Author Topic: To anyone who may be interested in running an RPG this year  (Read 9017 times)

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
To anyone who may be interested in running an RPG this year
« on: February 06, 2006, 08:52:04 pm »
Please contact me, either in this thread of via PM (if not personally), so that I know what I'm working with in terms of planning tabletop RPGs for congoers.  The earlier I know who I'm staffing for, the earlier I can try to make sure GMs have time to run their games, and it will also help GMs plan the rest of their con around whatever schedules we come up with, and what staffing setups/material setups may be available or necessary.

Thanks!

PezCat
« Last Edit: November 19, 2007, 05:08:26 pm by JeffT »
Sixty pounds lighter, just as awesome.
2K3-2K7: Various staff, primarily RPGs and Registration
2K12: God only knows...

=^..^=

Offline Mr_Phelps

• Sailor Scout
Running BESM 3rd Ed.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 02:02:05 pm »
I'm planning on running at least one session, either Friday evening or Saturday for 4 to 6 hours.
Avatar is "Othar Tryggvassen" from GirlGeniusOnline.net

Offline riverspree

• Chibi
    • http://www.kitzerkief.deviantart.com
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2006, 11:42:04 am »
I hadn't actually thought about running as its been far to long. I'm totally up for joining a session however. But Septembers a bit away I may decide to by then if I can dig up most my stuffeds.
Kumo 2007 Cosplays
Aya Natsume & Natsumi Tsujimoto
We'll just see how well River can keep these two names straight...

Offline Kyuubi

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2006, 02:09:13 am »
Hey Pex are you going to have that mecha game again? ((Yes I keep on forgetting the name to it, so sue me)) That was a fun game XD :lol:

Offline spindrift

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2006, 02:36:01 am »
wishes to play a magical girl again so that I can flood a zoo and steal a penguin again :-D
Make the world a better place with kumoricon.

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
    • http://vondan.com
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2006, 10:12:09 am »
How about a game for both of you with Magical Mech Girls.    My Mad Mech setting takes place in the US after world war three AND a plague that has put all men into a coma.    So it's an all Girl Mech Squad Defending the Mad Max like wasteland from the evil Barron Bish.  Of course in 4 or 6 hours a whole campaign could not be played out but I have an idea for a short scenario with a snatch and grab on Barons Bish's. Compound.   The team would be set up somewhat like an all girl mech version of a special forces A Team (A real one with up to 12 members not the TV ones that some how lost 8 guys they never mention).  Tactical thinking and team work with use of team roles and skills would be important for success.

I'm allready going to be in the dealer room and teaching a workshop could I run a game from my dealer table

And a totally forgot some ware I have a have a simplified D20 game I created called Hero Heart.  Every one plays a magical girl with the Friendly Fighter, Sweet Sorceress or Pretty Priestess class, and all PC have to roll up a cute animal companion and all damage is subduel damage no one dies they just have to take a nap.   We were trying to make a game to get young girls into RPG’s so that later when they are older they would play D&D with our sons and I could meet their aunts.
Field Marshall Von Dan

Comander and Chef:  The One Seventy Second Division
President:  DanCo Intergalactic Studios
CEO:  DanCo Interactive
Editor:  DanCo Press LTD
Chancellor:  The Project N.E.R.D.Y. foundation

http://vondan.com

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2006, 06:40:47 pm »
@ Kyuubi

I'm planning to, at least at this point.  I've learned that I can just about handle 9 gamers for a single tabletop RPG, so I do indeed plan on bringing the big robots back for another go.

@ Spindrift

Hope there is one then again this year.  I don't think I'll have time to run mine again like last year.  I'm trying to remember who kept it running after I left - you might want to talk to them... (if you can find them)

@ Vondan

Running a game from the dealer room is, IMO, a really bad idea... The dealer room is going to be crammed up enough as it is with congoers (trying to buy things) and yojimbo (making sure the rare bad congoer doesn't steal things) and other sellers (trying to sell the good congoers many things)... I know we shouldn't be increasing flow into there if at all possible.  I got no problem with you running a game, I would really just say that if you are gonna run one, you should do so in the RPGs room.

@ Everyone

Can we start an alternate thread if we're going to go any more off topic here?  Normally I'd be fine leaving this one alone - it's definitely close enough to qualify for the subject matter.  But I'm actually trying to use this particular thread to track GMs that I need to stay in contact with (and block out times for them to run their games).  I'm not going to lock the thread - especially since the input's been pretty good, but can we put anything other than along the lines of "I'd like to run a game at Kumoricon" into a different one, pleaaaase?  Thanky!  =^~_~^=

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2006, 07:55:04 pm »
Quote from: "PezCat"
@ Vondan

Running a game from the dealer room is, IMO, a really bad idea...

