Author Topic: Pokemon X&Y Battle Royal Kumoricon 2014  (Read 4248 times)

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
Pokemon X&Y Battle Royal Kumoricon 2014
« on: October 02, 2013, 06:47:32 pm »

Welcome to the World Of Pokemon,

Today we look in to a Small Region Known as Kumori. Where Trainers Gather Across the Lands. Coming far and wide to partake in the events that unfold. Many come to seek fame and other to simply Have fun with their friends.

But This year a Battle Royal will Take place. Trainers from all over will try their best at beating the 8 gyms before partaking in battling against the Elite four. Who will make it past to Fight against the Champion and be crowned Kumori's New Champion!

Will You take your first steps in this new Region and begin your Pokemon Adventure?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
yep you guessed it I am Hosting a Pokemon tournament for the 3ds with the new Pokemon games X and Y.
What this means is that Everyone who has the Pokemon game X and Y can participate in the tournament.
There will be....
8 Gym Leaders with the 8 Kanto Badges4 Elite Four membersand1 Champion
The Gym Leaders will be easy to spot since they will have the picture above attached to their badges or somewhere on them
and have which gym they are of and which badge they offer.
Not all Gym leaders will be dressed as Pokemon characters so they can be anyone.

There will be group times where the Gym Leaders will Gather in the Park.
Be respectful though of those gym Leaders who are heading to a panel.

You must have all 8 badges to be able to enter the battles in the panel against the elite 4.
If you Lose against the Elite 4 you will have to wait till next year to challenge again.
If you beat the Elite 4 you will be able to face the Champion.
Lose battle against champion you wait till next year.
Win against Champion you become the new Champion!
But that mean you will have to face against the next challenge that follows after you.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We have a year to get ready but we still need to gain members who are going to Kumo next year.

We need people who would like to be Gym Leadersand Elite 4 members
And those interested in being the First Champion
Once we get enough people we will have an event meet up and then battle out who gets to be whatand just have fun all together.So if you are intrested please contact me here or message below or send a message to my Fbhttps://www.facebook.com/kai.brown.927

Hope we can get this under way!

« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 02:47:57 pm by GinKyubiKitsune »
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Kaizen Shade - Blood Jew'l - 50%
Dark Mousy - Dn Angel - 50%
Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline Nayruenthusiast

• Cabbit
Re: Pokemon X&Y Battle Royal Kumoricon 2014
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2013, 11:42:23 pm »
YES! Please tell me Psychic is available! If it is I'll take that. I also told my friends do you might have a few more on the way. If this is relevant right now I am pretty good at Pokemon.
4th place SSBB Kumo 2013
Top 8 Sm4sh Newcon 2014
3rd place Sm4sh Kumo-Lite 2015

Offline Trollestia

• Oni
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2013, 02:18:02 am »
I can be Bug. I doubt anybody else wants to be Bug anyways.

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2013, 02:51:08 pm »
Are there qualifiers? I hope to go as a normal type so I can try to do a normal team, but I've never really done that before so I'm not sure how well I'd do.

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #4 on: December 06, 2013, 03:05:23 pm »
I call fire! 8D

If not, I can totally do water~

Offline BlackjackGabbiani

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2013, 02:54:13 pm »
Also would we be at different levels like the gyms in the games? Would we have different teams based on how many badges the opponent has like in Origin?

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #6 on: December 08, 2013, 06:41:08 pm »
I think, in my opinion, it would be more fun to go all out (& challenging too). O u O.

I mean, even if we did different levels, some people have already raised their pokemon to lvl100 and can entirely wipe out the Gym/Elite without a problem (For say we did the whole lvl10-60 mojo like in the game). However, if we did the restricted Level50, it would be more evenly matched and more challenging considering you can't always one-hit KO. (Possible, but not as easy).

Then we have them legendaries. Will there be rules on this?
Such as; No double items, no legendaries, etc etc. I like to be clarified on this because I don't see any set rules.

----

Btw I'm sticking with water cause I got that team finished and ready before my fire LOL.

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2013, 01:16:56 pm »
I'd be interested in trying this out. I remember seeing the various gym leaders at other conventions, but now that I'm back into the games, it'd be fun to give it a shot!

By the way, I have an idea: what if we had 18 gym leaders? One for each type. You'd still only need 8 badges to challenge the Elite Four, but it could help move things along a bit, and allow for a bit more variety. (Or maybe 14 gym leaders, so that the Elite Four can use the remaining four types.) I'm not trying to take over the event by suggesting this or anything, but I just wanted to share one of the first thoughts that popped into my head when I was reading this.

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2013, 08:30:47 pm »
I wonder if anyone would mind me recreating this thread so I can get an update on all the gym leaders. :o
We can also have a test battle with each other to check out teams (Either online or meet-up, your guys preferences)

I really want to get this started up and I have experience about running leagues (Mostly from Gaia since I participated in a few leagues myself xD)

However, GinKyubi can take it back anytime he wishes > u < . After all, he came up with the idea first. I am more than willing to close my thread if he wants then~ 8D

Offline Nayruenthusiast

• Cabbit
« Reply #9 on: December 16, 2013, 06:28:11 pm »
I contacted GK about a week ago and told him that more people have responded. As long as I get to use my Psychic team I'm happy. I'm still IV breeding in Pokemon X so I don't have my team yet. If we did battle each other it'd be nice to use a simulator like Pokemon Online.
4th place SSBB Kumo 2013
Top 8 Sm4sh Newcon 2014

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2013, 06:41:24 pm »
I had 5iv-4IV dittos so I finished earlier than I thought LOL
And cool! Hope he shows up here soon > u <

Also I use Pokemon Showdown, I actually enjoy using that the most but that's my opinion.

Offline Nayruenthusiast

• Cabbit
« Reply #11 on: December 16, 2013, 07:00:45 pm »
I have PO and PS I switch between the two. I have a ditto for each stat but I'm waiting for Pokemonk so I can get certain pokemon for egg moves.
4th place SSBB Kumo 2013
Top 8 Sm4sh Newcon 2014

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: December 16, 2013, 07:46:10 pm »
Oh god, I can't wait for PokeBank, I can transfer some my already ev'd trained pokemon and save myself the effort ; n ;

I think it's easier for me to use Showdown since it runs quicker on my mac LOL;
But lately it's been lagging horrible (Chat wise).

Offline Nayruenthusiast

• Cabbit
4th place SSBB Kumo 2013
Top 8 Sm4sh Newcon 2014

Offline iBubbleTeax3

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2013, 05:23:30 pm »
Oooh niceee~
Though I question the guy's obsessive use of the Quiver Dance though. o___o... Didn't really need to do THAT much. XD //first battle aha.

That Malamar totally kill in the second battle though!

The last one was just a bored considering the other guys didn't have a decent wall for your Meowstic LOL.. Never give a dragon, dragon tail omf-

We should totally battle one of these days for fun using our gym pokemon 8D

Offline Chek

• Chibi
    • Cheklov's Stupidblog
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2014, 01:47:45 pm »
This hasn't been touched in a while, but I just wanted to toss in my willingness to participate if people are still moving forward with this. I have a few nice fire teams that could use some live battling later this year. :D

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2014, 12:42:57 pm »
Sorry been busy for a while. YES this is still going to happen.

Also it is NOT about types or anything like that at all.
You would be a Gym Leader as if YOU your self or mostly (your character you are cosplaying) would have. So means you would have many pokemon teams to where you would change teams when you change costumes or what not and just battle around type of thing.

Still open for Gym Leaders
Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Akefla - Yugioh - 75%

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2014, 01:19:54 pm »
I'd think it'd be hilariously awesome if I were to be able to be a Fairy-type gym leader/Elite 4 when I'm wearing my giant moogle outfit.  I could possibly get to work on training a Fairy team ASAP.   ;D
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline hawk222

• Chibi
    • Hawk222's tumblr
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2014, 01:23:17 pm »

You would be a Gym Leader as if YOU your self or mostly (your character you are cosplaying) would have. So means you would have many pokemon teams to where you would change teams when you change costumes or what not and just battle around type of thing.

So, it's kinda like those pictures you see where they've given various fictional characters a Pokemon team made up of Pokemon that would naturally fit that character, like Captain America having a Braviary or Thor having a Raichu. Is that about right?

Offline GinKyubiKitsune

• Chibi
« Reply #19 on: April 02, 2014, 11:46:59 pm »

So, it's kinda like those pictures you see where they've given various fictional characters a Pokemon team made up of Pokemon that would naturally fit that character, like Captain America having a Braviary or Thor having a Raichu. Is that about right?

Kinda yeah cause it is more what would you or your Character Who you are cosplaying, Would have for a battle. It allows a Challenge for both the Gym Leaders elite 4's and all other trainers as well. so it totally works.

Kumoricon 2012 Cosplay

Akefla - Yugioh - 75%