Author Topic: [Cannot Unsee] The Hetalia Improv Skit Panel [submitted]  (Read 1995 times)

Offline hikaru_maxwell

• Catgirl
[Cannot Unsee] The Hetalia Improv Skit Panel [submitted]
« on: January 27, 2013, 05:13:11 pm »
This coming Kumoricon year, the panelists that brought you Hetastuck will be applying to host the "Ask a Nation to Do A Skit" panel. This is NOT your typical "Ask [insert anime character or series here] panel", but will be an improv panel based on the hetalia series where the audience will give the hosts and actors a hypothetical situation in which they will have to improv a skit about that situation within a set time limit. Think of it kind of like the skits performed on that old game show, whose line is it anyway. Except Hetalia.

There will be rules, of course. What CU panel doesn't come with rules? Keeping to the rules will make it more fun!
The basic rules:
If you ask for a nation to perform a skit, you must be willing to be in the skit yourself. The nations hosting will assign you a country if you do not have one (for the duration of the skit).  
No nudity, excess profanity, or base vulgarity. It's not an 18+ panel, you know.
Play nice. Please don't bring your inter or intra-fandom wank into the panel or the topic. We're all here to have fun.
If you ask for a skit that crosses the line into "no-go" territory, the host (which will be either South Korea or Denmark depending on reasons) reserves the right to replace that skit with a prompt of our own, which may or may not be sillier, stupider, or outright weirder than the original request depending on the circumstances.

I will reiterate that this is NOT an "ask a nation" panel. Typical ask a nation panels have the audience asking a question of a specific country and then that country answers in character. This panel is an improv panel that deals with prompts, and performs skits. We don't answer questions like "What do you feel about Italy?" or "If Belgium, Denmark, and Sealand stepped on your lawn, who would you shoot first?" We're not that kind of panel.

Our audience will give us situations like "France, England, and Italy! Spicy food, a restaurant, and burnt scones! GO!"

And then we'd have to act it out.  This is sure to be a fun time for all, so if you'd like to attend, let us know here. If you'd like to participate (and be a nation at the front of the room performing the skits), you can apply at this facebook event page:
https://www.facebook.com/events/393619464065252/?ref=2

A facebook event page will be made for attendees of the panel if and when the panel is approved by kumoricon staff.

Nations hosting:
Sweden or Military China: Rei
Denmark or South Korea: hikaru maxwell
France or Mother Gaul (depending on her cosplay): Chan Highwind
?Prussia: Cana (if she can make the trip up from OK)
Italy: Nando! <3

~ Other nations to be added as they apply.~

You may now discuss, and we will take any comments, ideas, or constructive criticism (as long as it's not deliberately inflammatory or phrased like "I'm sure this will be denied because it will be chaos etc etc etc" or "You shouldn't even be applying for this" or "don't steal other peoples ideas because Nando is already doing an Ask A Nation panel" or something similar.)

I'd just like to say again that just because two panels have similar names does not mean that the content of two panels will be the same. Two similarly named panel ideas CAN coexist on the same messageboard or in the same convention if the staff allows it. That is all.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 03:02:09 pm by hikaru_maxwell »

~*~Member of Cannot Unsee~*~

Offline graphicnovellife

• Sailor Scout
Re: [Cannot Unsee] The Hetalia Improv Skit Panel [submitted]
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 08:06:31 pm »
so, do you know what day this will be? and I guess I don't get how the audience gets involved