Author Topic: Looking to start a new cosplay group  (Read 29140 times)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
Looking to start a new cosplay group
« on: November 07, 2013, 06:33:42 pm »
Hello, I am a cosplayer/crossplayer in Washington State (Seattle/So King County area).

I am looking to start a group, not really joinan existing one..It's easier to start one for me because my cosplays aren't the typical ones you see in most groups (meaning not extremely popular stuff), so it seems starting a fresh group is best.

The cosplays I currently have on hand:
-Sayuri Kurata (Kanon, not currently finished, in progress)
-Stocking Anarchy (Panty & Stocking. Right now I have an OC version, I'll have the normal one)
-Sweet Lolita coord (Not cosplay, but still..It's the dress used for that Stocking cosplay)
-Cloud Strife (Final Fantasy VII. Original version. But It is also up for sale)
-Elesis [Pyro Knight] (Elsword, not currently finished, in progress)
-Sora [Limit Form] (Kingdom Hearts 2 Final Mix+, need shoes still, other then that though, done)

I at least would like a group that did these..Or would do these with me. I will obviously also do things group wise if you are planning things or have things you want group stuff for too.

Next cosplays for ideas of what else I want to do for group stuff:
-Mitsuki Nase (Kyoukai no Kanata)
-Mew and Sabrina (Pokemon)
-Mikuru or Tsuruya or Ryouko (Haruhi Suzumiya, Yea 3 different characters)

Series I would like to do group stuff with for sure:
-Kanon
-Elsword
-Kingdom Hearts
-Kyoukai no Kanata
-Haruhi Suzumiya
-RWBY
-Final Fantasy
There are others but yea..These are for sure..

Series I am interested in and would be willing to do (I have characters in mind for myself already for all the following series'):
-Dragonball series
-Sailormoon
-Dangan Ronpa
-kanata no kyoukai
-Neon Genesis
-InuXBokuSS
-Ask about others..There are more, but I can't think of them right now..Like..A lot more..

Sadly, like anyone, I also have some seires that I will not do, I do not like the following series' and will not cosplay from them, I don't mind if you do on your own though:
-Naruto
-Bleach (This is a mayube, I don't hate it, I just don't watch it)
-One piece
-There are I think a couple more, but I will remember them if someone brings them up..

I do have a couple little requirements for wanting to make a group..
-I ask that you be 18 or older (I am 26, so I don't wanna be hanging out with teenagers)
-No drug users (including pot). I do not like it, and hope you respect that.
-Be open to series that aren't the most super popular thing..That's the one thing I noticed about most groups..Most people only want to do the most popular series' out..There are plenty of non popular cosplays that will get just as much, or even MORE atttention..

Conventions we would do these group cosplays at:
-Sakuracon
-Kumoricon
-Akicon
(However, at Akicon, I have an Artist Alley table so it will be after we close up shop and for photoshoots)

Possible future things we can do:
-Cosplay skit contests
-Group ccsplay costume contests
-Maid cafes
-Youtube videos of fun-ness
-Anything else really..

Now onto the BIGEST part of this..ANYONE in a group with me, no matter what, get's free labor on anything I need to help make..Need a prop? Maybe a piece of the cosplay, or accessory? Get me materials and I'll make it with no labor charge, AT ALL. That is, as long as it's something I CAN make..Though, that's a pretty big range..^_^

Also, a big thing that I think makes people not want to join a group..Let me get this point out of the way..There is no "leader" or "head" in this a goup I help strt. I want to start an equal group were everyone has the same status and no one can "go over someone's head". Everyone will get chances to give imputs and suggestions, and everyones topics will be talked about. Sounds pretty fair to me..This includes myself. I may be the one to start this and get things going, but that's all I am. I will not consider myself to be "the group leader".
Anyway, Long post, sorry about that lol If you are interested feel free to comment, PM me or even email me at sora-sorous@hotmail.com

UPDATE:
Me and a few others who are helping, along with Chryssaia from this thread already have decided on a maid/butler cafe. It will be Kingdom Hearts and ONLY Organization XIII based. So far we have Larxene (me) and Xemnas (my buddy). Waiting on Chryssaia to pick one and my other friend if he is still wanting to help.

Also, so far me and Chryssaia have already agreed on a POkemon group as Sabrina (me) and Haunter (her). As well as Alice in the Country Off.... with Alice (me) and Vivaldi (her) and her 2 friends as Blood and Peter who just happened to want to join in the cosplay fun with us.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2014, 03:44:50 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline lauradee

• Oni
    • Google+
Re: Looking to start a new cosplay group
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 11:43:54 am »
I have the same problem where I live. I live in such a small population that it is extremely difficult to find anyone who does cosplay. I am at least 3 hours from the closest city that has any kind of convention that is worth traveling for. I have tried posting online but have gotten zero in terms of a response. Hopefully you will find better results than I did. Any other advice would be extremely helpful in finding others near me who are into cosplay. I would love to start some type of group near me or something. Just a few people who are into cosplay and willing to get together on a regular basis would be nice.
Ready for a new and amazing look? Get your pair of fashion sclera contacts  for half price now!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2014, 05:22:18 pm »
I have the same problem where I live. I live in such a small population that it is extremely difficult to find anyone who does cosplay. I am at least 3 hours from the closest city that has any kind of convention that is worth traveling for. I have tried posting online but have gotten zero in terms of a response. Hopefully you will find better results than I did. Any other advice would be extremely helpful in finding others near me who are into cosplay. I would love to start some type of group near me or something. Just a few people who are into cosplay and willing to get together on a regular basis would be nice.

What city or state are you in? You don't have to tell me if you don't wanna, but  even "near [city name]" would help I guess..Like "I live within driving distance of Seattle" is something I could say. Most the people on here are in Oregon, so I really have no chances on here..If you were near me I would not mind trying to start something, but I'll guess you aren't..

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2014, 04:12:04 pm »
*creepy stalker* okay, not really. You live in Seattle, sad face. I live in Beaverton, OR. lol. (looked at your thread since you replied to mine and it made me notice it, haha)
Position history:

2013: Cosplay Staff
2013: Tabletop Staff
2014: Main Events Staff
2014: Outreach Staff
2015: Assistant Director of Publicity

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2014, 08:02:11 pm »
Lol that does suck, but I have to correct you, I live in about 45 minutes south of Seattle. lol Still, no one on here seems to be from around here anyway..

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2014, 04:54:25 pm »
I would love to find a group, and I have a car, so if others have a car, there could be some meeting in the middle or I don't know. I'd be willing if I wasn't the only one driving up all the time. I'll have a house come May so lots of room and no worries about sound and stuff.

Ummm, I'm turning 25 6 in a few weeks, I love anime. (though I need to get into some of the newer anime as most of my favorites are from my generation.)

Anime I aspire to do cosplay from:
Sailor Moon
Fushigi Yuugi
Neon Genesis Evangelion
Ranma 1/2
Rurouni Kenshin
Yu Yu Hakusho (I just bought a wig to do Botan's hair, just need to figure out how to make her Kimono)
Pokemon

Games:
Final Fantasy

Shows I neeeeeed to watch:
Vocaloid
Hetalia
Attack on Titan
Black Butler
A lot more, but my friends will kill me if I don't watch these soon.

So glad you say no to Bleach, Naruto and One Piece. *bows*

When you say Elsword, you're talking about the online game right? I just started playing that. I play World of Warcraft more and would love to one day do WoW cosplay.

Ummmm, lemme know if you want to know more, interested, etc.
Position history:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2014, 05:17:13 pm »
That would be kool. But i don't have a car....lol So that makes things even worse..I never know what to say when talking to people about starting a group because the person without the car would be the obvious choice for cosplay workspace and whatnot..But that's a little hard for me too living with my family still and not having any room to do that..But then not being able to do much travel wise..And you may have a house soon, but as long as it's too far, what good does that do? lol I mean, you know..Kool and all that you get to have your own house..But you get my point lol

Well I turn 27 (which I think I mentioned on here..Not sure) before Kumoricon (bday is early august).

I do plan on cosplaying from Sailormoon and Evangelion, but not anytime soon. I would like to look better before I do that..

AS for what to watch and play..Final fantasy has 20+ games..Good luck with that..Just pick a character from a game, and play that one..Each number is a different story..The only multiple story games are 7, 10, 13 ans tactics. So any of the others all you have to do is play one game..

AS for watch..Vocaloid is not a show..It's a computer thing. They are voice bank software you upload to your computer and make songs and junk with..Nothing to need to know other then the internet personality of created by the internet peoples of the internet..Or not..This is the ONE series-ish thingy where you don't really have to know anything..Youtube a character name and watch a few videos..If you like a song or an outfit in the songs video, cosplay that I guess..All you really NEED to know about any Vocaloid, is what song you cosplayed from..And I don't really like the other 3..I actually don't like Kuroshitsuji (black cutler) because it just wasn't my thing..And I got bored of AoT and I hate Hetalia..So..

Yea, so I guess add those to the list along with the 3 I listed haha But yea..

Yes that game. It's advertised everywhere..But my computer can't hold games too well (piece of crap) so I watch videos of others playing.

Well, you already have 2 in mind that I also have in mind, but mine aren't gonna be for a while..I'm always interested in meeting new people but it's so hard when you are as far as you are..

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 05:26:15 pm »
*punches a wall* VOCALOID IS NOT AN ANIME!!!!! *rage mode off*

I need a group to join as well. I'm being booted from my teen anime club, because I'm not a teen. I'm 23 years old (turning 24 on February 16th). Unfortunately, I don't have a drivers license, nor do I have my own car. Also, I live in Beaverton.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays
FOR SURE: Kirito, Tanjiro Kamado, & Genderbent Mori Calliope*
MAYBE: Who knows

*Please don’t call me Calvin, I prefer Morichi.

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #8 on: January 12, 2014, 05:36:04 pm »
I don't mind being the driver if pitching in for gas is a thing and you offered labor ;) hahaha. I didn't realize you didn't have a car and that is fine.

And Otaku_24, since I live in Beaverton, if we all like each other, this could be a thing, you could just come with me and help with gas..

I did forget to mention, I LOVE Final Fantasy. I used to own every single one, but they got stolen while I was in college.

My apologies about the Vocaloid mixup, basically I just want info on Vocaloid. AS you can tell, my info on it is lacking. I have a lot of friends who are Vocaloid fans, I just have no clue.

I also missed the Dragon Ball on your list, I'm interested in that as well, I used to be obsessed with it <3

The others, I did not recognize, but I could watch and get back to you.
Position history:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #9 on: January 12, 2014, 05:50:44 pm »
I don't mind being the driver if pitching in for gas is a thing and you offered labor ;) hahaha. I didn't realize you didn't have a car and that is fine.

And Otaku_24, since I live in Beaverton, if we all like each other, this could be a thing, you could just come with me and help with gas..

I did forget to mention, I LOVE Final Fantasy. I used to own every single one, but they got stolen while I was in college.

My apologies about the Vocaloid mixup, basically I just want info on Vocaloid. AS you can tell, my info on it is lacking. I have a lot of friends who are Vocaloid fans, I just have no clue.

I also missed the Dragon Ball on your list, I'm interested in that as well, I used to be obsessed with it <3

The others, I did not recognize, but I could watch and get back to you.

That IS a good reason haha. In fact, free labor in helping was exactly to get people to join..lol Like, "Please join!! YOU GET FREE LABOR IF YOU DO!!!!" lol But yea not having a car does NOT help in any way..Having a small group, like, say us 3, wouldn't be bad doing things at my place, but I meant like once it's like a group of 4+ there isn't gonna be room..Also, I have prop supplies like mad at my house, as well as a brand new sewing maching. Which makes group things better lol

Otaku..I am SOO sorry about Kumori this last time..I really wanted to hang out and I know I let you down by not having my guitar with me and hanging out in the karaoke room with you..My bad I take full responsibility for that..I already told the Vocaloid group doing the wedding skit that I will be Akaito and asked them to let me join, so I will for sure have that with my guitar this time haha But if you WERE ok with what this person says (Sorry person..I didn't get a gender from you..I don't wanna say he or she..lol) That sounds like fun.

Oh..lol Well, that blows..I have beated 1-8..lol Played a lot of the rest, but only beat those ones..And I only beat 7:crisis core, not DoC..lol

Don't sweat the mixup..Everyone does it..Like....Anyone that didn't basically learn about it the first time they saw the name, would easily assume..Meaning, if you HEARD of, or saw a cosplay of, Vocaloid, but no one said anything else..You would assume anime..

You think you were obsessed? Sorry..But that's cute..You have no idea what "Obsessed with Dragonball" is untill you talk to me about it in person........^_^

Yea..A lot of the stuff I cosplay (or plan to cosplay from) are not necessarily LONG anime or anything..There are more too..Like I just watched seasons 1 and 2 of The World God Only Knows, and I plan on cosplaying Elsie pretty soon in her school uniform..

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #10 on: January 12, 2014, 05:58:55 pm »
Now, I feel like you should know about my cosplays.

What I've done;
- Durarara (Shizuo Heiwajima)
- Naruto* (too many to list)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinji Ikari, school uniform version)
- Vocaloid** (Len Kagamine, Dell Honne, Mikuo Hatsune, and Kiyoteru Hiyama)

*Since you're not fans of this anime, I will NEVER force you to cosplay a character from this anime.
**I will be cosplaying as Kiyoteru Hiyama (Day Zero) and Mikuo Hatsune (Day Three) at Kumoricon 2014.

Upcoming Cosplay;
- Gintama*** (Gintoki Sakata)

***I will be cosplaying as Gintoki Sakata (Day Two and [possibly] Day Four) at Kumoricon 2014.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:00:21 pm by Otaku_24 »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #11 on: January 12, 2014, 06:05:13 pm »
Now, I feel like you should know about my cosplays.

What I've done;
- Durarara (Shizuo Heiwajima)
- Naruto* (too many to list)
- Neon Genesis Evangelion (Shinji Ikari, school uniform version)
- Vocaloid** (Len Kagamine, Dell Honne, Mikuo Hatsune, and Kiyoteru Hiyama)

*Since you're not fans of this anime, I will NEVER force you to cosplay a character from this anime.
**I will be cosplaying as Kiyoteru Hiyama (Day Zero) and Mikuo Hatsune (Day Three) at Kumoricon 2014.

Upcoming Cosplay;
- Gintama*** (Gintoki Sakata)

***I will be cosplaying as Gintoki Sakata (Day Two and [possibly] Day Four) at Kumoricon 2014.

Ah neat. You already got a head start on us for Evangelion lol I was planing Asuka in her plugsuit, but I can make a school uniform much easier haha Plus that plugsuit was the one I needed to wait on doing..No way will I look good in that thing right now..

Thank you for not asking us to cosplay from things we don't like. Good attitude. Also, I plan on cosplaying Rin when I can. Do you cosplay default Len?

Also, what do you guys think about K-On? I plan on Azusa. I want to do her uniform, and her Listen! outfit. I need a damn Fender Mustang though..God I hate Fenders >.< I'll more then likely go with a Stratocaster though..Since Mustangs are freaking $700+
If not, I will do Ritsu as she is my second fav, and I have a drumming problem..That means I drum on everything....Like..Everything..i will sit there and randomly annoy the people around me..
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:06:10 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #12 on: January 12, 2014, 06:10:04 pm »
*noms on a banana* Yes, I cosplay Default Len. Now, should I leave my banana peel on the floor or toss it in the trash?
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2014, 06:12:53 pm »
Awesome. I plan Default Rin too.

As for the peel..You must ask yourself one question:
"Am I on a Mario Cart race track?"
If YES, then be my guest.
If NO, then screw that and do it anyway..Classic gag..

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #14 on: January 12, 2014, 06:22:49 pm »

YAY!!!!! OuO

Dell Honne: Screw gravity. *floats away*
Gumo Megpoid: Screw the rules. *jaywalks in traffic, LIKE A BOSS*
Len Kagamine: Screw proper disposal of trash. *leaves my banana peel on the floor*

FYI: Dell and Gumo's lines came from videos I saw on YouTube.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #15 on: January 12, 2014, 06:30:27 pm »

YAY!!!!! OuO

Dell Honne: Screw gravity. *floats away*
Gumo Megpoid: Screw the rules. *jaywalks in traffic, LIKE A BOSS*
Len Kagamine: Screw proper disposal of trash. *leaves my banana peel on the floor*

FYI: Dell and Gumo's lines came from videos I saw on YouTube.

That is freaking hilarious..I got one since I also cosplay a Vocaloid..
Akaito: Screw all your screwing!! I'M METAL AS F*CK!! (The version I do is considered the dark and heavy metal version of Kaito so..)

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #16 on: January 12, 2014, 06:32:24 pm »
Kiyoteru Hiyama: *facepalms* Screw it, I'm gonna need more Iced Coffee.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 06:38:01 pm by Otaku_24 »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #17 on: January 12, 2014, 06:36:29 pm »
I don't know who that is..lol

Ya know, I think it's also pretty funny that I picked Akaito..Weirdest thing..I originally had a normal Kaito cosplay (You know, blue and white coat, blue hair version)..But I saw the red and black and didn't know his name was Akaito, so I kept calling him Kaito..I already chose him at that point to cosplay. However, I looked further into it realy far, and found that he was another name, but was still a version of Kaito..Then I read he was the dark and metal version created by the internet world..The funny part? I grew up on death metal....lol Total accident that I picked basically myself..

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #18 on: January 12, 2014, 06:52:02 pm »
Here's some info about Kiyoteru Hiyama, for you to read; http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Hiyama_Kiyoteru

Here's some additional info about Kiyoteru Hiyama.

Birthday (his creation date): December 4, 2009
Character Item: A notebook.
Favorite Drink: Iced Coffee.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #19 on: January 12, 2014, 06:55:27 pm »
Here's some info about Kiyoteru Hiyama, for you to read; http://vocaloid.wikia.com/wiki/Hiyama_Kiyoteru

Here's some additional info about Kiyoteru Hiyama.

Birthday (his creation date): December 4, 2009
Character Item: A notebook.
Favorite Drink: Iced Coffee.

Ah I see. I haven't seen this one before.Then again, I don't really look..lol Seems way too plain for a Vocaloid, ya know? Never woulda guessed if I saw a cosplay or even a pic..That's kool though

Oh also, are any of you into Alice in wonderland versions?
I saw this video, and want to do at least the outfit she gets changed into. Skip to 2:00 and watch. She spins and Vivaldi rips her costume off to reveal an even more awesome looking one.I would love to do the second one if someone wants to be the queen. These are characters from Heart no Kuni no Alice (Alice in the country of hearts, in english). I am gonna be looking it up..More then likely watching it. A lot of people love it. They have a lot of characters to choose from too if you guys are interested
« Last Edit: January 12, 2014, 09:49:03 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2014, 09:06:48 am »
Well, if this is going to become a thing, it might be best for us to do the cosplays we were planning for this year and then plan some group stuff next year. I suggest this, because you both have your cosplays set, I'm just barely restarting myself and it could prove to be a bit hard, but we could hang out at con. (Keep in mind, I am staff at con, so I'll be free a lot of the time, but at con I work part of the time.) Things might be changing with this, we will see, but let me know now if you have an issue with me being staff and not being a group 100% of the time.

*eyes gloss over as she has nooooo idea about the vocaloid characters, but definitely doing research, I swear* If you guys help, we could do a group Vocaloid cosplay, I just need to do my researching.

I LOVE Alice in Wonderland. LOVELOVELOVE. fyi.

and on DBZ, I probably don't hold a candle to you now. I did stop watching it eventually, though I have seen all of it. I want to go back through it, though. <3
Position history:

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2014, 09:11:03 am »
also, more ideas on things I want to cosplay:

Makoto Kino in her school uniform. We could do a sailor scout school uniform cosplay as well as in their senshi outfits? I'd want to do Sailor Jupiter or Sailor saturn (preferred) in scout uniform. I also would love to one day do a princess cosplay of Princess Saturn.

For Evangelion, I've always wanted to do Misato or Rei, so that could fit with you guys doing Shinji and Asuka.

For Alice in Wonderland: Here are characters I've wanted to do in order of preference, Queen of Hearts, Mad Hatter, Alice. (though the first two swap places a lot.
Position history:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2014, 12:33:24 pm »
Well yea, I'm just being informative..That's all..It's not fair of me to ask for a group thing then start doing my own stuff all willy nilly. Staff is no problem. We all have our non group cosplays..Pick something you like that we don't or something..Plus, I think if you staff, they will let you slide for like, one photoshoot while on duty if you are passionate about that one..Like if we do Vocaloid, but you work durring it..If they see how dedicated you are to the ONE, they might let you go for that one time..Most higher up staff is nice enough..My friend staffed Aki every year (not a main staff though, just a grunt) and they let him do stuff if he pled to them..

Yea, there are a crap ton to choose from..Technically, if Otaku does that Len, and obviously I do Akaito, then just look up vocaloids on google and wiki and stuff..All the main pics are their original looking outfits..Any of those would match our defaults..

Well, this isn't really "Alice in wonderland" I Guess..The version I was talking about is an anime style version..It seems the anime was stopped until further notice (which never came) so it's only got like a few episodes..But they have light novels and a manga..So I'll be reading the manga online..

It's all good. No one knows more about Dragonball then me..lol..

As for your second post:
That would be awesome if you do Makoto. God I'm not use to their japanese names....lol A "non senshi" version would be awesome. I think I would rther do Rei there though..That uniform is freaking cute!! I ain't doin no princess versions though. I didn't like them..

Rei would work perfectly........

Yea, again, this Allice is different..That character in the video looked like you would call her the Queen of Hearts (or Red Queen) but they call her Vivaldi. I also don't know what other characters their are, but I think they have a Hatter character..I can look it up if you want..

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2014, 06:26:45 pm »
Yeah the only Alice in Wonderland ish Manga I know of is Alice 19th. (I LOOOVEEEEE YU WATASE) What is the name of yours?

Also, with staff, they are very good at scheduling around panels people want to go to. I have a lot of the convention free. This year I'll be working backstage at the Cosplay Competition heading up the stage. I have lots of goals to move up in staff as well. I absolutely love being staff, but they are REALLY good about scheduling. It's great."

I think the princess dresses are pretty, but I'm not attached to them. I've ALWAYS wanted to do Makoto's normal school girl (I also agree, Rei's is awesome!) and as a Scout, I already have the Sailor Saturn leo with bows and skirt attached, but it's 2 sizes too small. I want to lose weight, so maybe next year I'll fit into it. If not, I can have a goal be to do Makoto.

Soooo, if you can't tell, I'm game for all of this. If you guys want to form a group, I think we should try and meet. Are either of you going to Sakura Con? I might be working the Kcon booth there.
Position history:

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2014, 06:47:15 pm »
Speaking of being on staff, if I land my dream position (Karaoke Room Staff Person), I might get too into my job, and basically run myself into the ground. And that would be bad, because if I'm overly tired, I have a tendency to become a nightmare, if you know what I mean.

As for going to Sakuracon, I wanna go, but my mom is worried, about me being by myself in a large building (the convention center in Seattle), with 20,000+ other people.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #25 on: January 13, 2014, 06:50:21 pm »
well, we could meet since I live in Beaverton and if you get a pass, you could ride up with me. It's an option. I dunno. I still don't know if I'm working the con, but I should be going anyway.
Position history:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #26 on: January 13, 2014, 07:22:37 pm »
Chryssaia,

OMG I FORGOT ABOUT ALICE 19TH!! I HAD THAT ONE!!!! I sold in 2011, but yea..I had it..I liked it.

Yea, that was sorta what I meant. If you already have staffed, you would know more then me..I've always wanted to do a contest..But I wanna do a skit..lol No idea what though, but I always wanted to..I'm big on performing....Being a musician and all..

Yea, like I said the uniforms would be a nice one. I think even better then senshi..Because tell me how many groups of SM school uniform cosplays you have seen? Now tell me how many senshi groups? Yea..Exactly..

I already have a room (but need 2 more roomies) and a badge for SC. I will be there for sure. I plan on meeting another person interested too. I PM with her all the time here. She isn't too sure yet, as she is only turning 18, but she has similar interests. We can all meet somewhere I guess..

Otaku,
How would she feel if you had people with you? I don't mind hanging out with you if it means you can go. You are over 18 so it's not like you need a permission form or anything. I mean, I totally understand her concern..Being far from home, all alone. I can also understand if she sees hanging out with a stranger as worse or whatever, but it's at least worth a try..The worst that can happen is you stay at the same point as you are now..

EDIT:
Oh I didn't see the reply to you lol That might be a good idea. You both live near each other, making it so she can meet your mom..If you get the go ahead, you it would be easier for her to not worry.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2014, 07:24:14 pm by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #27 on: January 13, 2014, 07:33:02 pm »
yeah, whether I have a staff badge or not, I will be going to sak. I have a place to stay that is free to me, but not at the convention center. How much would be the split on your room if I went that route? I like staying on the con grounds, it's nicer. (and which hotel is your room in?) Also, how many people total in the room? *needs to have a bed, just don't care about sharing beds, lol*

I do want to do skits! I WOULD LOVE THIS.

Yeah Alice 19th is awesome.
Position history:

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #28 on: January 13, 2014, 07:47:52 pm »
Chryssaia

Please click this link; http://www.cosplaycostumeoutlet.com/images/537a.jpg

That's my day three cosplay. His name is Mikuo Hatsune.
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #29 on: January 13, 2014, 10:42:20 pm »
yeah, whether I have a staff badge or not, I will be going to sak. I have a place to stay that is free to me, but not at the convention center. How much would be the split on your room if I went that route? I like staying on the con grounds, it's nicer. (and which hotel is your room in?) Also, how many people total in the room? *needs to have a bed, just don't care about sharing beds, lol*

I do want to do skits! I WOULD LOVE THIS.

Yeah Alice 19th is awesome.

Oh yea I figured that..Who DOESN'T wanna go to SC..?? That would be weird..haha Well, my friend, but she goes to Comicon so she is too beat to go..She IS going, but still..lol She chooses the other..

Anyway, I am at the crown plaza. You know where the 4th floor is right..I mean everyone does..The big open park..Anyway, if you leave the park going away from the con, down the steps, when you hit the street you will arive at a corner with 2 hotels..We are directly across the street. No hills no nothing, straight to the best area of the con. The stay, if I can get 4 people, will be $132 per person. Hopefully we can KEEP it that way..Also, currently one of my homies is coming with..And yes, I call him my homie and he calls me that....We are not gangsas..We are retards..lol He is the chillist dude I know..Like, the koolest person I have ever met. And the nicest..He will also give up ANY bed for another person. He argued at akicon 2012 with another friend of ours, because he was trying to force her to not have to sleep on the floor, telling her he HAS to give her the bed and take the floor or he feels bad..lol Just thought I should give you a run down of this guy so you feel better about it..So yea, no worries on a bed. You will get one if you stay. Also, fair warning, I have someone that might have his wife on hold too..But they have no freaking idea..I told them if I get a for sure from someone else, I'm passing them up..I can't afford to hold for someone that hasn't any clue..

