Author Topic: Just thought y'all might want to know...  (Read 3173 times)

Offline Cpl. Slicks

• Cabbit
Just thought y'all might want to know...
« on: October 13, 2005, 11:06:13 pm »
Hello everyone!

Your Friendly Neighboring Convention's Chair here, letting everyone down south know about Sakura-Con's next General meeting:

Since I know not everyone here subscribes to SC's email list, here's an update on our October meeting!

When: Sunday, 23 October, 2PM

Where: Tigard City Hall
13125 SW Hall Blvd.
Tigard, OR 97223
(503) 639-4171

http://www.ci.tigard.or.us/city_hall/services/facilities_rooms/room_locations.asp

Agenda: This is primarily an informative meeting to
let our Staff and Attendees how things are progressing
with the Convention. Additional items will be added,
should they arise, and should we achieve quorum

Offline guspasho

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2005, 07:36:30 am »
Sakuracon doesn't hold many of their meetings in Oregon, so if you were looking to get involved with them in any way, this would be a great oppurtunity.
2008 Facilities Liaison

Offline EcchiSpice

• Chibi
    • www.dreamlandjapan.com
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2005, 07:14:54 pm »
Thanks for posting here, Slicks. I'll be there to see how its run.

A lot of our staff sort of cross pollinates, for those who don't know. Sakura has been around longer, and has a different parent group. They are really helpful to us in a lot of ways.
You'll be loved, you'll be loved, like you never have known. When memories of me will seem more like bad dreams. Just a series of blurs, like I never occurred. Someday, you will be loved.

Offline RemSaverem

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2005, 09:44:14 pm »
I'm really looking forward to this meeting (assuming I can find it!) :shock:

If anyone is interested, later that night there is a very interesting concert in Portland, featuring a unique stringed instrument from Japan, called the Shamisen.  The band's name is G-d of Shamisen. They are on the Web of Mimicry label, and have some members who are also in Secret Chiefs 3, if anyone is familiar with esoteric music......join me if you're free!
Ellen. 2003: Fanfic panelist & contest judge.
2004: Beta Station Coord. 2005: Fan Creation Station Coord.;pre-event assistant to the con chair.2006: Fanfic Mgr/C.S. Coord.
2007, 8, 9, 10: Fan Creation Manager. 2011: Writing & Editing Coord (Publicity).