Author Topic: I want to make friends  (Read 5722 times)

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
I want to make friends
« on: May 08, 2014, 02:09:45 pm »
I kinda feel left out at cons since I only talk to the same few people. I try to strike up conversations but even the friendliest ones never seem to go anywhere.

I want to have friends I can do stuff with. People I can hang out with, play video games, go around the town, and so on. I've never really had anybody like that and I'm in my 30s. One would think I'd have established relationships like that at least in my teens...

So, does anybody want to be my friend?

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
Re: I want to make friends
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2014, 02:18:03 pm »
I kinda feel left out at cons since I only talk to the same few people. I try to strike up conversations but even the friendliest ones never seem to go anywhere.

I want to have friends I can do stuff with. People I can hang out with, play video games, go around the town, and so on. I've never really had anybody like that and I'm in my 30s. One would think I'd have established relationships like that at least in my teens...

So, does anybody want to be my friend?

I know that feeling, I guess it might be that I Intimidate people or something. So I would not mind being your friend.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2014, 02:32:32 pm »
I hear that I'm intimidating too, though no one says why (and also it's very rare that anyone tells me to my face--I get it through third parties).

What series do you like? Where are you located? I'm in Beaverton, near Progress Ridge.

I like Pokémon and Animal Crossing and Valkyria Chronicles (though I've only played the second one since it's the only one I have a system for) and the mid-numbered Final Fantasies (6-9 with 6 being my favorite) and I'm currently playing through Atelier Iris.

I have a parrot and she's my baby, though I'm looking into adopting some budgies as well. I love cooking and writing and I have a fanfic I've worked on over a decade. I recently moved so I'm on my own for really the first time.

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2014, 02:50:47 pm »
I hear that I'm intimidating too, though no one says why (and also it's very rare that anyone tells me to my face--I get it through third parties).

What series do you like? Where are you located? I'm in Beaverton, near Progress Ridge.

I like Pokémon and Animal Crossing and Valkyria Chronicles (though I've only played the second one since it's the only one I have a system for) and the mid-numbered Final Fantasies (6-9 with 6 being my favorite) and I'm currently playing through Atelier Iris.

I have a parrot and she's my baby, though I'm looking into adopting some budgies as well. I love cooking and writing and I have a fanfic I've worked on over a decade. I recently moved so I'm on my own for really the first time.

Yea, i have yet to find a cosplay that works well with that.

I like Cowboy bebop, Black lagoon, Blackjack, bobobo-bo bo-bobo, mostly anything by Clamp, Wolf's Rain and many others.

For video games i like Animal crossing, The DDR series, the Jak and daxter series, ratchet and clank series, the pokemon series, and other various games. I like the final fantasy games but I never got them when i first got my ps2, and now my ps2 is really old and i don't want to push it to hard.

I do not have any pets atm, but i am looking to get one eventually.

I live in the seattle area with a roommate.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2014, 04:34:58 pm »
I used to get the "intimidating" thing too..But that was more the whole metal head thing I always have going on with me..But it makes people that are also interested in other similar things not talk to me sometimes..

I could always use more friends, myself..And I'm willing to be anyones friends really..

I like Pokemon too, which seems to be something we all 3 in this thread alreay have in common lol Also, I know Kuroki in real life, so ..lol

I'm into Kingdom hearts..A little too much I think..And Final Fantasy games, as well as the obvious pokemon, but I only really know the 1st and 2nd gen stuff..After that I sorta started drifting from it and not paying attention..I also like the styles of anime you wouldn't guess by looking at me..Looking at me you'd assume action and normal "everyone knows what that anime is" like anruto and bleach and stuff, but I actually don't like that lol I mean I can never hate DBZ in fact I know nothing more than I know about KH and DBZ so....lol But my genres are Magical girl and Day to Day styles. Day to day would be things like Lucky Star, Haruhi and that sorta thing..I like a little of the Day to DAy mixed with Magic and some action..Like A Certain Magical Index/A Certain Scientific Railgun is the one that comes to mind most..As well as some drama, or tear jerker, stuff like Kanon, Clannad, and so on..

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2014, 04:35:46 pm »
I think everyone likes Pokémon.

Would you all like to get together? Maybe somewhere in downtown Portland? We could meet at Powell's or something.

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2014, 04:48:07 pm »
I think everyone likes Pokémon.