Chryssaia

Please click this link; http://www.cosplaycostumeoutlet.com/images/537a.jpg

That's my day three cosplay. His name is Mikuo Hatsune.
I love the way Mikuo looks. I've always liked him over Miku..lol

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #30 on: January 13, 2014, 11:05:47 pm »
Please click this link; http://youtu.be/2kwDNfNhsZo (if you decide to learn this song on your guitar, you and me could make Miku Hatsune's birthday REALLY special)
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #31 on: January 13, 2014, 11:26:34 pm »
Please click this link; http://youtu.be/2kwDNfNhsZo (if you decide to learn this song on your guitar, you and me could make Miku Hatsune's birthday REALLY special)

That is extremely simple..I think I learned it just listening to it it was that simple..The majority of the song has no guitar though..All that noise outside of the bass guitar and drums, is a keyboard..The verses are only those 3..The guitar comes in on the chorus and right after that. This is the problem with all vocaloid songs..They all have HUGE gaps with no guitar in them..Same with jpop and kpop. There is very very little guitar in them..

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #32 on: January 13, 2014, 11:31:37 pm »
Evangelion + Vocaloid = http://youtu.be/FfS9hGkytwc
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2014, 11:15:37 am »
Evangelion + Vocaloid = http://youtu.be/FfS9hGkytwc

uh..That quality is extremely terrible..But reading the description, they only changed the voice, not the music in any way..So that means looking up the original would give me the good quality music. There are also NO guitars in this..I'm starting to wonder if you are able to identify instruments..I've been playing for 14 years, so it's easy to hear if there is or isn't a guitar for me, but you seem to not know the difference between guitar and keyboard..I'm not trying to be rude or anything, but I think linking me to videos to learn is wasting your time. I think out of all of the videos you have showed me, including this thread AND the visual kei thread from last year, only ONE artist you gave me has guitar in it..And even then, very little of it at best.

Let me just throw some information out at you. 99% of pop style will NOT have guitar ANYWHERE in it..

OH EDIT: Also By the way, about the Alice stuff. I found the outfit:
http://www.cosplayhouse.com/images/D/Heart_no_Kuni_no_Alice_Hat_Seller_costume_ver_01-5-05.jpg
It's a real outfit in the series. Not an OC. I can totally do it with no worries. I want to very badly. There are a lot of awesome characters. The dude in the pic, I'm almost CERTAIN he is the "Hatter" character
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 11:28:23 am by Sailor-Jeimi »

Offline JaegerDarkness

• Catgirl
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2014, 02:53:00 pm »
Let me try again. I hope you're ready for this.

http://youtu.be/eHHoGTwV6Sg

If you don't like it, I'm gonna burst into tears and give up, because I'm obviously a tone deaf moron.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 03:29:31 pm by Otaku_24 »
~~Formerly Otaku_24~~

K-con '22 Cosplays

MEMBER OF CHAIR ARMY!
Please join my party!
In the Survey Corps
Deku x Uraraka

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2014, 10:17:09 pm »
Let me try again. I hope you're ready for this.

http://youtu.be/eHHoGTwV6Sg

If you don't like it, I'm gonna burst into tears and give up, because I'm obviously a tone deaf moron.

That wasn't what I was trying to say..I'm sorry if you took it wrong..It's a little hard to say "you can't tell if there's a guitar" when there is literally in front of you someone playing one..It's the pop ones I was talking about..This is obviously not pop. By pop I meant things that followed suit with the vocaloid style and so on..This has a good rock taste to it. This band even has double bass drums..Which is most common in heavy rock..They most certainly are not pop, meaning what I said does not apply in this video..You just wanted to say "Hey I know what a guitar is so here's a video that you can't say there isn't one in"..Which is really not saying much..Remember the VK thread? You gave me LISTS of artists to try to "learn their guitar parts for you to sing to because you knew the lyrics" right? Out of all of the artists, only 2 at MOST had guitar in them at all..That's what I was getting at..You asked me to learn a bunch of non existant things..

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2014, 07:57:47 am »
http://www.cosplayhouse.com/images/D/Heart_no_Kuni_no_Alice_Hat_Seller_costume_ver_01-5-05.jpg
It's a real outfit in the series. Not an OC. I can totally do it with no worries. I want to very badly. There are a lot of awesome characters. The dude in the pic, I'm almost CERTAIN he is the "Hatter" character

Those are AMAZING! Though, with those, I'd prefer doing Alice. XD I look like a fat penguin in suits XD
Position history:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2014, 01:35:09 pm »

Those are AMAZING! Though, with those, I'd prefer doing Alice. XD I look like a fat penguin in suits XD

Aww..That sucks..You can do another version of her..She has a couple different outfits so far..In the mangas Hearts no Kuni no Alice and Clover no Kuni no Alice, she wears the normal blue one, but it slightly changes in Clover. Also, I found an actual shot of her in that white dress so I know now that it's official, so I can cosplay it without wondering. I will be starting it probably after sakuracon unless I get money..Honestly, though, there are SO many alice versions out there....Though, I'm not sure you said any reasons about not doing the queen? I can help ya..I love that stuff..I read back a little and I didn't see you decline her, but I might have missed it because I think you did but I don't remember..Is there any reason you wouldn't do the queen? Her outfit is to die for!!

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #38 on: January 15, 2014, 01:52:14 pm »
yeah, I have no issue doing the queen.

Usually I do fem versions of males or just females. Like I said, I look like a fat penguin in a suit XD
Position history:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #39 on: January 15, 2014, 02:03:25 pm »
Vivaldi is awesome. I think (not pushing but....) that you should. It'd be awesome to have someone that talks like her..She uses "we" and "us" and stuff rather then "me" and "I". It's so kool lol

Fem would look kool, but I think for these versions it won't be noticeable who you are since they are different. The hatter's name is Blood Dupre, the March Hare is Elliot, the tweedle twins are gate keepers who love to murder random people, there's a clock repairman named Julius, the white rabbit is named Peter White, the cat's name is Borris. And there's more added stuff..It's weird..

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #40 on: January 17, 2014, 04:44:15 pm »
OMFG VIVALDI!!! I AM DOING THIS!!! Vivaldi fits my style soooo much!!! And I know this one, so I can play her well =] I'll still probably go back over it, but still.

Also, I just got my blue wig in and I feel kind of bad about wasting a long haired wig, but I decided I don't want to do Botan from YuYu Hakusho. I think I might just cut it for a Rei Ayanami wig and make her school uniform. Then when I lose more weight, I can have the wig for when I do her plug suit one day.

So, should we swap contact info or something?
Position history:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2014, 10:11:45 pm »
OMFG VIVALDI!!! I AM DOING THIS!!! Vivaldi fits my style soooo much!!! And I know this one, so I can play her well =] I'll still probably go back over it, but still.

Also, I just got my blue wig in and I feel kind of bad about wasting a long haired wig, but I decided I don't want to do Botan from YuYu Hakusho. I think I might just cut it for a Rei Ayanami wig and make her school uniform. Then when I lose more weight, I can have the wig for when I do her plug suit one day.

So, should we swap contact info or something?

YES!!!! THAT MAKES ME HAPPY SOOO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! I will have Alice for Kumori this year for sure, so you will see me as her at least once before you do it..Unless you have a way to get one done by then, but I won't rush that awesome dress..

Well, no point in letting it go to waste..Oh also I had an idea..If we get a group going, how do you feel about maid cafes? I have a few characters who would work fine in the situation..Obviously it would not be until there's an actual GROUP to HAVE that happen with, but still one day..

If you want....You can PM me with whatever contact info you are willing to give. I will reciprocate with the same information. I ask you to do it first as I have no info I am not willing to share already. What info gets sent is totally up to you..

Oh, and....I feel really weird..I'm totally on a dang Code Geass kick right now..I just watched the entire thing..Season one last night and 2 I just finished about 10 minutes ago lol I'm all hyped haha

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2014, 10:35:01 pm »

YES!!!! THAT MAKES ME HAPPY SOOO MUCH YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!!! THANK YOU SOOO MUCH!! I will have Alice for Kumori this year for sure, so you will see me as her at least once before you do it..Unless you have a way to get one done by then, but I won't rush that awesome dress..

Yay! And yeah, I suuuuuuuuuuuuuck at sewing, so it's going to take me some time. I want it to be perfect and I will be trying to get help wherever I can. And I want to see about getting a corset for it. For next year, my budget will be bigger and I want to go all out. I really like cosplay to be as close to the original as possible. I have dark hair, but I might get a wig just so I can do the hair right. THAT DRESS!! UGH IT IS SO AMAZING.

Well, no point in letting it go to waste..Oh also I had an idea..If we get a group going, how do you feel about maid cafes? I have a few characters who would work fine in the situation..Obviously it would not be until there's an actual GROUP to HAVE that happen with, but still one day..

I want to hear more about this. Like dressing up as maids and doing a maid cafe panel or something? I mean, I love dressing up as a maid, lol.

If you want....You can PM me with whatever contact info you are willing to give. I will reciprocate with the same information. I ask you to do it first as I have no info I am not willing to share already. What info gets sent is totally up to you..

sent =]

Oh, and....I feel really weird..I'm totally on a dang Code Geass kick right now..I just watched the entire thing..Season one last night and 2 I just finished about 10 minutes ago lol I'm all hyped haha

I need to watch this. You are the third person this week to bring it up.
Position history:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2014, 11:17:44 pm »
Yea that makes complete sense lol I totally get that as I am the same. Imight be able to help, but I'm not really sure..If you were to be able to make trips this way I could probably make it for you..But that might actually cost more in gas lol
Personally a wig might suit i better..She has those drill curls that would not stay in a con setting unless forced like a wig with a structure.

That's exactly what I mean. Have you attended one before? My friend Sen holds them sometimes. He is a crossplayer like me, but his group has cafes with maids and butlers. Very kool. Anyway, it would "basically" be a panel, as it would be in a room and have a set time on the panel schedule I think, but it's usually a 2 hour time slot that get's set. Meaning if a shoot happens to pop up right before the con that you wanna hit, you have to forget the shot exists and go to the panel..It sucks when that happens, but that's life I guess..The MAIN reason I want to do this is because of sen. Seeing the way they all interacted as not just a team, but friends, was awesome. And those style dresses look best on me over all other female attire..

I got the PM and will be reading it after this and replying.

It's a great series. I now wanna cosplay from it haha
Don't think I'll ever actually get around to it, but when you watch it, you will come up on an episode where Lelouch (main character) meets Mao (you will know who he is when he comes up, about mid season 1). Mao will tell him in a trolly that he can read minds, in this episode, C.C. (they pronounce it C-2) will have this awesome lolita/victorian look to her..Her hair will be in high picgtails and she will have frilly stuff. I wanna do that version haha
You will also meet a character named Kaguya. She is a young girl (looks around 12-13) and she wears a weird looking kimono top with a skirt and over her arms is some weird stiff fabric. Anyway, she has 3 outfits that are to die for..I wanna do them all hahahahahahahaha

Offline Chryssaia

• Administrator
    • Facebook
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2014, 11:47:27 pm »
Yea that makes complete sense lol I totally get that as I am the same. Imight be able to help, but I'm not really sure..If you were to be able to make trips this way I could probably make it for you..But that might actually cost more in gas lol
Personally a wig might suit i better..She has those drill curls that would not stay in a con setting unless forced like a wig with a structure.

There might still be ways I could get your help, I don't know. It depends how I decide to make it.

That's exactly what I mean. Have you attended one before? My friend Sen holds them sometimes. He is a crossplayer like me, but his group has cafes with maids and butlers. Very kool. Anyway, it would "basically" be a panel, as it would be in a room and have a set time on the panel schedule I think, but it's usually a 2 hour time slot that get's set. Meaning if a shoot happens to pop up right before the con that you wanna hit, you have to forget the shot exists and go to the panel..It sucks when that happens, but that's life I guess..The MAIN reason I want to do this is because of sen. Seeing the way they all interacted as not just a team, but friends, was awesome. And those style dresses look best on me over all other female attire..
I have never been to one, so I'd need some explaining, but I'm game. It sounds like a blast.

It's a great series. I now wanna cosplay from it haha
Don't think I'll ever actually get around to it, but when you watch it, you will come up on an episode where Lelouch (main character) meets Mao (you will know who he is when he comes up, about mid season 1). Mao will tell him in a trolly that he can read minds, in this episode, C.C. (they pronounce it C-2) will have this awesome lolita/victorian look to her..Her hair will be in high picgtails and she will have frilly stuff. I wanna do that version haha
You will also meet a character named Kaguya. She is a young girl (looks around 12-13) and she wears a weird looking kimono top with a skirt and over her arms is some weird stiff fabric. Anyway, she has 3 outfits that are to die for..I wanna do them all hahahahahahahaha

I took a look at the characters and it seems awesome! Now to watch it haha
Position history:

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #45 on: January 18, 2014, 12:08:35 am »
That was more for if you decide to have me help with the whole thing. I need you in front of me to make things fit. I'm not good with sewing outfits unless I can be there to fit it..

Well, it's pretty simple and straightforward. But having the right attitude down makes or breaks the entire thing with these. Not like a normal restaurant where you just say hello take an order bring it. At these things you gotta be a little more "maid-ish" and it could easily seem embarrassing..I can tell you more when we figure things out.

Yea, outta all the anime's I've ever seen, it's by far the most interesting to say the least. Not something I can call a favorite, or top 5 or something, but still

Offline Z_Skie

• Cabbit
« Reply #46 on: January 20, 2014, 12:57:01 am »

Hello Chryssaia and We meet again Otaku
I have been pm Jeimi since I first found his post about needing a cosplay group
I will be cosplaying 2014:
Seychelles
Fem Luigi

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #47 on: January 20, 2014, 10:18:09 am »

Hello Chryssaia and We meet again Otaku
I have been pm Jeimi since I first found his post about needing a cosplay group

HEY HEY!! Welcome to the page!! I believe I mentioned having been PMing a user here also looking for group stuff. This is her..

Offline DasBombadillo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2014, 06:23:41 am »
*waves* Hey,  I've been talking to you over on cosplay.com, but I thought I'd introduce myself here too.  I'm kind of a veteran crossplayer though I'll be the first to admit that my makeup skills are very rudimentary and lacking.  All the same I'm happy to find a group to join and possibly do group stuff with.
Series I have cosplayed: Sakura Wars/Sakura Taisen, Excel Saga, Evangelion, The King of Fighters
Current plans for Kumoricon 2014 - Sakura Shinguji (Sakura Wars), possibly battleship Kongou (Kantai Collection), an OC Carthaginian magical girl (because ancient history + anime is something I do sometimes) and other than that open to possibly switching ideas in and out.
I have experience as a stage actor, my last appearance in a play being maybe 3-4 years ago.  Currently I'm teaching English in Japan but I will be returning to Oregon in August a couple weeks before Con.  I've also participated in Cosplay Chess (2012) and other panels/events in both drop-in and pre-registered fashions.  Other than that I'm open to suggestions for new series to watch or play (in the case of video games), as well as eager about doing a group cosplay someday.  Sorry this isn't more detailed, but nice to meet everyone.
Oh, when I'm in Oregon I live in Forest Grove and my car's transmission died a few months before I came to Japan.  Therefore I'd use public transportation and/or rides to get around upon my return.
2018 Plans: St. Gloriana Girls College tanker (Girls und Panzer), Kanan Matsuura (LL! Sunshine), Kitakami (KanColle) and possibly cafe maid.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2014, 10:06:06 am »
*Waves even harder* HHEEEEYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol
So yea..Technically the only one I mentioned to you already was Chryssaia, so she's technically the oly one other then me. Z-Skie, like she mentioned, was the first one to respond though. We were trying to figure stuff out too but I'm not 100% on if she is able to do anything already planned. And so far it seems like you aren't able to either for now, but yea..