Author Topic: Selling Jack Frost Hoodie and Staff(staff not 100% finished)  (Read 3189 times)

Offline fluffpuffgerbil

• Sailor Scout
Woo so I lost everything I wrote after I was nearly finished so here it goes again.

I'm selling my Jack Frost Hoodie and Staff that I made. I only wore the hoodie once for around 10 minutes to show it off for a school presentation. As in the title, the staff is incomplete, as in it is not completely finished being painted yet. The last maybe 10 inches of the staff's shaft is just brown, and some of the paint has cracks in it around the staff. And I'm not shipping these, but we can set up an arrangement to meet at Kumoricon or meet up halfway elsewhere.

Hoodie Size: Medium
Hoodie Price: $45
Hoodie Details: Dyed a white hoodie twice with navy dye and hand painted the frost with a combination of clear sparkly paint, silver paint, and white paint all acrylic and mixed with a textile medium. Needs to be heat set with an iron, but I will do that before delivery if purchased. There are two marks on the back of the hoodie where I accidentally got paint, so it is not completely flawless.
Video of Hoodie showing detail: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKceJ8ofVRI&list=HL1373166090&feature=mh_lolz
Other pics:

Staff height: From ground to highest point, the staff is 74 inches or 6'2".
Staff Price: $65
Price for both staff and hoodie: $100
Staff details: Staff is made from a base of pipe foam insulation supported with sturdy pipe in the centre of each piece. All pieces were hotglued together then wire was wrapped around it for support and texture. The other layers were of paper mache(tacky glue and water mix with computer paper as the medium) and more wire. The staff is very sturdy for a prop, but don't go hitting things with it. It can be twirled around and flourished and stuff. =) The "Hook" on the top is almost rock hard and can't be easily broken. I included a video showing the sturdiness of it when squeezed. I gripped it pretty tight, tighter than you need to.  It's not completely finished being painted though, the last 18 inches or so need detail and the whole thing needs touched up, but it is still pretty presentable.
Pics:
(close up of hook, not best quality)

Handle/middle of shaft

Unfinished part

Staff and Hoodie together:

3 minute video shows the staff in much detail, please watch for best representation of it: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsOPrRDlqyE

Email me at fluffpuffgerbil@gmail.com if you have any questions, or send me a PM here!

No plans for 2013 due to always changing plans. ><