Author Topic: Anonymous Questions Process - Special Election  (Read 2847 times)

Offline kjayers

• Chibi
Anonymous Questions Process - Special Election
« on: February 09, 2015, 09:35:01 pm »
My name is Jo Ayers, Secretary and MSO Manager for 2015. Our tellers for the upcoming special election will be Assistant Secretary David Reynolds, Assistant Secretary Jeff Tyrrill, and me. We also have an alternate lined up, Director of Membership Brian Mathews, in case of absence or if a teller should be recused, such as if one of the tellers chooses to run for for the position being elected.

Since the comment period where candidates leave the room has been replaced with a combined question and comment period, with candidates remaining in the room, our anonymous questions must be addressed in another manner. To do this we have set up an email where anonymous questions and comments may be submitted, subject to the following rules:

1) Anonymous comments are moderated by the elections moderator and tellers. This allows the comments to remain as unbiased and direct as possible.

2) Anonymous comments are anonymous when read at the meeting, but the moderator panel must know the identity of the person commenting. As part of the moderation process, the panel may request more information from you or request a change to your comment.

3) The moderator panel will reply to you stating whether your comment has been accepted. Comments will be accepted at election-comments@kumoricon.org prior to and at elections, so people can submit comments in response to things said at the meeting. You can also bring up a written note at the elections meeting without using email, but this might be less anonymous than using email. Please remember both written notes and email messages must be signed with your real name.

So please feel free to use the email if there is anything you would like to ask the candidates privately, and I hope to see you all at the March General Meeting!
2015 Secretary & MSO Manager
2014 Secretary & MSO Manager
2010 Secretary
2009 Secretary
2008 Assistant Secretary & Parliamentarian