Author Topic: Rant about your bad con prep, cosplay prep, ect  (Read 3050 times)

Offline Ashok

• Sailor Scout
Rant about your bad con prep, cosplay prep, ect
« on: August 28, 2014, 02:53:19 am »
I have no idea where to put this since it is related to anime and conventions but didn't fit in the other areas so sorry if this is misplaced.

Have you ever just wanted to rant about how bad your convention preparations are or how bad your cosplay prep is going? Feel free to place it here!
I find it difficult to rant to close friends because they will either take it personal or not care at all.

My little rant:

This is my first year having a hotel room, second year at Kumoricon. I decided I wanted to be with my two friends (supposed to be 3 but people drop out all the time) so I got a two bed room, well my parents did since I am only 16. It seems like the two people I am rooming with don't care at all with what is going on. I keep asking what food they want for the room and I cannot seem to get a good answer. So it's really frustrating to me because they keep asking me about times, days, ect when I don't have anything planned out.

I still have a lot to do for my cosplays this year, so I invited them over so we could work on our cosplays together. One didn't bring anything and the other started something but then left because they wanted to eat seafood with their family. Leaving me to finish their cosplay pieces when I still have 17 things to do for my cosplays.

It's just becoming a major hassle and I just want to break down and cry, I think next year I am just going to get a single bed room and go alone, since this year I am giving up panels I want to attend so they can go see the ones they want to (my mother does not approve of us splitting up, safety in numbers) I also wanted to sign up for cosplay chess or the cosplay competition but that didn't happen because I assume they don't want to be brought into that.

Anyway,
That was my rant, so feel free to either reply to it or please feel free to share a rant of your own!! It's always better to get things off your chest.

(also friends, if you see this I don't mean it personally but it's just really stressing me out trying to plan something when it seems like you two don't even care. I feel like I am going to end up sacrificing my good time just to make sure you two have a good time.)