Author Topic: How far would you go?  (Read 22501 times)

Offline Tinkeu

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #50 on: August 08, 2006, 04:02:38 pm »
lmao, well, they have conventions in Canada too xD...not K-con though. TT_TT

I live in Salem so I only have an hour car ride infront of me. ^^ But how far I would go, that is the question^_^ Well... Otakon, I think I might come close to killing to go to...(if I got put in jail, there would be no con at all TT_TT) but...just really depends on the convention. Normally, maybe a state away or so..... unless I have plenty of time and money to get me somewhere.... then I really would care about the distance^^
K-con 05-Zidane Tribal, Final Fantasy IX
K-con 06-Vincent Valentine, Final Fantasy VII
k-con 07/08-Papparazi!
K-con 09-Tsukasa Amou, Juvenile Orion
             Turk Vincent, Final Fantasy VII
             OroKabuto, Naruto?

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
How far would you go?
« Reply #51 on: August 08, 2006, 06:00:14 pm »
@ vondan - I deleted those duplicates for you.

I have driven 13 hours for a con. Fanime in San Jose.

I think I'll be about a half hour from the con when I move next week.

I think the winner is badge number one. She's coming from Missouri.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.fanfiction.net/u/1065989/
How far would you go?
« Reply #52 on: August 10, 2006, 03:51:26 pm »
Quote from: "Penumbra Shade"
Should I just call you 'Writ.' then...?

Aye, that'd be all fine and dandy--if we managed to crawl out of the twisted burning wreckage brought about by my driving skills, and managed to stumble to a hospital...plus, we'd miss out on Kumoricon 'cause I have no sense of direction and had driven us to Canada...

Writ doesn't equal out to Writer. >.>

aw, sucker. We could go to kumoricon next year. Besides, then we'd have some cool scars to show off to our friends!

the unfortunate death of Sephiroth

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #53 on: August 10, 2006, 04:05:33 pm »
@Tinkeu: True--unfortunately, we wouldn't be registered for said cons before we came crashing though their wall...

@Writer: Aye. And Pen equals Penumbra not...

It's a moot point really--I don't have a car, a license, or money for gas either, so I'll just stick with my current plan...

Offline Catgirl Rin Rin

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2006, 06:21:03 pm »
Quote from: "leashy"
Quote from: "riverspree"
about 3 1/2 hours here from roseburg :sigh: 2 more years of schooling and then its hello vancouver  :roll:

Vancouver, BC or washington?

Vancouver Washington is the place to be I tell you >D

Anyway I am not going very far, maybe like 10-20 miles at the most.

I am however opening my door to a friend canadian catgirl from the boards, so I will pick her up from the bus station and let her stay at my place a few nights out of the kindness of my heart =D

On a completely unrelated note, I want a cookie..

I will purchase a box of whatever favorite cookie you want for your extreme kindness ^____^ I must thank you again! Thank you!

I live in Gold River, B.C. Canada and it'll be about 10 hours to get there. 5 to get to Vancouver, B.C, and about another 5 to take the train down.

And then stay up late helping Leashy-Chan with her costume, watch movies, and make stuff with her! *cheers*

It's awesome to hear of so many people going, I hope to see all of you there!
- Sakura-Con-Goers-Click ^^

Offline Kexita

• Cabbit
How far would you go?
« Reply #55 on: August 10, 2006, 06:27:57 pm »
Im not coming from very far for kumori con. :3 Just a 45 minute drive or so. The farthest ive ever gone for a con was sakura con 2006, which took ALL DAY in that fricken car. because of the horrible traffic. @_@ we crammed 10 people into a motorhome made for maybe 5 people at the most just to enjoy sakura con. :3 it was worth it!<3 oh, and sakura con was in washington. under normal circumstances, id guess it was a 6-7 hour car ride. thats not so bad. :3 not when your with your closest friends.
2005-Cat girl
2006-Kabuto, Anti Sora, sai
2007-Beauty Queen Etna
2008-Sonozaki Shion (Or am i mion? hee hee<3)

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a82/Kyumi/Picture005.jpg
Have you seen me? Im on the right and i went missing during k-con 2007! Please

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #56 on: August 10, 2006, 07:02:35 pm »
@Tinkeu: True--unfortunately, we wouldn't be registered for said cons before we came crashing though their wall...

@Writer: Aye. And Pen equals Penumbra not...

It's a moot point really--I don't have a car, a license, or money for gas either, so I'll just stick with my current plan...

