Author Topic: Pocky Club Meeting: Portland?  (Read 8647 times)

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
Pocky Club Meeting: Portland?
« on: July 19, 2006, 06:45:34 am »
OK, since it seems that our plan of going to the beach excludes, oh, everyone, we need to meet somewhere more local.

So even though i'm sending this out in the newsletter let me post it here.

Unless some of you arranged for rides to Lincoln City without letting me know, I'm the only one with a way out there and (if I'm lucky) I'd only be able to give one of you a ride. since this is clearly unacceptable, the meeting is going to be moved to the hotel.

Here is the plan. All of the people who can drive and will have to drive in from out of town will go up to the Red Lion on the river. Earlier that same day, those of you who don't have rides will meet up with me at a MAX stop with all day tickets and I will show you how to get to the hotel.

A lot of you guys are out on the West Side and since that's where I grew up (I only moved to Beaverton after all) I can definitely help you get to the hotel from there.

So please, reply to this thread or PM me or even reply to the newsletter!
But please, join us at the meeting and let me know how I can help you get there!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!
Pocky Club President 2005-2010

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2006, 10:25:43 am »
I will talk to my mom and my dad tonight then. :] There's the mall really close to the hotel that we passed (-sniker- Linens n things...) on the way out that I'm sure my father and my sister could find something to do... oh yes, there's a haunted Ferriswheel. :]

I'lll have a talk with the family tonight and I'll get back to you. :]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2006, 11:21:23 am »
what day would this be?
i also might =be able maybe to make it to thhe meeting
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2006, 12:23:10 pm »
Quote from: "Neko_Chan"
There's the mall really close to the hotel that we passed

I dunno if I would exactly call that a mall, haha I do want to see the haunted ferris wheel though =D

You should just hop on over to the Vancouver mall since you wouldbe so close, not a great mall but it is decent

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2006, 12:59:37 pm »
OK, the meeting will be in a week and a half. That means we would be meeting on Saturday the 29th or Sunday the 30th. At this point it really just depends on how many people vote for a day.

I would prefer sunday personally but I understand if work gets in the way on either.

I've gotten a lot of feedback to the newsletter this time. Thanks y'all.

I think that meeting at the Jantzen Beach Super Center (they call it that instead of a mall) and riding the haunted carousel would be pretty cool.We could all walk across the island to the hotel and check it all out.

so can you make it to the meeting Leashy?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2006, 06:14:52 pm »
I vote for the 30th. :]

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2006, 09:46:08 am »
29 THROUGH 30! :|D
I like goats.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2006, 06:13:39 pm »
OK princess. If people want to do a sleepover style party on that saturday night, I think we might be able to arrange something. I have some roomates and am 27 so it's a pretty safe environment but I doubt a lot of the minors out there would be able to convince their guardians to be left in my care.

I'm an Eagle scout though! I can be trustworthy, c'mon!

Having a party at my place would be fun, we could watch the mini moni movie, show each other cool stuff we've found online, EAT POCKY.... we'd be in Beaverton though. I can't afford to get a hotel room, especially on the coast. So-REE!

A bigger problem would be convincing my roomates to let me have a bunch of fangirls crashing on our living room floor. Heh. ^_^;

That is, officially, one vote for the 30th.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #8 on: July 20, 2006, 06:22:39 pm »
29!
I like goats.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2006, 08:53:50 am »
:roll:
Can we get some more votes people?
Surely someone else in Portland will be able to make it!
Jaz?
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2006, 09:50:03 am »
halala, a fight between Neko and Princess!?! OH GEE WILIKERS
-I had a strange dream about this meeting...If I remeebered the intire thing I'd be able to tell you how it goes. lolx I see....white...lolx-
I like goats.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2006, 10:16:39 am »
I'll put out a thing on the Myspace Kumoricon community, and maybe the LJ community if we get the time down.

I would so win that fight. :] I got suspended from school this year for that reason. You wana go? x] I'll punch you outtaah (Just kiddin', I wouldn't hurt Princess. :3)

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2006, 11:15:52 am »
I got suspended this year to for breaking over 3 national laws. XD
of course you wouldnt hurt me, you COULDNT hurtme, halalalala
any-hooters, go for it Neko
I like goats.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #13 on: July 21, 2006, 02:33:48 pm »
agg i would preffer the 29th but i can make the 30 th work so if it came down to it 30 but an offical vote for the 29th i must admit tho it might be nice to hit uwajimaya one more time before kumoricon i was there the other week and saw an ad for a hawiian festival august 20 wih yummy shaved ice just a thought
on subject
i'm glad this a weekend i can make either way, the next two weekend i'm out of town kendo boyfriend is geting iado tested to see if he can pass another rank and the testing is in seattle i wonder if i can talk him into stoping by the uwajimaya there?...

