Author Topic: Alerting the Media  (Read 3058 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Alerting the Media
« on: July 29, 2006, 01:06:17 am »
We got a nice Entertainment-section spread a few years back in the paper, any plans to get coverage this year? The local news may be interested in a "what's-going-on-this-weekend" sort of way...

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
Alerting the Media
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 06:45:24 am »
Yeah, I read that article in the Oregonian on one of my breaks at work and that's how I learned of Kumoricon! It was published on Friday before the con and I had to work that Saturday and Sunday, but I grabbed my friend Patrick to go on Monday, which come to find out since it's the last day there isn't a whole heck of alot going on, but the game room is where we spent most of our time anyway, it's where I first played Soul Calibur for X-box and noticed there's a character on there with my name!! OMG! Cassandra rocks! ^.^ But, yeah, thank the gods for the entertainment section, lol.
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Alerting the Media
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 09:54:22 am »
I actually alerted some of the forumites that we were in the newspaper when it came out.  It ended up shocking quite a few people including, I think, some of the staff at the time.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Alerting the Media
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 02:21:20 pm »
From what was said at the last meeting, publicity (I'm not part of it) has said they will be doing this with a bunch of different newspapers (that's at least what I got out of what she said).
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
Alerting the Media
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 02:01:51 am »
Well, it should probably be done soon then, so we get some advance notice out.

Offline Trumby

• Bunnygirl
Alerting the Media
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 03:40:37 pm »
That was also addressed by the same person (can't remember her name..don't hurt me). They do the newspaper stuff around a week/week and a half out I believe is what they said, because most people who see it in the paper will probably forget about it if it's done sooner than that and I believe they said the newspapers don't like running the adds for things over a week away or something like that.
2011 New Cosplay Plans: Boba Fett, Hoshi (Arakawa Under the Bridge), Malcolm Reynolds

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Alerting the Media
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 04:34:19 pm »
I believe that was Darkerlight. I sent her a PM to ask about what to do down here in Eugene, but no response yet.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Negima

• Bunnygirl
Alerting the Media
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 07:34:17 pm »
Quote from: "jaybug"
I believe that was Darkerlight. I sent her a PM to ask about what to do down here in Eugene, but no response yet.

Maybe a little article in Ticket or in the 20Below section?
(True the convention isn't just for people below 20 years old but they recently ran an article about anime.)

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
Alerting the Media
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 08:30:28 am »
What about televised news?  Has anyone tried to get a hold of some news stations?
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh