Author Topic: Cosplay Fairy - Have a Cosplay Emergency at Con?  (Read 2531 times)

Offline PersephoneEcho

• Oni
    • Persephone Echo Cosplay
Cosplay Fairy - Have a Cosplay Emergency at Con?
« on: June 26, 2014, 12:11:31 pm »
Hey guys!
So, I've decided to use Kumoricon 2014 to debut by "Cosplay Fairy".
In short, I will carry basic supplies for cosplay fixes and emergencies.
For example: A hand sewing kit, bobby pins, super glue, safety pins, and bandaid, among other things.
I know last year there was a cosplay repair station, and I'll try to leave a sketch of my cosplay there so you know what to look for, and I'll post a picture here when I get the pieces done.
But, keep your eyes out for a sign. I'll be carrying one around the con for easy recognition!
In case of emergency, don''t be afraid to ask for help/supplies! I'll do what I can, but no promises that I'll have exactly what you need.
JUST A HEADS UP: I'll most likely be dressed as cosplay fairy on Friday and Monday because I want to debut some bigger cosplays on Saturday and Sunday.
Thanks, and I can't wait to see everyone!

Offline PersephoneEcho

• Oni
    • Persephone Echo Cosplay
Re: Cosplay Fairy - Have a Cosplay Emergency at Con?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2014, 12:39:53 pm »
Hey guys!
So, I've decided to use Kumoricon 2014 to debut by "Cosplay Fairy".
In short, I will carry basic supplies for cosplay fixes and emergencies.
For example: A hand sewing kit, bobby pins, super glue, safety pins, and bandaid, among other things.
I know last year there was a cosplay repair station, and I'll try to leave a sketch of my cosplay there so you know what to look for, and I'll post a picture here when I get the pieces done.
But, keep your eyes out for a sign. I'll be carrying one around the con for easy recognition!
In case of emergency, don''t be afraid to ask for help/supplies! I'll do what I can, but no promises that I'll have exactly what you need.
JUST A HEADS UP: I'll most likely be dressed as cosplay fairy on Friday and Monday because I want to debut some bigger cosplays on Saturday and Sunday.
Thanks, and I can't wait to see everyone!
Also, if you have any suggestions for supplies I should carry, please post them!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 01:32:51 pm »
This is neat. I like the idea, and you are a saint for wanting to be so helpful.

I think leaving a picture of yourself in cosplay rather than a sketch would be better. While a sketch could easily be completely different from anyone elses cosplays out there, having a face to find makes things much easier. Sure we can go :Ok we need to find someone wearing a skirt like that and that hair style" when it's easier to have a photograph..You match the photo? Then it's obviously you and no one has to second guess.

I can't really recommend anything to carry outside what you already are..It seems the only things you aren't carrying are things that need to be plugged in..Which is obvious..i assume everyone knows the things needed..However, along with the sewing kit, remember to bring as many colors of thread as you can. I would think using bobbins is a great idea here (It's what I do). What you are doing is saving space by having bobbins filled with every color you can carry, in a bobbin case. That way rather than a thread spool taking up more roon, the bobbins take up less room. And along with glues, I think super glue, fabric glue, STRETCH fabric glue (this is needed more times than people think), Epoxy glue, and gorilla glue are gonna be the ones to bring..

Offline BrokenPsyche

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:21:42 pm »
You do hair styling?

Offline moonbeam

• Cabbit
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2014, 09:58:37 pm »
I love this idea I know that I think a few years back I got hurt at a start of a rave . Got one of my eyes hurt with a glow stick I was getting it to light up and snapped idk how  and it almost got in my eyes  a very helpful cosplayer ( staff or not ) helped me and the front desk had basic ( no extras ) eye drops  luckly I was lucky and it was a minor thing for me ( if it had fully got in my eye it would have been different ) point is eye drops are always good a medic kit is always a good idea  . Also hot clue gun last year I asked permission they said it was ok at least the person I asked at the booth .   Oh and. .. small make up for touch up oh and like safety clips I mean you dont necessarily have to bring it all but I was just saying some ideas and possibly some things  should bring oh and sun screen and water lots of water bottles
Prepare for trouble make that double !
Fighting evil by moon light finding love by daylight !

Offline dark4ever

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr ahoy!
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 10:57:26 pm »
This is such a cool idea! Cosplays get beat up pretty hard, since we make them and wear them for longer than a few hours.

The one thing I don't see suggested is velcro. It might not be a must-have for some people, but for a quick fix, it's a good alternative. Also oddly permanent and sturdy.
Kumoricon 2019:
Axel (Kingdom Hearts 3, end game outfit)
Kylo Ren (Star Wars)
Keyleth (Critical Role, opening look)