Author Topic: 2014 : Cosplay Progress Thread  (Read 35855 times)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
Re: 2014 : Cosplay Progress Thread
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2014, 03:46:52 pm »
Speaking of, why are there two 2014 cosplay progress threads? O_O;;
Oh well, I'm done with a large portion of painting and am just waiting for paint to set and what not.
Dreaming is easy, dreamwalking is hard.
Kumori'15
Kanata (Trinity Universe)

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #51 on: May 05, 2014, 02:32:01 pm »

Made Nonon's skirt today :3
Its not finished yet but it wont be until I make the top of the dress. I just wanted to make sure I could do it before I got too deep in the costume.
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #52 on: May 05, 2014, 03:15:34 pm »
Speaking of, why are there two 2014 cosplay progress threads? O_O;;
Oh well, I'm done with a large portion of painting and am just waiting for paint to set and what not.

Technically there's only ONE..The reason there are 2 with the same title is because someone started posting 2014 stuff into the 2013 thread and then even after this one was made the mods decided to make that thread have a new title..The people from that thread were still quoting things from 2012 and 2013 thinking they were 2014 related which was why we made the new thread..But no one seems to care that they are looking at a lot of older posts and not realizing it..

Offline nikkiolie

• It's over nine THOUSAND!!!!!
    • Facebook
« Reply #53 on: May 06, 2014, 08:30:18 am »
I got my wig for Mu yesterday and I am so in love with how it looks. Every time I see this picture I squee a little because I think I look a lot like him. I need to trim the bangs and it will be perfect :3

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #54 on: June 04, 2014, 10:58:44 pm »
I've made a lot of sporadic progress on my costumes, likely all progress on one costume I might not even bring.

I've finished Yuna's FFX staff and all of the work on the obi. For FFX-2 gunner Yuna, I've finished everything but sewing on some trim to the gradient skirt, fixing my stitches on the shorts, and making the Jecht symbol and attaching it to the shirt. Also, debating if I'm going to remake her hair tail or not- I might, but that'll be one of the last things worked on.

I've also started drafting out patterns and bought fabric for another new costume for Kumori.

I'm really glad I started all of this cosplay work a few months ago cause it's given me enough time to look for sales and really look around for things. And make errors.... Always make errors haha... *groans* At least they're errors I can live with.
Kumori'15

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #55 on: June 05, 2014, 02:32:40 pm »
Was going to start remaking Barret's gun-arm today, but I realized I still need contact adhesive and a cutting mat (so I don't tear my table to ribbons). So, kinda bummed I'm going to have to wait another week or so before I can start anything. I got the cosplay bug now though!

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline kit2kit

• Catgirl
    • Tumblr
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2014, 10:11:29 pm »
I got my arms for Peacock spray painted today : D

Now I need to paint the eyes on them.
'16 Cosplay
Suzuya (Tokyo Ghoul) // Magic!Betty (Adventure Time)

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #57 on: July 20, 2014, 02:31:47 am »
I've seen a lot of people post various progress pics on FB and was wondering how the forumers were doing with their progress? :)

I've been working on my Len costume- mostly experimenting with double-sided interfacing- it's really frickin' awsome~ <3 I can't wait to apply it to other costumes down' the line.
I still have other stuff to do for this con, but nothing overwhelming. Really, I'm looking down the line for next year's costume I'll be working on.
Kumori'15

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #58 on: July 20, 2014, 06:44:00 am »
I'm sad that the forums aren't my go-to Kumoricon hub anymore. I need to change that.

As for progress, I finished my gun-arm for Barret Wallace last night. Compared to the 2009 model (pictured on the left), with a bundle of EVA foam, some poster board, 6 lengths of pipe and a sea of glue, I now have an updated gun-arm far more faithful to the design in the game.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2014, 08:46:06 am by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #59 on: July 20, 2014, 07:05:49 am »
Dude, EveofAbyss, those both look good that I can't really tell which one's the older one O_O I'd believe both could easily have been used by Barret before. I agree, but the constant scrolling and bumping mess on the FB kumoricon is actually more of a headache for me. I can't find photoshoots easily, or see various neat things like progress there.
Kumori'15

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #60 on: July 20, 2014, 12:04:00 pm »
Thanks, Veraca. The one on the left is the older design. I embellished the bands and other details because I was afraid the game's simpler design was too basic and would look boring. (Of course now I disagree, seeing how the current model turned out, but I don't think I would have had the knowledge or skills to make it properly back in 2009.) I still like the look of the older version (inaccuracies aside), it's just lacking some basic prop-making techniques that really help in getting foam to look good. I'm glad to hear it was still a good fit for Barret though! Might give it away or something...

Also, yeah, I much prefer the forums to fb. It functions so much better here. Too bad it's such a ghost town, lol

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #61 on: July 20, 2014, 02:16:09 pm »

LOLITA IS FINISHED JUST GOTTA DO THE MAKEUP AAAAYYY

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #62 on: July 24, 2014, 09:19:45 pm »
Got started on the axe for Ox King today. I bought insulation foam and Bondo for the axehead, but as far as actual cosplay production, I only got some progress on the handle-wrap done. It's looking good though!

