Author Topic: Deadly Premonition Cosplay Group 2014  (Read 5780 times)

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
Deadly Premonition Cosplay Group 2014
« on: August 06, 2013, 12:12:59 pm »
Kumoricon 2013 is coming up pretty soon, but it wouldn't hurt to plan something for next year - right?

I'm planning on cosplaying as Emily Wyatt from the video game Deadly Premonition (Red Seeds Profile in Japan). I'd really like to get together with some people who will cosplay as other characters from the game such as York, George, Thomas or anyone, really.

If you're interested, you can comment on this thread or you can send me a PM and we can chat about plans privately.

However, please give me notice of your plans on attending sometime BEFORE August 2014 so I know to expect you!

Also, if you would like some help making props for your costume, I'd be happy to make some and bring them to the photoshoot - just ask!

« Last Edit: September 24, 2013, 01:00:03 pm by Valkyrie542 »
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Message me if you're doing similar cosplays and want to meet for photos!

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
Re: Deadly Premonition Cosplay Group
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 09:13:59 pm »
For next year, I would really love to cosplay as the Raincoat Killer...I drew up preliminary plans to go as him this year, but too much of my focus was pulled into making my moogle mascot.  Oh well, like you said, no harm in planning something for next year!  :)
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 02:14:03 pm »
For next year, I would really love to cosplay as the Raincoat Killer...I drew up preliminary plans to go as him this year, but too much of my focus was pulled into making my moogle mascot.  Oh well, like you said, no harm in planning something for next year!  :)
That sounds great! Whenever you get to finish it, I'd love to see it.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2013, 06:27:04 pm »
Another thing I just thought of...

If there is going to be a photoshoot at Kumoricon 2014, should we do it on Day 0 or some other day during the weekend? Thoughts?

Also, it would be great to have a photoshoot taken with a lot of trees (but I'm not sure the park will be enough); so, maybe we can have a separate photoshoot done somewhere else at another time. I'll need to do some research to find some beautiful parks in Washington and Oregon - Tryon Creek might be a good place, though.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2013, 09:29:15 pm »
Good idea on the nice foresty area.  I'm not usually able to do Day 0 because of work, but I can see about putting in for time off.  I believe there is a park about 3 miles East of the Hilton/Red Lion...David Douglas Park, methinks.
Prince McKupo is back in the action, baby!  Kupo!  Now, as for my "cooling down" cosplay: Jude Mathis, with both his Xillia 1 (100%) and Xillia 2 (100%) outfits.

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2013, 12:28:05 am »
Normally I wouldn't come to Kcon on Day 0 either; but I know that there's nothing going on on Day 0 since events and games don't start until Day 1. But, it's good to brainstorm about it.

It's actually kinda ironic that you mention David Douglas Park; I just looked it up to look for some sample photos and I've read that it's rumored to be haunted. And..this is for a DP photoshoot and all.  :o

It would be wonderful if we can get to a nice park in Washington since that's where 'Greenvale' is.
Also, it'll be great to take some pictures at the clock tower - like the one in the game, almost - and around the hotel for a small town look.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Offline Prince McKupo

• Sailor Scout
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2013, 12:51:18 am »
Huh...that's nicely convenient for David Douglas Park to be supposedly haunted...

Yeah, it would be awesome to try to "recreate" Greenvale using venues reminiscent of the town (Clock tower, cafe, hotel, bar, forest, etc.).

If we manage to find someone who wants to do Gone-off-the-deep-end-in-drag Thomas, you have to do a battle photoshoot with him at the clock tower...especially if there's a very *unf*-Scruffy York caught in the middle...
;)

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2013, 01:40:15 am »
If we cover the clock tower, hotel and forest, we've got nearly half the town mapped.  :)

YES! I would love to do something like that; I can picture having our guns pointed at each other or playing tug of war with York.  ;D
If we can even get a York, it'd be awesome to get you as the Raincoat Killer to stand together back-to-back.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
Re: Deadly Premonition Cosplay Group 2014
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2013, 07:51:38 pm »
While David Douglas Park would be a fun and ironic place for the photoshoot, it's quite a ways away from the convention space.