Would you all like to get together? Maybe somewhere in downtown Portland? We could meet at Powell's or something.

I don't know the area at all, we will have to see how lively the con is.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2014, 07:23:37 pm »
I don't think that will work for either of us. We are both a good 2-3 hour drive from con..Meaning even farther to portland..And neither of us can driv down there (If I remember correctly Kuroki doesn't drive either). So no matter what, outside of con that's at least impossible for me to get down anywhere near there

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2014, 07:54:35 pm »
I don't think that will work for either of us. We are both a good 2-3 hour drive from con..Meaning even farther to portland..And neither of us can driv down there (If I remember correctly Kuroki doesn't drive either). So no matter what, outside of con that's at least impossible for me to get down anywhere near there

Yea, the only time would be at kumori con.

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2014, 09:34:12 pm »
Well we could have various meets depending on where everyone is. Split it up into groups.

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2014, 10:41:33 pm »
Well if you like, whenever my friends and I hang out, you can tag along? We're normally open to meeting new peoples xD
Only two of us cosplay, but the others are accepting of it as they make props and went to Comic Con beforehand; so they're pretty chill.

It's normally just 3-4 people that hang out though since a majority of our friends are in different states, but we try to see each other often through road trips. //me being the driver. We keep in touch through Skype~

A little thing about us though is that we're all 19, and we can be a little racist at times as well since we joke a lot. I kid you not, we joke a lot. So if you dislike those kind of humor, you may not like us as well but we do try to be respectful on topics as much as possible or when told but all of us are ok with it. We try to come to and understanding first before cracking any jokes. (Plus 2 of us are Sadists, so we make sadistic jokes sometimes as well but we never really hurt each other physically).
We all love to laugh as well, so we're very open XD

We all love Pokemon, watch anime (Even though we never heard of it, we're normally open to watch them), love video games, etc. We talk about recent games or upcoming games a lot such as Kingdom Hearts 3, Final Fantasy, Pokemon Alpha/Omega, Watchdogs, etc. Non-anime? We talk about that, too!
We also have a thing to try new food a lot so every time we go out, we always go somewhere to eat;; (Fair warning if you have a budget or something aha;;)
We usually have either a meet-up at the mall, goes to a friend house to either watch a movie or play games. ^^

Lastly, we're all in the Portland Area 8D

-----

For me personally, I really love talking to people but I'm more of a listening but I do try to talk when I can.

I HIGHLY dislike people walking behind me, so if you're ever behind me and think I won't notice, you're wrong. LOL;; //has this weird 6th sense that makes me stop when someone I know is behind me. I always try to involve everyone in the conversation since I know how it's like to be left out;;

I also have a Cairn terrier who's a complete sweetie~
I'll admit, I'm not the smartest person around (As people tell me I can be oblivious to things or naive), so bear with me if I don't understand a word or phrase;; I really do try my best to understand.

BUT YEAH--

If you ever want to hang out outside of con or during con, let me know! My friends are MORE than willing to welcome you into our group 8D

Offline princess_of_zeal

• Catgirl
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2014, 02:22:09 am »
I always welcome new friends myself.  I don't get out much but I can be friendly.  :P  Also, I'll be 30 in August.

Offline WalkingSpear

• Cabbit
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2014, 04:31:58 pm »
I think I might like to get in on this too. I just moved to Vancouver from Portland by way of Beaverton and before that I was in the Army at Fort Bragg. I do SCA as well as Kumoricon and otherwise have a long list of likes that require more money than I have to spend on them. Beer is one of them. Anime, crafting, sewing, food and cooking, movies in the theater, just walking around and exploring, geocaching; and the list goes on and on.
So are you guys planning on something specifically for con, or are you wanting to do something before then? I wouldn't mind just hanging out sometime, or doing a themed something. I don't have many friends here in Portland, it seems they are scattered all over the world right now;
 and me without traveling funds.
Dang! Kagome, what have you been eating?

Offline CaptnPoptart

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2014, 02:18:56 am »
(dunno if this is still payed attention to or no) I'll be your friend!! > A < I'll be going to the con by meself and I wanna hang around with cool people.
Good News and Bad News.
Bad news is I can't go to Kumoricon the whole weekend because of costs and drivers ed.

GOOD NEWS is that if I can raise enough money I can go for Saturday all day as Espurr (Pokemon X/Y)
Hope to see you all then! <3