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #14 on: July 21, 2006, 02:50:00 pm »
OK dumb question, but what exactly is the pocky club?

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2006, 06:16:33 pm »
OK that's two votes for Saturday the 29th. I will speak with my friends and see what votes I get from the RL Pocky club members (like... the one with a car...) and have the official date soon.For now, plan on coming up here Saturday if you can Nekochan. I'm sure your dad can find something to do in Portland right?

The date REALLY is decided by when Neko can come up here. If she can't get a lift then I think we'll go with Sunday.  Riku, I can meet up with you in Hillsboro if you wanna take the bus together.

Finally Jaz, we could meet up at the Uwajimaya in the morning and then carpool our way up to the hotel! It'd be great fun!

Xi_chan, Pocky Club is a group of people dedicated to spreading happiness, joy, and world peace through cosplay and Pocky. We meet up to hang out and eat pocky and at the convention we act as a delivery service. We send out our specially trained delivery cosplayers to visit people and give them Pocky to cheer them up!

You can send a pockygram to a friend by stopping by the Pocky club table or the Pocky club panel and filling out a request form. You can even choose what character delivers and what kind of pocky to give your friend! It cheers people up and makes the con a lot more fun for everybody!

Pocky Club is run on donations and the magic of the Silver Heart Crystal!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #16 on: July 21, 2006, 07:15:47 pm »
My mother says that the 29th would work better. :]

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2006, 10:00:11 pm »
Ahhh so thats what it is. Sounds fun. I might have to get one of those pockygram things.

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #18 on: July 22, 2006, 10:39:59 am »
Quote from: "Xi_chan"
Ahhh so thats what it is. Sounds fun. I might have to get one of those pockygram things.

You should. :] Although, you can't order them for yourself... You can order it for a friend and ask for some. xD;

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2006, 01:28:37 pm »
yeah, haha
so where is teh meeting gonna be? if said before sorry...err..no...that'd be lieing...I'm not sorry. lolx XD just challenged. so yeah...where now? =3
I wonder if i can bring Bella....doubt it but hey. lolx
I like goats.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #20 on: July 24, 2006, 06:25:14 am »
OK, so it's settled. we're meeting on Saturday!

So I was thinking, since some of you need to stop by Uwajimaya anyway we could meet up at Uwajimaya early (like....10am?) and have some food before we head up to the hotel.

We've got how many people for sure?
Myself, Riku, Neko, Jaz and Chris. Hopefully we'll be getting more too, but I'll have to email them. do you think we could all fit in Chris' car Jaz?  :P

Either way, if it's just us there we should be able to make it across Portland without resorting to the use of buses.

I'm also hoping that i'll be able to convince my friend the baldric maker to come with me instead of hanging around her house-with-no-AC. That would mean one more car (and maybe a Riku getting picked up!) Heh heh heh.

What's the availability of everyone on Saturday since Neko's managed to convince her mom that Portland is teh roxxors!
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #21 on: July 24, 2006, 10:35:29 am »
aaaaaa let me see kendo boyfriend was saying he wanted my eternal love and devotion.. this could be a way for him to get it...(besides me getting his old ps2 when he gets a ps3 so wanting ps3 to come out soon..)
on subject i dont for see a prolem, i wont be abe to confirm till late tonigh cuz kendo boy has iiado tonight
i czn also talk bout meeting 1 i have a poster for pocky club to sign to aution off for charitie, i was also thinking it would probably go for more money if we attached somthing to it like who buys it  can make the first pocky club order for next years con somthing like that
also we have been asked if we could do some intertaing or filler during the karaoke contest (its a good chance to boost pocky club)b

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2006, 10:41:08 am »
Quote from: "superjaz3p"
aaaaaa let me see kendo boyfriend was saying he wanted my eternal love and devotion.. this could be a way for him to get it...(besides me getting his old ps2 when he gets a ps3 so wanting ps3 to come out soon..)
on subject i dont for see a prolem, i wont be abe to confirm till late tonigh cuz kendo boy has iiado tonight
i czn also talk bout meeting 1 i have a poster for pocky club to sign to aution off for charitie, i was also thinking it would probably go for more money if we attached somthing to it like who buys it  can make the first pocky club order for next years con somthing like that
also we have been asked if we could do some intertaing or filler during the karaoke contest (its a good chance to boost pocky club)b

OMG NEKO CHAN. <33 I want to help with the entertaining. I am so good at this stuff, I was in an improv troupe this past year.