However, while I was making the drive back home after the con, I saw a park called Marine Park that's only about fifteen minutes away from The Red Lion. The area is stocked full of trees, a playground (might be good for some funny pictures!), some park benches, some hiking paths..and there was a Water Resource Center that looked interesting too that's close by.

I'll do a bit more research on it and get the address for it, just in case.  ;D

Also, if you would like to cosplay as more than one character or have an extra outfit for a character (Example: George in his Sheriff uniform and have the boss costume on hand) that will be just fine.

I'll make another post later that will feature Marine Park's address as well as a list of possible sights to take photographs.
And, as always, if you have any ideas to contribute or would like to participate in the photoshoot, feel free to comment on this thread or PM me.
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2013, 04:55:11 pm »
Without much delay, here are a few updates!  :D

So, here is a link that shows the location of Marine Park: http://www.cityofvancouver.us/parksrec/page/marine-park

And, here is a blog page that features some snapshots of the park: http://mrsparkexplorer.blogspot.com/2012/09/marine-park.html#!/2012/09/marine-park.html

Gorgeous and spacious, isn't it?

-----------------------

Now, I've also found out about the dates for Kumoricon next year and here they are:

Kumoricon 2014

-Day 0: Thursday, August 28th
-Day 1: Friday, August 29th
-Day 2: Saturday, August 30th
-Day 3: Sunday, August 31st
-Day 4: Monday, September 1st

Mind you, next year is going to be a four day weekend for Kumoricon instead of the usual three days.
Nothing happens on Day 0, but it's a good day to get checked in, get a feel for the area or plan photoshoots since there aren't any con events.
Personally, I'm not quite sure I'll be able to go for the full four days - but we'll see.

What we all should keep in mind, is that if next year is going to be anything like this year, we should probably meet sometime in the morning so we don't get burned to a crisp.
It was awful hot the whole weekend and I don't want anyone to get hurt or sick during the photoshoot!

-----------------------

Possible Photoshoot Spots

-The Red Lion: (The dock, inside the hotel)
-The Hilton: (The outside area, inside the hotel, the clock tower)
-Marine Park: (Open field, trees, park bench, playground, hiking trail)

These are just a few ideas I have; if anyone has something to contribute, feel free to speak your mind.
I haven't decided on where to meet yet, but I learned from a photoshoot this year that it probably shouldn't be the clock tower - too crowded and it was way too hot to sit and wait for people.
So, we might need to meet in The Hilton's cafe or near the parking garage, some place that isn't too crowded.

More details to come!
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2013, 12:56:10 pm »
Adding a list of cosplayers here; but some attendances are tentative.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Deadly Premonition Cosplays

-Emily Wyatt (Valkyrie542)

-Raincoat Killer (Prince McKupo)

-Carol MacLaine (ashebutt94)

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The list will be updated as more cosplayers join!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2013, 08:57:33 am by Valkyrie542 »
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!

Offline kryall

• Oni
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2013, 10:56:06 pm »
ya Im interest.
could you possibly help put panel together. 

Offline Valkyrie542

• Sailor Scout
    • Deviantart
« Reply #12 on: March 05, 2014, 11:54:45 pm »
The photoshoot is still being planned; sorry for being absent - I got rather busy!

I'm arriving at the con on August 29th (Day 1) and will be staying until September 1st (Day 4).
So, if you all know which days you're going to be at the con, this would be a good time to try to coordinate the one day to meet up!

In addition to wearing Emily's uniform, I plan on wearing her red goddess dress too - so it might be a really good idea to get everyone in their dresses together at Marine Park; but it might have to be on a separate day from the casual wear shoot.

Another idea I had was to - possibly - host a Sinner Sandwich eating contest.
To avoid food allergies, everyone would probably have to bring their own ingredients and make their sandwiches at the con.
A really good recipe for the sandwich can be found here: http://www.gourmetgaming.co.uk/post/6561253714/deadly-premonition-red-seeds-profile-sinners
I've made the sandwich and tried it myself - using Special K cereal, sliced ham, butter and strawberry jam. It's pretty good, actually!
-Kumoricon Cosplays-

Coming Soon!!