Author Topic: Yuri themed panel? (Submitted)  (Read 3673 times)

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
Yuri themed panel? (Submitted)
« on: April 22, 2014, 09:47:17 pm »
At so many cons i always see so many Yaoi panels, so I thought id even it out with a yuri panel. However i have no idea on what to make it about exactly yet. So im open to ideas and people to help run it.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2014, 12:47:16 pm by kuroki-neko »

Offline DasBombadillo

• Sailor Scout
Re: Yuri themed panel?
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2014, 09:36:06 pm »
I have never attended a yaoi panel, so I don't know how exactly they're organized/what content they have.  However I would love to see some more love for yuri at con so I'd be in support of this!  I guess one thing would be to talk about the different series that are kind of landmarks for the genre?  Like Mary Watches Over Us, Strawberry Panic, the recent Sakura Trick, etc.
2018 Plans: St. Gloriana Girls College tanker (Girls und Panzer), Kanan Matsuura (LL! Sunshine), Kitakami (KanColle) and possibly cafe maid.

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #2 on: April 23, 2014, 10:57:28 pm »
I have never attended a yaoi panel, so I don't know how exactly they're organized/what content they have.  However I would love to see some more love for yuri at con so I'd be in support of this!  I guess one thing would be to talk about the different series that are kind of landmarks for the genre?  Like Mary Watches Over Us, Strawberry Panic, the recent Sakura Trick, etc.

Thats a great idea! We have allot of time to mull it over. Thats if i can find a place to stay for the whole con.

Offline kittykat1blabla

• Chibi
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2014, 02:58:38 pm »
I know a few good Yuri's, but I've not even been to a yaoi panel so I don't know what they'd have.
KumoriCon 2015:

>Kuwabara [YuYuHakusho]
>Barnaby Brooks Jr. [Tiger&Bunny]
>Fuu [Samurai Champloo]
>Griffith [Berserk]

Offline Washougal_Otaku

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 02:02:24 am »
Things to possibly go over:

What makes yuri better than YAOI (and/or straight)
Why is it called yuri instead of another female name, like Eiko, or something
Common traits/themes/stereotypes in yuri
Is it really yuri if there's a guy there
Non-hentai characters named Yuri that would be great in a yuri
Non-hentai yuri

The fun thing about panels is that you can do them however you want.  If you want to mimic a panel, it helps to attend one.  If you want to mirror a YAOI panel, I'd recommend searching for YouTube videos of such panels; I'm sure that they're available.  You may also want to look for panels that are centered towards another genre, or specific franchise, just for the sake of a panel blueprint.
My cosplay plans for 2022 (thus far): Vanir from Konosuba
My son's plans this year (thus far): Penguin Chiyo-chan from Azumanga Daioh

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 08:54:39 pm »
Favorite pairings from non-yuri (and non-romance) series!

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 09:34:25 pm »
Favorite pairings from non-yuri (and non-romance) series!

That could work as long as there is still time to submit panels. I would need someone to help me run it.

Offline DasBombadillo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2014, 07:24:41 am »
In response to that request for help, I humbly submit myself as a potential helper.  I'm a little bit of an expert with some Yuri and can easily do more research to buffer what material we already have.  And also I'm firmly in the belief that Yuri doesn't get enough love at cons, so I wanna see this panel happen.
2018 Plans: St. Gloriana Girls College tanker (Girls und Panzer), Kanan Matsuura (LL! Sunshine), Kitakami (KanColle) and possibly cafe maid.

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2014, 12:58:38 pm »
In response to that request for help, I humbly submit myself as a potential helper.  I'm a little bit of an expert with some Yuri and can easily do more research to buffer what material we already have.  And also I'm firmly in the belief that Yuri doesn't get enough love at cons, so I wanna see this panel happen.

Great! Im not sure if we should make it 18+ or not but we can brainstorm it out.

Offline DasBombadillo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2014, 10:33:59 pm »
That'll depend on what we want to talk about, or if we want it to be a general information yuri panel or what.  *goes to brainstorm*

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2014, 10:41:03 pm »
That'll depend on what we want to talk about, or if we want it to be a general information yuri panel or what.  *goes to brainstorm*

ill toss around what will work, time to do some "research"  8)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2014, 11:29:23 pm »
I might come to this. Never seen a Yuri themed panel. This sounds fun

Offline kuroki-neko

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2014, 12:01:19 pm »
If someone wants to run this with me pm me and we will get talking and get it submitted.

Offline DasBombadillo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2014, 08:21:02 pm »
PM sent.