For reference:

« Last Edit: July 24, 2014, 09:21:42 pm by EveofAbyss »

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #63 on: July 28, 2014, 10:44:25 pm »
I'm gonna try a kinda crazy (and kinda expensive) way to improve my vision inside my moogle mascot, since I'm going solo with no one to guide me, holding my stubby moogle arms.  I can hardly see out the eyes, and there's a huge honking blind spot right in the center of my field of vision.  I'm attaching my GoPro camera to the moogle's pom-pom, drilling a hole in the head, and fishing down the video out wire to a pair of video goggles that I'll be wearing, which will hopefully be displaying a live feed.  This is still all in the "pretty sure it'll work" theory stage, but my video goggles are on their way, so I'll be able to know by the weekend if I'll need to head back to the drawing board with a month left...
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline Citael

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #64 on: July 28, 2014, 11:35:06 pm »
Mahiru Koizumi: 100% done (well...Besides that I'm waiting for the knee high socks to come xD the ones that came with the cosplay were so, so strange. You know the thick sort of fabric that most cosplays are made out of? It doesn't wrinkle easily and most jackets, pants, etc. are made out of it when you buy a cosplay. you get my drift? THAT'S WHAT THE SOCKS WERE MADE OUT OF THEY LIKE...DON'T WORK. AS. SOCKS.)

Andddd Tamaki Suoh is 100% done, just didn't feel like digging the shoes out of my closet xD

Both of these are without makeup yet sooo....I'll be doing makeup tests later pfft

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #65 on: July 29, 2014, 07:43:58 pm »
Cause I'm crazy, I decided to work on my Emil costume from ToS2- basically remaking the top, ripping the elastic out of the pants, making the shoes and remaking the scarf.
The blue looks much more wonderful than that terrible lavender color that it came in from ebay. I have to adjust all of the purple on the arm pieces too I realized and now I'm rolling in my own tears.
Kumori'15

Offline BrokenPsyche

• Sailor Scout
    • Tumblr
« Reply #66 on: August 01, 2014, 06:15:32 pm »
I finally finished my Dirk shirt! Now I just need to dye my pants, make Dave's shirt and practice the hair.

Offline PersephoneEcho

• Oni
    • Persephone Echo Cosplay
« Reply #67 on: August 18, 2014, 08:50:41 am »
I'm going to do an original Harley Quinn design! I don't have a picture of the shorts totally finished, but here they are before I added the diamonds to them!

Offline ichigo_m.

• Catgirl
    • OhMyCosplay
« Reply #68 on: August 18, 2014, 03:43:27 pm »
I finished most of my sewing for my San cosplay today! I chose a grey fur for the cape, rather than white, because I felt like it was more natural, but now with it all together I might have changed my mind.. Who knows~ Maybe I'll get white fur next week.
What do you guys think?
Kumoricon 2014: Pearl - Sakizou. Princess Serenity - Sailor Moon. Undine Asuna - SAO. Zelda - A Link Between Worlds.

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #69 on: August 18, 2014, 08:00:04 pm »

So I started making this..I have it mostly done..This is also not a finished character ither..She is also my OC..I haven't given her a name either..The dark color on the drawing is black and the lighter will be royal/semi dark blue.
Changes will include:
-Shorter boots that have a cure "angle" top that it shorter on the inside and taller on the outside.
-Stockings. These will be black and blue just like Stocking from Panty and Stocking (that's what they were last used for haha).
-Ribbon rather than wire wrapping the scythe (Shown in pic below).
-Bat wings on the ankles of the boots
MAYBE changes (Things I'm still thinking over:
-Ribbon corset fronting over the stomach area
-Choker
-Wrist thingies..Like lace cuffs..

Scythe:

Offline tirofinale

• Cabbit
    • Twitter
    • tumblr
« Reply #70 on: August 18, 2014, 09:12:55 pm »
I finished most of my idol mitsuki cosplay today! i'm just going to make some adjustments here and there and also make the wrist cuffs. I'll probably have to do a makeup test soon for her too (i'm terrible with makeup though OTL...........)

Offline Trickpeta

• Oni
    • Tumblr
« Reply #71 on: August 18, 2014, 10:15:59 pm »

because i will probably forever be homestuck trash i've revamped my nepeta costume for this year, finally got the hat and horns finished! everything else is done so hopefully i'll be able to do a quick cosplay test for her tomorrow~ o:
Kumoricon 2015 is probably going to be my last Kumoricon for a while :( so sad

Offline EveofAbyss

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2014, 09:40:02 pm »
Been working on Ox King the past few days. Finished his axe yesterday, and started on his helmet today. Not bad for my first time making a helmet!

I have to work this weekend, so my cosplay time will be pretty short, but hopefully I can get the helmet completed by Sunday night, then I'll just have Barret's waist-guard to remake by Thursday (well, and Ox King's entire outfit, but that's another battle...).

Buy my book of poems!
Lord Otaku commands you!

Offline Sailor-Jeimi

• Bunnygirl
    • Facebook
    • Twitter
    • YouTube
« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2014, 11:11:46 pm »
Almost done with Sora..This is cutting it REALLy freaking close..

So far what I have left, is to sew the yellow straps together completely (easy) then adding the velcro to make it so I can take them off and put them on lol then do the same with the yellow parts of the other side (the other bag is done, just not the straps) sew the armor on the shoulders, and sew the yellow shoulder straps and DONE!! lol

Offline veraca

• Bunnygirl
« Reply #74 on: August 24, 2014, 03:08:38 am »
Besides digging out costume pieces and ironing, I haven't been doing much. For the costumes I'm taking, I'm pretty much all done. A lot of the ironing was on the elastic for Ciel. I do still need to sew (I'm thinking just basting though) an extension to Ciel's shirt so it'll stay tucked in better.
I just have to check out wigs and style Len's. I did finish up his headphones in one day and I'm nerdly happy about them cause they're basically just foam and are really light~
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 03:09:28 am by veraca »
Kumori'15

Offline TardisPants

• Cabbit
« Reply #75 on: August 24, 2014, 07:44:32 pm »
Completely done with Greeling, except for a makeup test and I need to iron the collar of the shirt. Really freaking excited for K-con right now.