Okay, so what we'll do is we'll have everyone meet up at Uwajimaya and then we'll get back in Chris' car to head over to the spot? Mkay. It sounds good to me. I still have the Pocky Club Megaphone in the bakc of my moms car. x_x Haha.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #23 on: July 24, 2006, 10:43:05 am »
yes and neko the cool part is i get to be a judge for it and do a specile song too! i'll go over detail later

Offline Waffles

• Bunnygirl
    • http://myspace.com/skelewhore
« Reply #24 on: July 24, 2006, 04:15:49 pm »
wouldnt it be best to have the meeting during the staffers last meeting?
Good, Bad,  i'm the guy with the gun.

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #25 on: July 24, 2006, 06:22:27 pm »
NO GAH NO NO NO GAH EW GAH
*COUGH* I mean..no, it is best if it is not. <.<   >.>
I got beeph lolx
any-hoo so Uwajimaya???????? THEN hotel? in Kendo bois car? lolx
I like goats.

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #26 on: July 25, 2006, 09:37:08 am »
Quote from: "xRIxKUx"
NO GAH NO NO NO GAH EW GAH
*COUGH* I mean..no, it is best if it is not. <.<   >.>
I got beeph lolx
any-hoo so Uwajimaya???????? THEN hotel? in Kendo bois car? lolx

No skits or karaoke for the Princess? Awwww.....

Yes, that is the plan.

I am going to be calling my friends with cars tonight to try and convince them to come with. If we get an extra vehicle I will probably be able to convince my girlfriend to come and bring her little sister Kelly, who is like, 13 now? I can never remember how old that kid is.

Anyway, would you guys be able to meet up at 10 or 11 at Uwajimaya? I want to eat there before we leave. I also want to have enough flexibility in the time table for the rest of the meeting so that we don't drag Neko's mom and he friend atround. They should have fun in Portland too.

Hmmm.... i've got a break coming, I think i'll go resend this info to the mailing list.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #27 on: July 25, 2006, 10:07:43 am »
no not that. lolx I was responding to Waffles. yeah..i never really do those..weird quote things lolx
I like goats.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #28 on: July 25, 2006, 10:17:23 am »
My mom's friend is'nt going to there, she's arriving next Monday I belive from what mommy said. My dad will be up there... although, I don't know what he'll be doing. xD;;
I think that'll work. :]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2006, 05:38:41 pm »
its a go the on ly thing is kendo boyfriend might have work to 11 that morning then we'd go strait there
if he has work then  i 'll even go with him read in a cubby hole for 4 hpours so we can get there quicker

Offline TomtheFanboy

• Bunnygirl
    • Twitter
    • Kumoricon Archives
« Reply #30 on: July 28, 2006, 09:15:32 am »
Eeek! Noooo! Let Chris have the day off to hang out with us.

Oh, and hey Riku, I hope you get this message! My friend Lani in Hillsboro is willing to give you a ride into the meeting tomorrow morning! You should totally call us tonight to let us know.

...or at least message us your number so we can call you tomorrow.
Tom the Fanboy
Passion over Pedantry!

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2006, 10:18:41 am »
haha yeah, I messaged E-mailed you my numberoes. lolx
If I don't pick up..KEEP CALLING
I like goats.

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2006, 12:24:58 pm »
okay so chris gets out at 11 am and from there it' take us like 15 mins to get there and we can take off once we do (tho i must admit the salad dressing at the resutoran there is sooo yummy :)

Offline xRIxKUx

• Bunnygirl
    • D.A
« Reply #33 on: July 30, 2006, 01:13:32 am »
o0h fun~~~!
and we acually got stuff done!!!! SWEEEEET
Ein said okae' by the way...lolx
and I finished my Pocky girl design thing! k'yes!
I like goats.

Offline Neko_Chan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #34 on: July 30, 2006, 10:06:01 am »
Yay. ;] I had lots of fun and... yeaaahhh.

I cannot wait for the convention. :]

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #35 on: July 30, 2006, 07:54:29 pm »
hai that was very fun
tom here the thingy i told you abput with madam masmune and gackt
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGZcYcHtHaE