Author Topic: They say you remind them of who?  (Read 3651 times)

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
They say you remind them of who?
« on: June 26, 2014, 01:33:44 am »

Most people have been told they either look, act or etc. like someone.

1. Who were you compared to? (Preferable a character from anime, manga, comics, books, video games and etc.)
2. What was their reasoning behind it? (If there was any.)
3. Do you feel it is accurate and why or why not?

Offline UptownOtaku

• Sailor Scout
Re: They say you remind them of who?
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2014, 10:47:36 am »
I've been told before that I look almost just like a television reporter named Emily-something.  I don't quite remember.  Apparently she's pretty, so I guess that's a compliment...?  ???

I've been told by another friend that I act/sound a lot like Haruhi Fujioka from Ouran High School Host Club, which I think is strangely accurate.  :P
Find me on:

Facebook:  Uptown Otaku
Tumblr:  uptownotakucosplay
YouTube:  UptovvnOtaku
Instagram:  uptownotaku
Fanfiction.net:  UptownOtaku
DeviantART:  uptownotaku

Offline superjaz

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2014, 12:01:56 pm »
Lets see once on the bus I was told I looked like Kate Winslet, to which I wondered what they were smoking but more in reffernce to eternal sun shine of the spotless mind, which I hadn't seen and, at that time (looking back now) I could see as I wore my bangs like that and I was bit skinnier then I am now.  2 kids between now and then...
« Last Edit: June 27, 2014, 12:06:58 pm by superjaz »
superjaz, that is jaz with one z count'um ONE z!
Proud mom of 2 awesome kids

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2014, 02:27:46 am »
Let me see, in high school, my nickname was Android 18.  (From DBZ for those that don't know.)  More recently, my boyfriend says I remind him of Lina from Slayers. 

In high school, well, I was a bad guy and I went good and I was my composer was similar so I can see what they were saying. Oh, and yes, my boyfriend's nickname was Krillin.  :P 

I can see some similarities to Lina.  I love food as much as her and where ever I go, it looks like a tornado (or fireball, I guess) went through the place.  I can be kind of spunky at times but no one calls me "little girl".  Lol.  Also, people seem to like to follow me around or they find me scary.  I'm not scary though...not even looking.  ;)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2014, 10:17:44 pm »
A few occassions..I'll go back early though because it's not a lot..and you said preferable from those, these are not from those..but still..well..One is anyway

1. Who were you compared to? (Preferable a character from anime, manga, comics, books, video games and etc.)
--in 8th grade, I had a mohawk, and listened to a lot of punk, and similar punk styles..My friend said I looked like Tim Armstrong. The lead singer of Rancid, but with a goatee (I was held back a bit, I was 14)2. What was their reasoning behind it? (If there was any.)
--Because of the Mohawk mostly, but when I put on a beanie and similar sunglasses, I looked a lot like him (I also play guitar so there's that too)3. Do you feel it is accurate and why or why not?
--Very. I admit that I looked like him a lot and was proud lol

--In high school I use to do my style and hair to match  similar to a guitar player named Tripp, from the band Static-X. On MANY occasions I was told I looked like him by fans of the band that I've never met.2. What was their reasoning behind it? (If there was any.)
--Because I TRIED to..lol It was my own doing..3. Do you feel it is accurate and why or why not?
--Yes. Because obviously like I said, I did it on purpose..

Now the ones that fit your perfers..
--Sora from Kingdom Hearts 2. And this was before I cosplayed as him, or at all..2. What was their reasoning behind it? (If there was any.)
--They said because we are the same height..They said I act like him too, which is more accurate..3. Do you feel it is accurate and why or why not?
--Sorta..I mean, I don't think I ever fit the similar facial features or body size (back then I was a lot skinnier too so..), but I DO have the same attitude as him, which is why I like him.

--Cloud from Final Fantasy 7 (Specifically the Advent Children version)2. What was their reasoning behind it? (If there was any.)
--Beats me..I told this dude at my old work (he was a customer) that I was cosplaying cloud and he said he can see why..I asked what he meant, and he said if I was in a Cloud cosplay it'd look right and that he can "see Cloud in me"3. Do you feel it is accurate and why or why not?
--No..lol I look nothing like him..No idea why he thought that..

Offline Pumpkinziggy

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2014, 05:29:23 pm »
My friends would constantly tell me and my twin sister that we should cosplay a set of twins from some anime.... I think it was Ouran High School Host Club? I don't know, everyone knows us as twins. XD I have no clue if it was accurate since I've never seen Ouran.
Welp, can't come to Kumoricon for the next four years... See you all in 2019 hopefully ;w;

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2014, 02:23:03 am »
My boyfriend just told me a few days ago that I reminded him of Knives from Scott Pilgrim T: I still don't really know why. Probably because in the beginning (the movie), she was so amazed at the band and music and such so he compared that to the coolness I see of him liking the same stuff I do, like the internet, video games, references of geeky things, and such. And it was funny because some people might think "wow how geeky and stupid" but when i met him and when we became BFFs, I thought "WOW THIS GUY IS SO AWESOME!!!"
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3