dropped step today, including freezes due to the pads.  It's a nice feeling to pick up those 3 AA's in a row - particularly when the pad doesn't kill your combo because it's feeling angsty.

Senahbird:  Perhaps.  God knows LAST weekend sucked for me.  Stupid cold.

*goes off to find a post he's spent the last hour looking for*

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #24 on: August 18, 2004, 01:08:58 am »
SenahbirdR:

Sushi is good. Hey, Costco sells sushi platters. They're inexpensive, but huge, and sushi doesn't keep for more than 24 hours (and still taste good, at least). If anybody would like to partake of that, maybe we can work something out sometime.

Probably not worth it before the con, though, because why have Costco when we can stop by a tasty, cheap sushi place in the Portland area?...

Pezcat:

Oh, my experiences with the staff aren't bad, persay. Actually, the decisions I'm talking about might not even be left up to the manager, depending on how chain-oriented Tilt is (and from what I can tell, it is "very"). When the machine's pad screws up, though, they always replace my tokens, to their credit (pun intended :P).

The U of O gets points for the best service, though, and that's obviously because Tyler works there, and the student employees were the ones who convinced the EMU to get a DDR machine in the first place.

Apollo Justice

Offline SenahbirdR

• Cabbit
« Reply #25 on: August 20, 2004, 01:59:53 pm »
Okay, I'm tired and cannot think straight due to yelling with the boss coupled with sleep deprivation.
So for Saturday unless someone thinks of something else how about we just meet up at the Gateway food court around  1 or 2 to get to know each other and what not. And of course we can go do something from there if someone likes.
I'll be the tall goofy guy in glasses wearing shorts and my bubba hotep t shirt who answers to the name Bryan. I'll be checking this before heading out so any better plans do tell.
Its been interesting reading everyone's DDR experiences. I like hearing about other's experiences.
Knight of Nereis
Bard of Maefwain

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #26 on: September 08, 2004, 05:59:22 am »
anyone local into some kind of post-con, celebratory get-together?

Offline SenahbirdR

• Cabbit
« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2004, 08:10:19 pm »
Definately. Name a time and place and I am likely to attend.
This was my first con and even though I missed half of it due to an emergency, what I saw was just awesome!!!
Knight of Nereis
Bard of Maefwain

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2004, 12:45:16 am »
well, if ghost in the shell 2: innocence opens down here, we could go see that.

i'm also interested in "hero"

and just for giggles, there's a comedy/adventure at the 1.50 featuring jackie chan.....

Offline reyn_grey

• Cabbit
    • http://photos.yahoo.com/runningwest
« Reply #29 on: April 28, 2005, 10:16:45 am »
Hi! I am out in Lorane which is only about a 20, 25 min drive to Eugene and usually go to Gateway Mall on saturdays. I would love to meet up with people! Kumoricon will b emy first anime convention and I am really excited!! (yeah I know that sounds dweeby, OH WELL!)

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: April 28, 2005, 03:08:09 pm »
fridays and saturdays are my days to go running around, usually to the mall, you gonna by there this week?
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Radien

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #31 on: April 28, 2005, 04:10:40 pm »
Well, I have a lot of free time until I start back on a job.  And Gateway Mall is 5-10 minutes drive away from my house. If you want to do something, I could easily join in, if you like. :)

Apollo Justice

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: April 29, 2005, 07:50:58 pm »
maybe we could at some point all get together and do something cute.

like dress in elegant gothic lolita and go see lemony snickett's a series of unfortunate events.

Offline rosaryblue

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #33 on: May 02, 2005, 12:47:14 am »
I was at the Gateway Mall this past weekend.  Had to pay homage to the former grounds of Kumoricon Year One.  Afterwards, bought some anime DVDs at Best Buy.

Offline Teshinun

• Cabbit
    • http://cg.habitz.net
« Reply #34 on: May 07, 2005, 02:05:01 am »
I live in the area, I think it'd be interesting to meet people who will be going to the con.  I noticed this topic was started in 2004, but there's a few recent posts so if people want to get together, post a response :)
cg.habitz.net: Love your ASCII.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: May 07, 2005, 04:47:54 pm »
how about a mass outing to a movie sometime soon?

i am jonesing to see all the following:

lemony snickett's an unfortunate series of events
constantine
sin city
kung fu hustle
hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy

if anyone's going to any of these soon write or call me
ellen

Offline Teshinun

• Cabbit
« Reply #36 on: May 08, 2005, 01:26:42 am »
Sin City was good, Hitchiker I had mixed feelings about.  I haven't seen any of the others yet though.  I've heard Kung Fu Hustle was realy funny.  Since I'm a graveyard worker I'm compelled to ask, what are good hours to call?

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2005, 12:29:25 pm »
the most reliable times to reach me are when i'm at work
i will pm you with info

meantime,  :(  :cry: my boyfriend went and saw hitchhiker's guide without me last night  :?

so i definitely will be looking to see that with someone soon

Offline Teshinun

• Cabbit
« Reply #38 on: May 09, 2005, 02:29:24 am »
awww, how sad :(  

I shall go read my PM's now :)

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #39 on: May 09, 2005, 09:37:35 am »
Hey I work Graveyard too. where do you work?
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #40 on: May 09, 2005, 09:53:33 am »
hey, beau! have you seen hitchhiker's guide yet? would you go with me sometime?

*pouts at boyfriend going without her*

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #41 on: May 09, 2005, 10:16:18 am »
Yeah I went and saw it, If I can find some free time we should try to go.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #42 on: May 09, 2005, 11:06:43 am »
sweet! was it really good enough to see twice? that's a real benchmark of a keeper film!

Offline Teshinun

• Cabbit
« Reply #43 on: May 09, 2005, 01:36:04 pm »
Quote from: "BigGuy"
Hey I work Graveyard too. where do you work?

I work night audit for a hotel.  It's fairly easy, but realy boring.  Works well for going to college though.  Where do you spend your nights?

Offline BigGuy

• Catgirl
« Reply #44 on: May 09, 2005, 03:38:01 pm »
I work at Winco in Eugene putting stuff on the shelf. I've been there a while so they pay me pretty well, plus I get all kinds of benefits.
And now I'm a catgirl?

My own voice faltered
 -Lagoon Engine Einsatz-

Offline Teshinun

• Cabbit
« Reply #45 on: May 09, 2005, 07:31:49 pm »
good stuff, paid well with benefits is always nice :)

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #46 on: May 10, 2005, 01:58:34 pm »
actually, i had thought about getting a hotel/motel job at some point. the job i have now, interferes with hours for some of the classes i want to take in the fall. don't suppose there are any openings? what are the qualifications? are you allowed to do homework between clients?

Offline Teshinun

• Cabbit
« Reply #47 on: May 22, 2005, 09:56:30 am »
It depends on the shift that you work.  Generaly the 7am - 3pm and the 11pm - 7am shifts allow for a decent ammount of study.  However, the 3pm - 11pm shift is usualy busy enough that you wont get much done.  Unless of course you get a job at a small hotel.  If they aren't busy or simply don't have a lot of rooms to sell then you'll have more free time.  It still depends on the particular hotel though and what your responsibilities are.  Some places leave you idel with nothing to do between guests, other places make you fold laundry, clean the grounds, etc. while you wait.  So, I would say if you don't have a job already you may look in to it, it's a good job for school if you find the rite hotel to work for.