Author Topic: Fall in Love With Manga panel (approved)  (Read 2846 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Fall in Love With Manga panel (approved)
« on: July 07, 2014, 11:50:50 pm »
Hey! So this is the only panel I'll need help with looking for materials and suggestions.

A bit of base information: it's a manga panel, primarily suggesting manga you've enjoyed of the genre ROMANCE to new-comers.
Girl-love, boy-love, and boy/girl love. No doujins/fan-comics.

I have most of the BL covered, and generally won't need help with that.
(For further clarification, stuff from Japan, China and Korea are fine but I want to get as much from Japan as possible.)

I cannot stress this enough: Minors might be coming to the panel, so if it's R-18 or NSFW, leave it out.

I will be pre-reading suggested mangas to check them for adult content.
I have no real idea for the girl's love comics honestly.If I can find at least one or two, I can look through the 'more like this' options on mangahere and mangagogo, but I'm not too sure on what's a good starting point.

** I do have a plan to have all of the titles I can find printed out on some paper for people if they want. They will be broken up into the romances of BL, GL and Het love, either all on one page, or one romance per page depending on how the list turns out. Input from the audience is, of course, encouraged :D
« Last Edit: July 07, 2014, 11:54:44 pm by veraca »
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
Re: Fall in Love With Manga panel (approved)
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2014, 09:04:05 am »
Well, Girl Friends is an adorable GL manga that actually focuses on the (very sweet) romance, rather than being a "sexy lesbians for male readers" story like some. I'd strongly recommend it - it's a great read! http://www.mangahere.co/manga/girl_friends/

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline FilkAeris

• Chibi
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2014, 09:07:47 am »
There's a list of recs here: http://manga.about.com/od/recommendedreading/tp/Top10YuriManga.htm

I can't vouch for all of them, but I've heard Maria-sama is pretty good. XD

KUMORICON 2014: BEST. CON. EVER! LET'S DO IT ALL AGAIN IN 2015!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2014, 04:27:12 pm »
I am wondering if someone would like to help present and run this panel with me? My time has been too constricted to really look through anything and compile a list. If someone would like to help let me know sometime before Aug 25th so we can get a discussion going of ideas :)
You can contact me in the thread here or email: lancetti@outlook.com

Again- minors might be coming to panel so nothing can go above the SFW threshold.
Kumori'15

Offline mesaverde

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2014, 10:26:13 am »
Manga no Tsukurikata is a cute GL. I haven't read all of it, but what I've read is pretty SFW. I might be able to help but I've never really done a panel, and besides BL and a bit of GL I don't really read romance. But if you give me more info about it/still need help I could probably do it.
Kumoricon 2014 tentative lineup:
Day 1: Yumichika Ayasegawa (Bleach)
Day 2: Flamenco Jolteon (Pokemon)
Day 3: Fujisake Yuusuke/Bossun (Sket Dance)
Day 4: Superbi Squalo (Katekyo Hitman Reborn)

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 11:03:25 am »
I am wondering if someone would like to help present and run this panel with me? My time has been too constricted to really look through anything and compile a list. If someone would like to help let me know sometime before Aug 25th so we can get a discussion going of ideas :)
You can contact me in the thread here or email: lancetti@outlook.com

Again- minors might be coming to panel so nothing can go above the SFW threshold.

Sure, id love to help you run this panel. Also a good romance manga is Ai yori aoshi.

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2014, 11:13:15 am »
I found one person who might be able to help run the panel if it doesn't conflict with anything she's doing.
Mostly, my aim is for a discussion- maybe on the different kinds of love that can be expressed. Without a clear definition of the love, leaves room to large variations of manga after all :)
Kumori'15

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2014, 12:41:57 pm »
The Fall In Love With Manga panel felt like a bust to me, so I won't be bringing that back but I hope it inspires people to take the idea and form their own panel next year about love stories in manga and anime that isn't sexual.

I thank everyone who came in willing to discuss and offer up ideas. It was fun listening to you and considering most of the audience didn't leave, it must've been interesting for them too :)
An improvement for next time (which there prob won't be) is: ask for 3 mics, so that people who want to talk can come up to a mic and speak so everyone can hear them.
Kumori'15