Author Topic: Cafe?  (Read 3610 times)

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Cafe?
« on: July 11, 2006, 07:08:40 pm »
i know its way late in the game, and maybe there is something like this arround allready.  it hit me when looking arround other forums.  Would it be plausable/cute/awesome to do one of those theme cafes.  at least for a few hours.  you know with the waitresses in some sort of adorable outfit?  the money would of couse go to the con.  but i dont know about the food serving issues,  if it was all pre bottled stuff that just got served (some in cups some not), like... coffies, teas ramune etc, you could have pocky and cookies too. just kinda getting presented in a fun way. maybe with music in the room too.  kinda like an evolution of the poky wench thing that goes on.

i dunno i think it could be fun. if you got enough people to be involved.
Commissioning again!
Props, wigs and costumes.
twilighsewmurai@gmail.com

custom Amigurumi also available. (etsy shop coming soon)

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
Cafe?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2006, 07:15:01 pm »
i would help but we would need money...DONATION BOOTH AT CONS it would say HELP BRING A ANIME CAFE TO YOUR TOWN or somrthin like that

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
    • http://www.cosplaylab.com/search.asp?keyword=Lillian+Sullivan+&category=member&x=8&y=6
Cafe?
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2006, 12:40:27 am »
oh also, be good if the mony went to the charity for the year.

we MIGHT be able to get some donations from somewhere if they knew it was going to a non profit, then they could put thier name on a banner nearby or something.  like starbucks or uwajimaya.  

and the point of it would be to make moneys, you wouldn't be selling the snacks and things at cost.
Commissioning again!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Cafe?
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2006, 03:57:19 pm »
How about making a deal with the hotel? Take over their coffeeshop, jack the prices up, and the charity gets the difference between the regular price, and the cafe price. Maybe this would work better if only convention go-ers did this, or regular guests volunteered to pay.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
Cafe?
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2006, 08:38:57 am »
There are major restrictions on food serving. The only food we can serve is the ramen for the fire bowl attack, and the vendors may give small samples of items they have for sale. We cannot offer any food for sale, nor can the vendors beyond pocky and ramune type item. Even that is a grey area.

The event you are talking about sounds a lot like what the Gothic Lolita girls are doing for their tea party. (Serving tea for free is okay.)

If you think an event would be cool, the best way to see it at con is to run it yourself.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
Cafe?
« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2006, 12:01:16 pm »
i was more wondering at the plausability of the food service.  i figured it probably wouldnt be ok, but  i dont see much of a difference between that and the gray area Prepackaged food that the vendors sell.
Commissioning again!

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
Cafe?
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2006, 06:41:08 pm »
If this idea comes through then Id be glad to help out in someway.

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline jaybug

• Catgirl
Cafe?
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2006, 07:41:14 pm »
I recommend you getting a Multnomah County Foodhandlers card. It may be a sticking point later.
Have Fun

Jay

Offline Xi_chan

• Cabbit
Cafe?
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2006, 07:58:25 pm »
Quote from: "jaybug"
I recommend you getting a Multnomah County Foodhandlers card. It may be a sticking point later.

ooo I have one.

Get Jiggly With It!

Offline pinkrandomattack

• Chibi
Cafe?
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2006, 08:56:30 pm »
hrm, i have a food handelers card.  

well lconsidering the response that was gotten from staff was less than encouraging i doubt somethign like this would be able to be pulled together this year (although i would be down with organizing it) maybe i shoudl look into the matter further as an option for next year?
Commissioning again!