Author Topic: Hollywood Video will rock your socks! (Free DVDs)  (Read 4549 times)

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
Hollywood Video will rock your socks! (Free DVDs)
« on: April 22, 2006, 08:29:16 pm »
I was just at my local Hollywood video getting a Trigun volume (it was No. 3) and I asked the guy what the prices were.  Older movies are $2.49, but on Fridays and Saturdays you can get older movies free.  Oh. My. Gosh.  Seriously, you don't even have to rent another movie to get a free one.  Just pick one DVD up and it's free.  Or pick up 77 DVDs and you get one free.  Pick some sort of combo and one older DVD will be free.
But here is the best part for all us anime fans:
I am willing to bet that all the anime at your Hollywood video store is in the older DVD section.  Except Howl's Moving Castle.  
This is just a promotion, but I'm exited!!  Definetly good for otaku who don't want to spend much (or any) money for a while.  I'm looking forward to my next visit to HV.  Free anime is a great thing!!!

For those of you who don't know where to find a Hollywood Video in your area, click here, put in the info and something should come up.
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
« Reply #1 on: April 22, 2006, 10:28:52 pm »
im gonna go to my hollywood video tomorrow to see if its true

Offline Darkerlight

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2006, 01:02:10 am »
You are probably by a franschise Hollywood video, most hollywoods don't do that.
If it is your b day you get a free rental

if you rent an old game you can rent anouther free

or occationally they send out a free coupon or

They have currently a bundle deal that lowers the cost of getting two movies a popcorn candy and a drink. And if you rent and old library title and don't like it you can return it and say you did not like it and then they will allow you to exchange it, but no promotions for all out free rentals. For the regular retail chain.
Click me! Help me hatch!

Offline CardCaptorConnor-EX

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2006, 07:21:00 am »
Quote from: "Darkerlight"
You are probably by a franschise Hollywood video, most hollywoods don't do that.
If it is your b day you get a free rental

if you rent an old game you can rent anouther free

or occationally they send out a free coupon or

They have currently a bundle deal that lowers the cost of getting two movies a popcorn candy and a drink. And if you rent and old library title and don't like it you can return it and say you did not like it and then they will allow you to exchange it, but no promotions for all out free rentals. For the regular retail chain.

This was coupon-less, bundle-less, and birthday-less.  I don't know what you mean by a "franchise" Hollywood Video.  And the guy at the counter didn't have me pay anything at all and said it was due Thrusday.  And besides, you only get one free.
Watashi wa iroppoi wo motekuru.

But you probably already knew that.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2006, 07:36:48 am »
A lot of national name brand business have both corporate owned and local franchises.  In the corporate run Blockbuster all the decisions come from the big blockhead in Video Ville.  Smaller local corporations that have one ore more stores probably average about 6 to 10 own the local franchises.  The “Franchise” stores basically rent the use of the name blockbuster and benefit from the national name recognition and advertising but have the option of doing some things a little different.

Please no Apples for teacher just aunts
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
« Reply #5 on: April 24, 2006, 04:14:57 pm »
whats with you and aunts?????

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #6 on: April 24, 2006, 04:28:11 pm »
well with most of my friends I speak of nerdy girls and they know I mean girls over 30.  If I said nerdy girls here thats half the forum and they are all to young for me.  But i figure nerdy girls muts have nerdy aunts as I dont want to hang out with any moms
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline Wolf Wood

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: April 24, 2006, 04:56:38 pm »
ooooo ok