Author Topic: Cosplay Trouble  (Read 2759 times)

Offline heavana

• Oni
Cosplay Trouble
« on: August 21, 2006, 02:39:32 pm »
I'm considering going as LuLu from FF X and X-2 for the 2007 con, but I can't find a LuLu wig. Can anybody help?
~Erin~

Offline kawaiipunkd

• Cabbit
Cosplay Trouble
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2006, 03:25:34 pm »
katie blair does good wigs, but it's a little too late to go to her, I'd suggest getting a wig on your own, and styling it with wefts that you sew in, and just do it yourself.

I can't think of any sites that actually sell lulu or any anime wigs already styled that can get to you before the con.
Kumori 2006 line-up
Santa Mars - 100%
Sakura Kinomoto (Neko style!) - 90%
Sakura Kinomoto (pink salmon) - 95%
Gaara's Oiroke no Jutsu - 100%!
Yuna (FFX2- Yukata) - 50%
China Girl - 96%
Reno (ff7) - 100%

Offline PinqFuu

• Sailor Scout
    • pinqcouture
Cosplay Trouble
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2006, 03:40:46 pm »
if your hair is dark like hers, you can go ahead and put it up in a bun and style the bangs, if your hair is capable. You can buy clip in hair extensions and braid those individually to get her braids.

If your hair is of a different color, but you're willing to dye it, you can buy cheap dye and do it at home, or ask someone to help you.
It's hard being pinq.

Offline heavana

• Oni
Cosplay Trouble
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2006, 01:34:20 pm »
oh, im not planning for this year. i'm planning for next year. so katie blair, hmm, i'll look into that. thnx!
~Erin~

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Cosplay Trouble
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2006, 02:49:16 pm »
Her name is actually Katie Bair and here's her website:

http://www.pettingzoowigs.com/wigs.html
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline KanaM

• Cabbit
    • http://www.livejournal.com/~miyavichik
Cosplay Trouble
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2006, 10:43:30 pm »
Are you going to do dreads or braids? and are you planning on doing the corn-row like things?

I'd say, if your hair is dark and you arent doing the corn rows,  just go ahead and use your own hair, and buy some braid wefts, or look into making dreadsyourself (it really isnt too hard), using wool or synthetic hair.

if you are doing the corn rows, I'd say go with a wig, so that it doesnt't take so long to get ready when you wear the costume.  Though, I would get the wig proffesionally done, and not try and do it yourself, since it is really hard to put corn-rows into a wig and make it look good  :D