Of course it is a bad idea that’s way I suggested it.

I will run a game if there is enough interest in either a post apocalypse Mechs/Power Suit/Mutant power future combat scenario or Original D&D converted to Magical girl anime.  I don’t want to use up one of your six hour slot for 2 players when something more popular can be found.  On the other hand if the game room NEEDS another GM because there is so much interest in RPG’s by players but you are short on GM’s and games (I assume no more then 10 a game) and need anything for the overflow players to play.  And if any one is going to Run 1Ed ADD I can donate about 6 copies of the PHB as I keep getting them in trashed covers to rebind in hand tooled leather (Someday)

Another option, I have 50 board games and have people over to my shop to play them.  A lot of them are older military games but I can get newer ones for just for the excuse to run them SPANK, Navia Drap or Hero Scape come to mind.   The only games I would care about loosing are the Fortress America with Sadam’s Face on the cover ($100) or the Black Tower ($300)
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline Dark_Lady_Kassendra

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.geocities.com/darkladykassendra.html
« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2006, 02:47:46 pm »
I would so do RPG's.... if it was posting style... Other than Neverwinter Nights I've never played...  :oops: I'm sure I could pick up on it rather quickly though.
Jerimiah of Bakazoku Fangirl- (yes, we're even engaged!!!! ^.^ we consumated our love with a Beef Crunch Wrap Supream and a hot sauce packet that asked him to marry me ^.^)

Goggle Squad Fangirl- also so dubbed by Waffles

Offline Michael_Hopcroft

• Sailor Scout
    • http://www.mphpress.com
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2006, 09:50:48 pm »
Well, I'm definitely going to run my BESM Slayers game sometime during the convention. Just when I'd like some help detemining, absed on when the space will be available.
Michael Hopcroft Press
http://www.mphpress.com

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2006, 04:58:01 pm »
there should be space in the RPG room during con hours pretty much the whole time.  I haven't received word of enough games to choke out any new ones as of yet, even if all the games I've had confirmed for me were running simultaneously.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline QElderHell

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2007, 10:24:10 pm »
i have a dire need to play a Hexblade gone Arcane Archer. Someone run D&D!!!!

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
Re: To anyone who may be interested in running an RPG this year
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2007, 12:57:30 am »
So has anyone steped up to run and RPG game?  Is any one interested in playing at  all?
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #13 on: August 08, 2007, 06:29:48 pm »
My email hasn't been terribly reliable as of late, but I don't have a list of "confirmed" gamers, since it's pretty much open-room format.  I can tell you that I will be running a modernish-setting game of Feng Shui this year.  Confirmed characters only include an angry noodle lady and her spunky daughter at this time, but more will become available.

PezCat

=^..^=

Offline Vondan

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #14 on: August 09, 2007, 04:54:48 pm »
hey i'm in if you want  I have not played Feng Shui but i'm loking it up now.  Any site the quci start rules?

Can I be the former Kung foo master street leather repair guy witht he skins of his fallne foes in the bottom of his cart
Field Marshall Von Dan

Offline PezCat

• Catgirl
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2007, 09:08:11 pm »
Attention, tabletop roleplayers:  PezCat's KCon 2K7 game is ready for presentation Sunday afternoon.  Presenting "The Last Straw: The Fall of Yoribu Tokito."  A modern setting game in the Feng Shui system, the cast of characters will face off against Crime Lord Yoribu Tokito and his underlings, as the criminal mastermind has finally gone too far, and the law isn't doing the job anymore.  Eight slots are open, for the eight protagonists of our story:

Toramen Aki - Noodle lady/restauranteur, mother, martial artist
Toramen Uriko - Noodle girl/restauranteur, daughter, martial artist in training
Renpuru Mori, aka "Street" - Former muscleman bodyguard of Yoribu
Kuribo Shiori - Delivery truck driver and all-around good guy
Mikuro, aka "The Scope" - Former hitman for Yoribu
Yamamoto Korin - Emergency medic, no longer able to tolerate seeing Yoribu's handiwork enter his hospital
Tomahna Shigeru, aka "Vice" - The legendary "Vice," mysterious superhero setting his sight on the crime lord
Detective Miyamoto Shiro - The unorthodox policeman who finally realized that procedure isn't going to solve this case

Hope to see you dice rolling fiends there!  The system only requires D6s to play, though a couple other dice (such as a D20) could be useful for marking things.

=^..^=