Author Topic: Cosplay Alert: new Hotel Security restrictions!  (Read 2833 times)

Offline Runa

• Catgirl
Cosplay Alert: new Hotel Security restrictions!
« on: August 29, 2006, 09:19:38 am »
Apparently the hotel has gone uber paranoid about weapons, masks and suchlike. I understand the change, but I really wish the hotel would have told us sooner.... remember: this is not the fault of KumoriCon, but rather some  :evil:  paranoid manager type who assumes that the lot of us are all psychotic...

This change will absolutely RUIN my katamari costume... :cry:  I'm going to have to figure out how I can alter it (gently) so that I can remove the face cover section without damaging it much (that way I can restore it if I'm at an event that does allow full masks).  :x  

SO, be prepared... you may have some last-minute changes to your costume to fit it within the policies...it's better to be warned now that you have a few days to make changes. Good luck!

From KumoriCon web site
Due to negotiations with hotel security, Kumoricon policy must be ammended as follows:

Absolutely no metal props will be allowed within Kumoricon convention space. This includes but is not limited to prop swords and stage steel.

No masks or other items which obscure an attendees face from view may be worm while in the corridors and common areas of the hotel.

No airsoft guns will be permitted. Plastic toy guns are acceptable, if not designed to fire a projectile. Guns must be obvious fakes at a distance of ten feet.

As always, props cannot be brandished in any way. Only when posing for a still photo may props be held in any manner that could be deamed threatening.

The staff of Kumoricon entends our apologies to anyone adversely affected by this policy change. If you have any questions, please ask at peacebonding when you pick up your badge at con, or refer to the forum thread in General Discussion, “Prop Policy Change”.

Offline Irate Beldam

• Chibi
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2006, 10:20:32 am »
Aw, fart on a stick. :evil:

There goes my ranom kitty mask costume. :/

At least I hadn't bought the mask, yet. I was gonna in like two hours. o.O;
[/size]

Offline kylite

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2006, 10:32:10 am »
I was gonna try to do Guy Faux from "V for Vendetta" but that got shot down LOL
Yojimbo Assistant Manager, Hopeless Flirt
Work: Monday-Friday 12:30-9:39pm
We don't need Kira... we have kylite.  - randompvg

Offline {m}

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2006, 06:27:16 pm »
So does that mean a half mask ((Kakashi's to be precise)) would be okay?

I hope so, it really wouldn't be Kakashi without it would it?

I guess I could become a "Random ninja" >.<
Hmmm what to do next year?

Who saw the SnJ Kakashi?!

Offline Janice

• Cabbit
    • http://aleyed.deviantart.com
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2006, 07:57:44 pm »
Quote from: "kylite"
I was gonna try to do Guy Faux from "V for Vendetta" but that got shot down LOL

OMG THAT would be AMAZING!!  Too bad :(  Maybe next year! :)  If you do, tell me.  I wanna be Evie!

Offline Aurora

• Chibi
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2006, 10:42:19 am »
What!  No airsoft guns?  There goes my carefully thought out plan......T_T