Ha! Writer is short for something already! it is short for 'writeronotes'. eat that.

Shade shade shade.... You are missing the point! Since the Kcon is not too far away and we are not driving, the entire discussion was in a world of fantasy. No point is moot! so penguin shall be kept from the light of day!

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #57 on: August 10, 2006, 09:24:24 pm »
So? What's to keep me from re-shortening your pre-shortened SN, eh?

Thou speaks falsity! As it diverges from our current conniving plots in this plane of reality--all points are moot! Since none of it matters, (the penguin included, I'm afraid) anything and everything said in this conversation,  will slowly but surely begin to collapse under it's own poimtlessness--until it forms a moot singularity!

Offline rosaryblue

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #58 on: August 11, 2006, 03:01:16 am »
Well, to all the drivers from far and near, I will raise a cup of coffee.  To the driving days before Kumoricon!  
  Safe driving.  

"Coffee makes me sleepy."

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #59 on: August 11, 2006, 08:48:10 am »
So? What's to keep me from re-shortening your pre-shortened SN, eh?

Thou speaks falsity! As it diverges from our current conniving plots in this plane of reality--all points are moot! Since none of it matters, (the penguin included, I'm afraid) anything and everything said in this conversation,  will slowly but surely begin to collapse under it's own poimtlessness--until it forms a moot singularity!

Re=shortening my pre-shortened name?! Redundancy!

(The poor penguin...) Ooh, and then everything will be sucked ruthlessly into the moot singularity thus rendering every point ever made, that was made, and shall ever be made completely moot! The mere act of walking will be scorned for the mere pointlessness of it all! And thus, humanity will whither away in indifference.
[/size]

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #60 on: August 11, 2006, 10:14:33 am »
Most phantasmicaly so!

Not true! Though all points ever made and ever to be made are indeed moot, on a cosmic scale of things, humanity not be indifferent! Lots of people--indeed, almost everyone cares about many pointless points out there...total indifference is hard to find!

Unfortuanately for you, the whole me-driving-you-to-Kumoricon/Canada bit is moot even relative to us...

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #61 on: August 11, 2006, 10:20:47 am »
Oh dear. Bram has become redundant... just wait 'till your father finds out! TT-TT

ahhh, the driving to kumoricon/canada topic... we were talking about that, weren't we? I had forgotten.
[/size]

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #62 on: August 11, 2006, 10:24:08 am »
Hey now--don't use my real name on forums eh?

Aye. Indeed we were--and by forgetting, I'm afraid that you have proved my point on how exactly moot it is!

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2006, 10:47:06 am »
Hey now--don't use my real name on forums eh?

Aye. Indeed we were--and by forgetting, I'm afraid that you have proved my point on how exactly moot it is!

No one can see anywhay...

when was I out to prove that the point was not moot? besides, this is the magical internet. where pigs ply, and penguins spin like ballarinas! This is the land of moot! sure, some topics are not, but those can be discused elswhere. the internet could disapear and nothing would really be different, other than the lack of websites for every possible product. That, my friend, is because we have survived without internet before!
[/size]

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2006, 10:59:04 am »
Not unless they can, (gasp) copy and paste!

Dependency grows with more usage--we've survived without a lot of things, as a race, but all but us went back to as in the time of cavemen, we would not fare so well as the first time through...

Offline Writer

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2006, 10:18:11 am »
Not unless they can, (gasp) copy and paste!

Dependency grows with more usage--we've survived without a lot of things, as a race, but all but us went back to as in the time of cavemen, we would not fare so well as the first time through...

Why would the care enought o go through all that trouble?

You don't belive that we could adapt with our enviorment over time? Humanity is the bsolute ruler of adaptation. The weak, winey ones would die out within the first winter, leaving prime breeding bodies. It's all in the pedagree! We'd grow, and achive wold domination by sheer numbers.
[/size]

Offline Penumbra Shade

• Sailor Scout
How far would you go?
« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2006, 08:21:01 pm »
Normally, people wouldn't--but then, It's not the normal people that I'm worried about...

Maybe--or maybe a new supreme race would emerge to grasp the reigns of Earth, leaving the helpless humans to be slaves in the new world order!

Offline leashy

• Catgirl
    • http://www.myspace.com/leashychan
How far would you go?
« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2006, 08:28:58 pm »
o.o  I love this section of the forum, all the posts become so random, but it is ok ^^